What's new

Is PLA aggressive and like to fight a war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am an American Pakistani, why is it alarming that I do not agree with your current governments policies?? I hold no grudge against your people but am not fond of the CCP.

I see. (And by the way you said "the Chinese" in your previous post, not "CPC").

What I don't get, is how can a Pakistani support America over China?

Did we invade Iraq, killing 1 million Muslim civilians there? Did we invade Afghanistan, Libya, Lebanon or Gaza?

Are we the ones sending drones to kill Pakistani civilians? Are we the ones who are relentlessly painting Muslims as terrorists in the international media? No, that is America.

You are right but in this day and age occupation is frowned upon while back in those times you were an outcast if you didn't think of expanding beyond your border and were most likely the target of an invasion.

Sry ill havta disagree. If reading about the history of my own subcontinent has taught me anything ,its is tht we were never different .Im sometimes amazed th how little we have changed.
The only thing tht has changed is the parameters of engagement. The kernel is still the same as it was always.

Just like when fighting wars with sword is different while fighting with guns, fighting in a world filled with easily available info is different from one tht is devoid of it.

morality is just an after effect tht occur out of a wise foresight,overcome easily by indoctrination or misinformation if one really need to achive an agenda..

I see. (And by the way you said "the Chinese" in your previous post, not "CPC").

What I don't get, is how can a Pakistani support America over China?

Did we invade Iraq, killing 1 million Muslim civilians there? Did we invade Afghanistan, Libya, Lebanon or Gaza?

Are we the ones sending drones to kill Pakistani civilians? Are we the ones who are relentlessly painting Muslims as terrorists in the international media? No, that is America.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. Who says I support America over China?? I have a problem with the foreign policies of both!! Listen, I know America is not perfect I am not in a fools paradise. I know they spew nonsense the world over about Muslims and I have criticized American policies on this very forum.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. Who says I support America over China?? I have a problem with the foreign policies of both!! Listen, I know America is not perfect I am not in a fools paradise. I know they spew nonsense the world over about Muslims and I have criticized American policies on this very forum.

We are surely not perfect either, not even close. But for a highly pro-Muslim person such as yourself I thought that America would be the last country for you to use both of their flags.

We are surely not perfect either, not even close. But for a highly pro-Muslim person such as yourself I thought that America would be the last country for you to use both of their flags.

I am an American by birth and by location. My family has been here for over 50 years and I have uncles and cousins who are or have been a part of the US military. I once asked my cousin who fought in Afghanistan, why do you fight against Muslims?? He looked at me funny and said do they represent Islam?? That pretty much summed it up for me. I am a Pakistani by ethnicity and have been there only once for 4 months and quite frankly it was a culture shock. Besides it serves Muslims better if American Muslims such as myself stay here in order to fight some of the negative stereotypes.

Chinese Dragon, although I am not a fan of your government I do welcome your economic prowess. The other day while in my Political science class my professor stated that America has not been back to the moon since the cold war. The question is why is that the case?? I came to my own conclusion that it is because we have not had as a country any other power to compete against since the fall of the Soviet Union. America needs China so that we can continue to better ourselves. Other may care to differ.

Chinese Dragon, although I am not a fan of your government I do welcome your economic prowess. The other day while in my Political science class my professor stated that America has not been back to the moon since the cold war. The question is why is that the case?? I came to my own conclusion that it is because we have not had as a country any other power to compete against since the fall of the Soviet Union. America needs China so that we can continue to better ourselves. Other may care to differ.

this competition can also be used as an excuse to extract more money out of the tax payers pockets in the name of security

this competition can also be used as an excuse to extract more money out of the tax payers pockets in the name of security

Competition in the field of education, sciences ,etc. If the Chinese start sending multiple missions to the Moon or probes to Mars we will start to increase our own output. That is what I mean by competition, not military competition although that too is inevitable.

Competition in the field of education, sciences ,etc. If the Chinese start sending multiple missions to the Moon or probes to Mars we will start to increase our own output. That is what I mean by competition, not military competition although that too is inevitable.

funny how ppl and nations crave an adversary ,

although everything is first military and then civilian.

funny how ppl and nations crave an adversary ,

although everything is first military and then civilian.

Without competition there is no reason to better oneself. Like I said though, it is definitively up for debate.

Not sure about this interpretation.

Remember MacArthur's famous words during the Korean War? "We'll be home by Christmas".

The US and her 16 allies had already taken over the entire Korean peninsula, until the Chinese intervention. In which they were forced into the longest retreat in their own military history. All we wanted was a buffer zone, and we got it.

Unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree here.

For us, the war started when North Korea invaded South Korea, and we pushed them back but failed to topple North Korea. We failed to integrate North Korea with South Korea, but South Korea was defended.
For you, it started when China entered the war, and you managed to maintain your buffer state but failed to push us off the peninsula (and no it wasn't for lack of trying).

We are simply at a disconnect, because to us the war wasn't all about China, even if to you it was all about the US.

All of this is beside the actual point of my post though. JHungary answered it in good order with his own belief, but do you think China today might have been better served by a United Korea under a 'South Korean' style government with potentially no real reason for a US troop presence, and because of this lack of threat and history, one that might view relations with the US and relations with China differently?
Today, North Korea is still here and setting off nukes, bombing South Korean warships and shelling their civilians. How exactly can anyone call that a "victory"? Maybe it was a victory for the Fat Kims.

When I say victory i mean an objective victory. Today's state could be argued as an 'objective victory' for both China and the US, wherein both accomplished their primary reasons for the conflict but failed to follow through with the most optimum outcome for their respective interests.

Geopolitically I'd say it hasn't turned out very good for China though. North Korea has turned out to be a huge headache for China on the Geopolitical stage, and just another reason for US presence in Asia.

Unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree here.

Fair enough. :tup:

All of this is beside the actual point of my post though. JHungary answered it in good order with his own belief, but do you think China today might have been better served by a United Korea under a 'South Korean' style government with potentially no real reason for a US troop presence, and because of this lack of threat and history, one that might view relations with the US and relations with China differently?

In my opinion, no. North Korea being a naughty bastard is taking the attention off us.

If North Korea wasn't there, South Korea and Japan would only be looking at us. Imagine if the Cheonan incident happened between China and SK?

When I say victory i mean an objective victory. Today's state could be argued as an 'objective victory' for both China and the US, wherein both accomplished their primary reasons for the conflict but failed to follow through with the most optimum outcome for their respective interests.

Geopolitically I'd say it hasn't turned out very good for China though. North Korea has turned out to be a huge headache for China on the Geopolitical stage, and just another reason for US presence in Asia.

US presence helps to allow peace of mind for SK and Japan, resulting in regional stability. Which allows us to continue our economic development uninterrupted.

And you're paying for this regional stability out of your own pocket. I'm unsure which part of this I'm supposed to have a problem with? :P

At this stage, economic development is WAY more important than expanding regional influence. Maybe in 10 years this will change, but not today.

China is a strong supporter of the "status quo" for a reason, because the status quo works for us.

Yes I am an American Pakistani, why is it alarming that I do not agree with your current governments policies?? I hold no grudge against your people but am not fond of the CCP.
CCP hasn't launched a war in 30 years, but can you say the same for American government?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom