What's new

Is Pakistan ready for foreign tourists ?

I lived in europe since 2010 so I would tell you to get real too :enjoy:
If you are so scared living there and have such negative vibes, why are you still there ?? ...double standards ..may be..Have fun kid...enjoy Europe and stay safe ..

If you are so scared living there and have such negative vibes, why are you still there ?? ...double standards ..may be..Have fun kid...enjoy Europe and stay safe ..
Omg you are some retard...read what I wrote....I didn't say europe is ALL bad....I said each country DOES have its dingy side that they don't show ....

Yeah, the image is far better than the reality. Not much to see out in the US countryside.
Well it is good for people who haven't travelled extensively and become desensitised. ...

I mean I was moved by Roman ruins ....that was something new to me coz I hadnt seen a civilization dig and would have loved to visit pompea ....so wanted to didn't get the time...

I was moved by the alps but that was coz I hasn't seen much mountains...nor had the chance to live in mountainous valley...

I had done ice skating in a rink so when I saw real frozen pond up in Scandinavia, it didn't really move me...

I mean I was impressed kinda with Dubai sand dunes desert safari. ...had I done that in Baluchistan I might not have been impressed. ..

I guess you get impressed by what you haven't seen.

Yeah, the image is far better than the reality. Not much to see out in the US countryside.
But I did like European countryside even though we had visited villages in Pakistan as a kid....though it wasn't the same but I guess there is always a goodness to the green nature....also prob why I was impressed with the greenery in Scandinavia. ...not so much with the cold people/ lack of hospitality

Well it is good for people who haven't travelled extensively and become desensitised. ...

I mean I was moved by Roman ruins ....that was something new to me coz I hadnt seen a civilization dig and would have loved to visit pompea ....so wanted to didn't get the time...

I was moved by the alps but that was coz I hasn't seen much mountains...nor had the chance to live in mountainous valley...

I had done ice skating in a rink so when I saw real frozen pond up in Scandinavia, it didn't really move me...

I mean I was impressed kinda with Dubai sand dunes desert safari. ...had I done that in Baluchistan I might not have been impressed. ..

I guess you get impressed by what you haven't seen.

But touring any country is far more than just scenery. For me, trying out local foods is a big charm. History is another. Pakistan has them aplenty.

I think you need a sanity check. ...you were the one blaming whole of Pakistan should I state you shouldn't live in Pakistan?

I stated I know how to find problems in other countries but I don't make vlogs about them....I mean Hungary recently started promoting tourism...should I write a blog about how fake that is and how there was anti foreigner rally I witnessed? It didn't get aggressive but the whole feel of the city changed.....should I too complain?

What about going to South of Italy? There is mafia there the locals openly claim it but they say you won't see them and they mind their own business as long as you do too

Should I write a blog about the fake of Venice, Florence and Rome just coz of some bad experience in one city in Italy? I mean whole of italy even Rome the capital isn't familiar to English so should I open a vlog on how it is difficult to communicate there? Or a vlog about how even going vegetarian in eastern Europe is tough? (I am not even complainin about the lack of halal food but vegetarian)...or how bad French food really is that during our conferences even other European natives were not impressed and DID complain

But touring any country is far more than just scenery. For me, trying out local foods is a big charm. History is another. Pakistan has them aplenty.
Exactly
Like I said I was moved by Roman civilization and dig....history is always love

Culture is another thing...I went to Venice and checked out its glass island (murano) even bought some souvenirs just for remembrance (we have one piece from every countru I visit. ..one magnet a piece of something and tons of pictures and if possible a postcard to parents ) ..went to Burano the lace island but now everything is made in China their industry is sinking....I couldn't be bothered to buy anything there coz Pakistani lace work is way superior....plus I got a gift from an Italian coz I gave her Pashmina....

I even went to some pottery workshop in Scandinavia bought something that was really shit for some expensive price just for remembrance (I am a crazy tourist)....Pakistani pottery is def way superior...

I got hand woven gloves from another colleague and we'll I love collecting stuff :D

Exactly

Culture is another thing...I went to Venice and checked out its glass island (murano) even bought some souvenirs just for remembrance (we have one piece from every countru I visit. ..one magnet a piece of something and tons of pictures and if possible a postcard to parents ) ..went to Burano the lace island but now everything is made in China their industry is sinking....I couldn't be bothered to buy anything there coz Pakistani lace work is way superior....plus I got a gift from an Italian coz I gave her Pashmina....

I even went to some pottery workshop in Scandinavia bought something that was really shit for some expensive price just for remembrance (I am a crazy tourist)....Pakistani pottery is def way superior...

I got hand woven gloves from another colleague and well I love collecting stuff :D

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of tourists. Adventure/"backpacker" tourists coming to Pakistan will increase in the coming years, and these tend to be more intelligent than other tourists. They are more likely to accept different cultural norms, and in fact that is what they more often than not want to experience. They are not the richest segment of tourists but for them Pakistan is nevertheless certainly ready.

The other major tourist segment are the richer resort holidaymakers (sometimes with family's). These want peace and quite, high quality accommodation and a token "cultural" experience. I am thinking of the likes who go to Bali for example. Party, tan, booze and maybe spend a day or two going to a local temple/city and taking pics there, then return to the resort. These are richer tourists but more high maintenance. Pakistan is not ready to receive such tourists at the moment. Bustling cities, alcohol restrictions and lack of high quality accommodation means attracting such tourists would not be wise.

Exactly

I got hand woven gloves from another colleague and well I love collecting stuff :D

Given that wealth of experience, you can be a good judge of where tourism in Pakistan ranks relative to other countries, who are trying to get the same business, when any potential tourists are planning a vacation.

No its isnt. Its not valid for every country.

Lets face it and do a simple test. If you can send your sisters/or other close female relatives by themselves to go to Murree from Islamabad to stay there for few days for sightseeing or let them go to Gilgit or Skardu just by themselves for tourism, then its fine . But if you will not allow your female relatives to go there, then dont expect others and that too foreigners to travel to Pakistan alone or even with some male companions to go to Northern areas and stay there for few days.

Being Pakistani I have to admit that its not easy to travel around Pakistan especially once you have female companions. Lets not bluff ourselves and take it what is truth. We seriously need to improve the conditions traveling in and out of Pakistan .
You went on a tangent didnt you?

Given that wealth of experience, you can be a good judge of where tourism in Pakistan ranks relative to other countries, who are trying to get the same business, when any potential tourists are planning a vacation.
If given the opportunity I would like to help ...I have been a tourist since I was two yrs old (literally)....first travelling with family for dad's job then travelling for work and studies. ...so yes I can provide an insight and as @Kambojaric has rightly said so....we are ready for one ....While the rich tourists ....well I doubt I even want such sorts who destroy the nature and cause cultural degradation to come to Pakistan...they have Bali, Vegas and Venice to destroy :enjoy:

Depends on what kind of tourists. Adventure/"backpacker" tourists coming to Pakistan will increase in the coming years, and these tend to be more intelligent than other tourists. They are more likely to accept different cultural norms, and in fact that is what they more often than not want to experience. They are not the richest segment of tourists but for them Pakistan is nevertheless certainly ready.

The other major tourist segment are the richer resort holidaymakers (sometimes with family's). These want peace and quite, high quality accommodation and a token "cultural" experience. I am thinking of the likes who go to Bali for example. Party, tan, booze and maybe spend a day or two going to a local temple/city and taking pics there, then return to the resort. These are richer tourists but more high maintenance. Pakistan is not ready to receive such tourists at the moment. Bustling cities, alcohol restrictions and lack of high quality accommodation means attracting such tourists would not be wise.
Alcohol and clubbing is a no go, so that is not even part of the discussion. Otherwise I agree with your points.

I haven't heard her but from what u am reading is she was confused of where Pakistan is that she even brought in cultural clash?!

Of course there is cultural clash! We aren't white nor European...If someone is going to be misled it is solely based on that ignorant not doing his/her research

Exactly! I don't know why she singled out pakistan unless it is the first country outside her native land or region that she visited!

Heck there is also cultural clash going to eastern Europe or southern America with gun culture!

To me it seems a gimmick for attention coz her show was cancelled!

Pakistan never advertised itself as a first world country so if she "was misled" it was coz she didn't do any research. ....

Even when I went to Europe I read up abt it. When I went ot USA I read up abt it. When I went to Thailand I read up abt bt it....now if an idiot doesn't read abt where they abt bare going kindly don't blame the country or exaggerate repeatedly! We have enough problems than to teach people to do research abt our country!
Yup, pretty much. She expected it to be just like her home, seems very very ignorant.

If given the opportunity I would like to help ...I have been a tourist since I was two yrs old (literally)....first travelling with family for dad's job then travelling for work and studies. ...so yes I can provide an insight and as @Kambojaric has rightly said so....we are ready for one ....While the rich tourists ....well I doubt I even want such sorts who destroy the nature and cause cultural degradation to come to Pakistan...they have Bali, Vegas and Venice to destroy :enjoy:

So in your opinion, what is the ideal type of tourists that should consider Pakistan as a destination and what sort of activities could they enjoy?

Some people I have noticed tend to think that anything a gora says has to be right and they back it up with "authentic local" head nods....
Do you see how they are disowning their culture, which is thousands year old. Just to make foreigners happy, and then they call people like us, having some sort of complex. This is the biggest hypocrisy that I have seen, thus far on PDF. It sickens me

So in your opinion, what is the ideal type of tourists that should consider Pakistan as a destination and what sort of activities could they enjoy?
Adventure tourism for snow and water sports and eco tourism is readily available in Pakistan ....

I can vouch for the water sports (though not as luxurious as overseas we have it started...I tried some in the recreational area of KPK - personal experience) and Karachi has some good stuff...

As for cultural we have it in every province from kite flying and camel rides on beach to Lahore city and even some parts of Sindh and nd Baluchistan (but the latter needs more security...Sindh on the other hand needs development and since I haven't been to either only read...I can't vouch for these...)

Activities for cultural tourism can be a cultural village employing citizens who will showcase their work and open workshop and can charge for it.

I remember I paid some money in Scotland to try on some Scottish clothes and get a picture taken...I think it was either £5-10 ...something similar can be advertised?

I also remember we had entrance ticket for the glass workshop in Venice...and since we have better pottery, wood and glass works we can have multiple workshops....It doesn't have to be big. The glass and metal workshops I went to in Europe didn't even allow me to blow rhe glass but it had a man doing the work so you could see it being made and you could buy the work.

The metal workshop had keys and tools be made live ...This was during a Christmas Market. ...

I also saw some sweets workshop...now these workshops can be interactive like an old spinning machine where I was allowed to spin a thread to non invasive like the glass workshop which had everything on boards and signs while a man did display and sold his work...There were timings of course not 24/7...

If given the opportunity I would really love to manage this sector

Do you see how they are disowning their culture, which is thousands year old. Just to make foreigners happy, and then they call people like us, having some sort of complex. This is the biggest hypocrisy that I have seen, thus far on PDF. It sickens me
Chill yaar aysay pagal bohot hain sadly more in Pakistan. ..even if you give them real life examples from personal experience they swing extremes ...like how my story was taken out of context and I was said to be a hypocrite for showing there is bad IN europe but the gori is not shown as a hypocrite for misleading herself due to lack of research?

Damn I hate autocorrect and stupid dictionary of my mobile....sorry for the grammatical and some shitty errors

Adventure tourism for snow and water sports and eco tourism is readily available in Pakistan ....

I can vouch for the water sports (though not as luxurious as overseas we have it started...I tried some in the recreational area of KPK - personal experience) and Karachi has some good stuff...

As for cultural we have it in every province from kite flying and camel rides on beach to Lahore city and even some parts of Sindh and nd Baluchistan (but the latter needs more security...Sindh on the other hand needs development and since I haven't been to either only read...I can't vouch for these...)

Activities for cultural tourism can be a cultural village employing citizens who will showcase their work and open workshop and can charge for it.

I remember I paid some money in Scotland to try on some Scottish clothes and get a picture taken...I think it was either £5-10 ...something similar can be advertised?

I also remember we had entrance ticket for the glass workshop in Venice...and since we have better pottery, wood and glass works we can have multiple workshops....It doesn't have to be big. The glass and metal workshops I went to in Europe didn't even allow me to blow rhe glass but it had a man doing the work so you could see it being made and you could buy the work.

The metal workshop had keys and tools be made live ...This was during a Christmas Market. ...

I also saw some sweets workshop...now these workshops can be interactive like an old spinning machine where I was allowed to spin a thread to non invasive like the glass workshop which had everything on boards and signs while a man did display and sold his work...There were timings of course not 24/7...

If given the opportunity I would really love to manage this sector

You get my vote for Minister for Tourism! :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom