What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

I use to consider you a sane person,but you too have consumed a lot of propaganda from saffroni's

In my defence, I am a lot milder now than I was here in 2009.

,95% of Pakistani population is living in Indus valley for thousand of years.I don't think so by changing religion your motherland is also changed.

How does that negate what I said in terms of the section you quoted?

The subcontinent for the most part is made up of indigenous people.

The division was not on the basis of you separating basis where you had lived for thousands of years.

It was on the basis of an faith foreign to the land and the people. Brought in by invaders. Accepted by the invaded. Who then joined the invaders to fight those who did not accept.

That did not make the invaded the invaders. It just made them turncoats.

And the reprisal for that was what the British came just in time to interrupt.

Is that a difficult concept to grasp?

Our Strength was well shown in Panipat.

Panipat delayed the Marathas by 10 years. Before they came back under the Peshwas.

It is the British who stopped the Marathas. Not Abdali.

Last edited:
Panipat delayed the Marathas by 10 years. Before they came back under the Peshwas.

It is the British who stopped the Marathas. Not Abdali.
He simply broke there spine,it was broken beyond repair work,it was just easy for brits to destroy after disastrous defeat at Panipat.
It was on the basis of an faith foreign to the land and the people. Brought in by invaders. Accepted by the invaded. Who then joined the invaders to fight those who did not accept.
Do you really think a Low cast Idol worshiper or a women just being burnt will care about any invasion by anyone.
No one was asked to Accept Islam or die,simply Islam was too powerful and mighty against Idol worshiping and Fire Worshiping, that's why it spread like wild fire.Most of of Attacks on India came from those areas and those peoples who were once Fire Worshiper's.
It just made them turncoats.
It was need of Hours,they just saw there neighbor's submission on west bank of Indus a.k.a Persian's.Destruction of Persian Empire was enough for many other kings to have Heart Attack after seeing a Muslim Army.
But,even today many stories of Persian kings before Islam are popular in Pakistan.
Hate actually makes you insane and you fail to even see the truth.

He simply broke there spine,it was broken beyond repair work,it was just easy for brits to destroy after disastrous defeat at Panipat.

Your history is skewed. It took the British 3 wars, with Indians fighting alongside, with the advantage of superior weaponry and tactics, to finally subdue the Maratha.

There was no vestige of Muslim rule in India at the time. Hadn't been for near on 150 years as a dominant force, even regional, leave alone pan continental.

But,even today many stories of Persian kings before Islam are popular in Pakistan.
Hate actually makes you insane and you fail to even see the truth.

It matters not how Indic people see the Iranic people. This is not racial.

It is existential based on faith.

And my faith and the parent faith of this land are not compatible with that of the Arabs. Not only because of its Semitic origins clashing with Aryan bloodlines.

Fire worshipers, Idol worshipers are nothing but an overt vocalization of how your faith sees the ancient parent faiths of these two Aryan lands and people.

I then fail to understand why a push-back is either unexpected or bemoaned.

Last edited:
Please dont use phrases which induce racism/sectarianism....almost 30% of Pakistanis are Shia...our founding father Jinnah was a shia
so the other guy was 20% now you just went up 30%. I wonder where do you guys come up with your percentages, cuz there is no system in Pakistan that collect such data and international estimate are around 10% to 13%, and even they say this could be an exaggeration due to lack of data collecting. Well Jinnah never considered himself Shia or Sunni, nor he ever practiced shia'ism. If sectarism is causing harm to Pakistan,or we got foreign boot lickers in disguise than it has to be debated and dealt with accordingly.

so the other guy was 20% now you just went up 30%. I wonder where do you guys come up with your percentages, cuz there is no system in Pakistan that collect such data and international estimate are around 10% to 13%, and even they say this could be an exaggeration due to lack of data collecting. Well Jinnah never considered himself Shia or Sunni, nor he ever practiced shia'ism. If sectarism is causing harm to Pakistan,or we got foreign boot lickers in disguise than it has to be debated and dealt with accordingly.
Shia population is approx 20% whatever it maybe we have the world second largest shia population after Iran

No offense for my cynicism but I want to ask how we have eliminated terrorism in Pakistan. Just fewer terrorist attacks means we have defeated the Taliban? Bombings continue, killings continue and there are constant attacks in different parts of Pakistan some from the border of Afghanistan. What is the criteria for having won in the war on terror and if the bar is set so low that we are claiming we have won when terrorists still attack our soldiers and run away (like the last attack that killed 7 soldiers) then there must seriously be something wrong with our defence policy and our defination of "defeating an Islamist insurgency"

We need to pull up our socks put on some boots and make it standard policy to go anywhere and everywhere it is required to defeat terrorists be it in Afghanistan or India.

Your history is skewed. It took the British 3 wars, with Indians fighting alongside, with the advantage of superior weaponry and tactics, to finally subdue the Maratha.
Famous Martha saying
"The Marathi term "Sankrant Kosalali" (सक्रांत कोसळली), meaning "Sankranti has befallen us", is said to have originated from the events of the battle"
HINDU HISTORY
There are some verbs in the Marathi language related to this loss as "Panipat zale" (पानिपत झाले) [a major loss has happened]. This verb is even today used in Marathi language. A common pun is "Aamchaa Vishwaas Panipataat gela" (आमचा विश्वास पानीपतात गेला) [we lost our own (Vishwas) faith since Panipat]. Just before death of brave Dattaji Shinde, when asked whether he would still fight, lionheart Dattaji replied "Bachenge to Aur Bhi Ladenge" (बचेंगे तो औरभी लडेंगे।) [Should we survive, we will fight even more].
Even British Historians of that Time Accept that fact that,Martha's defeat at Panipat was drainage of there whole Power,losses at Panipat were beyond restoration.

Shia population is approx 20% whatever it maybe we have the world second largest shia population after Iran

Hope this helps, from the CIA fact book. Considering all the sect violence in the past decade, this % is more likely to be on the lower end.

Nationality:
noun: Pakistani(s)
adjective: Pakistani

Religions:
Muslim (official) 96.4% (Sunni 85-90%, Shia 10-15%), other (includes Christian and Hindu) 3.6% (2010 est.)
Population:
199,085,847 (July 2015 est.)
country comparison to the world: 7

The World Factbook

Last edited:
Then what was Columbus looking for?
Pak sarzameen?

India means land of Indus (Pakistan) not ganga'land :D even if u say he was looking for India then back in his time there was no country named India but a region (Subcontinent) called Hind or Hindustan again drived from our name Indus (the Land Of Pakistanis) :D

On Topic.. yes we did good job in last 1.5 year.. but still we have long way too go... fanatics like Orangzaib farooqi... Ahmad Ludhyanvi, Mullah Burqa are still free and kicking.. Lej is still doing attacks like Shikarpur... Moreover TTP is hiding in Afghanistan... they come out of their holes once in a month and hit us like Khanzada shaheed and Budaber attacks... we need to chase them in Afghanistan too... otherwise this hit and run will cause us great damage in future...

Last edited:
India means land of Indus (Pakistan) not ganga'land :D even if u say he was looking for India then back in his time there was no country named India but a region (Subcontinent) called Hind or Hindustan again drived from our name Indus (the Land Of Pakistanis) :D
Even Hind is driven from word Sindh, which Arabian traders mispronounced or something. I think Dr. zakir naik mentioned Bahrat is even not in Indian scriptures. Fact of a matter is India, Hind, Bahart was never a united country until Mughal took over.

There was no vestige of Muslim rule in India at the time. Hadn't been for near on 150 years as a dominant force, even regional, leave alone pan continental.

It matters not how Indic people see the Iranic people. This is not racial.

It is existential based on faith.

And my faith and the parent faith of this land are not compatible with that of the Arabs. Not only because of its Semitic origins clashing with Aryan bloodlines.

Fire worshipers, Idol worshipers are nothing but an overt vocalization of how your faith sees the ancient parent faiths of these two Aryan lands and people.

I then fail to understand why a push-back is either unexpected or bemoaned.

Christianity started from Middle East, today most Christians are white, while Coptic Christians are very few. Judaism started from Middle East, today most jews are Ashkenazi European Jews. Islam started from Middle East, today more than 70% Muslims are Non-Arabs. Buddhism started from India, today there is hardly any Buddhist in India, most are South East Asians. It’s a reality no one can deny, you might think Islam/Christianity/Judaism is non compatible with subcontinent, but that’s your opinion, has nothing to do with reality on ground.

Muslims have had an undeniable impact on your culture, language, folklore, food, dress, arts, architecture and music.

Yes. Even Rasool Allah (SWT) said an army from the east will rise and defeat these kharjis and will win this fight.

Pakistan is wining 4 GW. Only country in the recent history. Lankans defeated TTs after fighting prolong war. Evolution of civilization from industrial age to information age resulted into evolution of warfare. Now we are fighting 4 GW+.

Many more chose to fight on. And did. And prevailed.

To accept a religion where a Brahmin would have the right to pelt them with stones for looking them in the eye. Honestly, I'm just repulsed and this is coming from someone with Kashmiri Brahmin roots.

The way most see it, Pakistan was created to save the descendants of the invaded and turned from what was coming in the early 1700s.

The truth is that the British came just in time. For you.

Heh, no.
If anyone was being helped out by the British, it was the noble Hindus™ who cucked themselves out to the British by accepting the Subsidiary alliance with the British. That's how Tipu Sultan eventually fell. Defeated the British invaders, but was eventually defeated by patriotic Hindus™.
However, the breathing space afforded to you with Partition has allowed you to consolidate and fortify and rearm. And finger.

Pssht. Lets wait for another shootout in Mumbai and we'll see what happens. My bets are on the usual procedure. Incessant whining and thest-chumping, but in the end, nothing special. Thing is, you guys can talk the talk. But you definitely can't walk the walk.

Haha, don't be surprised that people chose Islam, which is egalitarian in nature over Hinduism which forced weedy and dark subcontinentals to accept fair-skinned Aryan Brahmins (who obviously came from a foreign land) as their superiors.
First, that theory of Aryans moving in is debunked.

Secondly Islam is not a religion. It is a military ideology.

Thing is, you guys can talk the talk. But you definitely can't walk the walk.
Are you sure about it? You mean the Peshwar and TTP and air base attacks had nothing to do with us?

Back
Top Bottom