What's new

Is Pakistan on its way to becoming the first country to defeat a large scale Islamist insurgency?

you got it all wrong bhai jaan

it is not war a la $upid Islamists and the likes of Zaid hamid.

I am talking about logistics, food fuel etc. Pakistan with 200 million population and huge amounts of food production is already feeding 70-80% population (minimum) of Afghanistan.

And no one can replace this role.

Der is a reason when we are investing so much in Afghanistan Upgrading our International Air Base near Afghan and Ex USSR border . The thing is all the strategic development and hold India is having/getting in Afghanistan is Strongly underestimated . Afghanistan is a Land lock nations and once Irani-Indian-Afghan route is establish we will make sure that hit on Pakistan Strategic Hold in Afghanistan is done with full power . Even US agree to that .

India wants to deny Pakistan strategic depth in Afghanistan: US report - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Der is a reason when we are investing so much in Afghanistan Upgrading our International Air Base near Afghan and Ex USSR border . The thing is all the strategic development and hold India is having/getting in Afghanistan is Strongly underestimated . Afghanistan is a Land lock nations and once Irani-Indian-Afghan route is establish we will make sure that hit on Pakistan Strategic Hold in Afghanistan is done with full power . Even US agree to that .

India wants to deny Pakistan strategic depth in Afghanistan: US report - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Off course.
But this will only further destabilize Afghanistan.

Bharatis have not learned a lesson during the last 70 years.

None at all.

$tupid person continues to cut the same branch on which he sits.

A I said .. More steps need to be taken !

But atleast some steps are being taken my the civilian govt in that regard .. Meanwhile the military is also taking steps like construction of schools,cadet colleges,basic health facilities,road and other constructions in areas that have been cleared from militants... (You can view threads by Xeric or google yourself)... But it will be a long battle !

Living in third world is itself a long battle plus as long as Pakistan has issues with India, unsettled, there wont be perfect peace even if we become a developed country. So there're three ingredients for a perfect peace 1)socio-economic development 2) Issues settlement with India and 3) stop the kharjis from accomplishing their agenda. Point of focus is the 3rd one, do we've defeated the kharjis? Answer is YES, their dream to take over the country is demolished. Most of them are exterminated, few of them have survived and are on the run, and like their forefathers the original Kharjis have met the same fate.

Regarding who is the first one to defeat religious insurgency, in my opinion its Hazrat Ali AS who defeated such elements successfully.

Is there such a thing as "Islamist insurgency"? Subjugated Muslims struggling to free themselves as in J&K, could be called Muslim warriors waging Jihad to oust an occupation force. But in Pakistan frustrated/derailed elements from the Afghan wars pitting themselves against the administration of an Islamic nation can hardly be called Islamic insurgents. The Soviet involvement, the American conspiracies and military deployment, Indian RAW's complicity, interest of Iran and the multiple fractions in the Afghan and Pashtun (including FATA) societies have given birth to what has occurred. Happily the insurgency is fast petering out for Pakistan authorities to consolidate the writ of the govt and move into socio cultural and economic issues.

Top of their demands was implementation of sharia law, whatever version they had. And they did it in the areas they had under their control like Swat etc. Historian will write it as Islamic or religious insurgency, whatever background they had.

Second question is religion is easy tool to blackmail anyone.

Hi,

If you remember correctly---a few months ago---that before you went on a 'Hiatus'---that was the part of the discussion---that Pakistan needs to understand what is needed and required of it in the region.

Yemen was the place to show the world that Pakistan has much more capabilities of fighting this war than understood---.

The Saudis knew that---the emiratis knew that----only the Pakistanis were at a loss of direction.

They were afraid that India would attack---. How dare india attack under these circumstances when the world was seeking Pakistan's help---and secondly----measures could be taken to prevent that----a sqdrn of the Saudi F15's deployed at Jacobabad and a sqdrn of Emiratis Mirage 2k9's deployed at Karachi would have taken the air out of the balloon.

It was like a 100 billion dollar deal that Pakistan lay wasted----as @Indus Falcon stated----10 to 20 billion dollars up front and then 5 billion dollars a year.

The first step would have been to deploy at least 10-20 thousand troops with total support in place and leading to 30-40000 troops in 6 months----build a cantonment at Gwadar / Pasni----have a recruitment campaign started for another 100000 troops----a full fledged naval battle force comprising of 3500 tons to 10000 ton frigates----a naval strike air force---a submarine fleet and all the complimentary paraphernalia.

That was the moment for Pakistan to have evolved from a nobody to a somebody to recon with within months.

Sir the post is incomplete without discussing side effects of such deal. Not just from neighbouring countries, what reaction would've come from within.

I think we must not involve ourselves anywhere in the world except as UN force.

Sir the post is incomplete without discussing side effects of such deal. Not just from neighbouring countries, what reaction would've come from within.

I think we must not involve ourselves anywhere in the world except as UN force.

Hi,

That time is gone when you could live by yourself by not interfering.

Do you know how long it takes for the UN to take action---not even after a million people are executed---.

The fighting is mostly over.Those f*ckers are dead and rotting in hell.

Hi,

That time is gone when you could live by yourself by not interfering.

Do you know how long it takes for the UN to take action---not even after a million people are executed---.

Our interference in Srilanka for TTs was good as compared to other military alliances.

In any case i wouldn't allow any such involvement without prior approval of parliament.

Our interference in Srilanka for TTs was good as compared to other military alliances.

In any case i wouldn't allow any such involvement without prior approval of parliament.

Parliament----talk to them about land grabbing---stealing public funds----and other criminal activity----.

Parliament----talk to them about land grabbing---stealing public funds----and other criminal activity----.

I don't think there's other way to get funds for such projects without taking parliament into confidence in democratic system.

Previously major military alliance were made through military dictators and its burden was on tax payers directly.

I don't think there's other way to get funds for such projects without taking parliament into confidence in democratic system.

Previously major military alliance were made through military dictators and its burden was on tax payers directly.

Pappy---when you wake up from your dream---let me know.

hmm.. India has its fair share. India has record of effectively putting a lid on insurgency of North East, Kashmir and the Naxalites.

I feel this is to make us feel better. The militants are not defeated unless attacks are totally stopped. No more attacks, no more target killings, protection of our people... I see things very cynically here. All attacks should stop before we can declare victory. A small diminishing of attacks is not a signal of victory against terrorism. I will celebrate when all TTP and LEJ leaders are dead and we don't have politicians hanging out with Ludhianvi with garland of roses.

Pappy---when you wake up from your dream---let me know.

Sir you idealize US very much. They don't start a project without passing a kill bill from congress. I can't leave my country on adventurism of few individuals.

Back
Top Bottom