What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

Indeed! Have you ever listened to Wadali brothers?

Yes they are pretty good but parveen is divine.
Among wadali brothers......the muchad is the better one.

Please lock this thread or better delete it. There is no comparision between Nusrat and play back singer yet OP is asking like Lata is supposed to be better? Give me a break.

Thanks for ur great analysis natta

Yes they are pretty good but parveen is divine.
Among wadali brothers......the muchad is the better one.

Thanks for ur great analysis natta

Muchad perhaps used to be a wrestler I reckon. What makes you think that Abida is divine, is it because of her voice quality or because of the kind of poetry she sings?

YES!

But what about? o_O

There is one more man who can't be copied, his lower notes were unexampled.

Muchad perhaps used to be a wrestler I reckon. What makes you think that Abida is divine, is it because of her voice quality or because of the kind of poetry she sings?

There is one more man who can't be copied, his lower notes were unexampled.

This is an epic performance..................damn too good

And yes muchad was indeed a wrestler at one point of time:enjoy:

No Idea who that could be. Any clue?

I am of the firm belief that in the whole subcontinent only nusrat and jagjit had the power and charisma to deliver a live performance

No one comes even close to these two in live stage performance.
And jagjit almost single handedly popularized the mirza ghalib to masses,,,that album is the epitome of ghazal singing:coffee:

Anyone heard his punjabi album on shiv kumar batalvi??

Straightaway, Mehdi Hassan.

Yes mehndi hasan was awesome in technique but then his compositions were way too complex plus he was not a good composer

This is an epic performance..................damn too good

And yes muchad was indeed a wrestler at one point of time:enjoy:

No offence but singers better than Abida do exist...

Wonder ever heard of Fareed Ayaz and his bro?

No offence but singers better than Abida do exist...

Wonder ever heard of Fareed Ayaz and his bro?

As i said she is a very very distant second to nusrat...............maybe someone is better than her,,i honestly am clueless here

I am of the firm belief that in the whole subcontinent only nusrat and jagjit had the power and charisma to deliver a live performance

And jagjit almost single handedly popularized the mirza ghalib to masses,,,that album is the epitome of ghazal singing:coffee:

Yes mehndi hasan was awesome in technique but then his compositions were way too complex plus he was not a good composer

I don't know what makes you think that way... He would use pure Ragas for his compositions.

As i said she is a very very distant second to nusrat...............maybe someone is better than her,,i honestly am clueless here

She's a good singer, not saying she's bad.... She lacks power which indeed is essence of Sufi singing.

I don't know what makes you think that way... He would use pure Ragas for his compositions.

Composition is more than ragas man.................and jagjit was just blessed with a sad voice optimum for ghazals.
I mean there is nothing beating his ghalib compositions ever

She's a good singer, not saying she's bad.... She lacks power which indeed is essence of Sufi singing.

I think she did an awesome job in that song.
What about sain zahoor??

u like the fellow?

Yes I have.I like 'Eh mera geet kisey nai gaana'.

Yes I have.I like 'Eh mera geet kisey nai gaana'.

Yes,my friend..............thats by shiv kumar batalvi,the best punjabi poet of modern times.
That guy was fucking brilliant

Yes,my friend..............thats by shiv kumar batalvi,the best punjabi poet of modern times.
That guy was fucking brilliant

Great men seldom live longer.Batalvi,NFAK,Guru Dutt, Sanjiv Kumar..the list is endless.

Back
Top Bottom