What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

I think she did an awesome job in that song.
What about sain zahoor??

u like the fellow?

Sain Zahoor is perhaps the best around now. He is my personal favourite as of now.

Watch this performance, of a legendary song.

Great men seldom live longer.Batalvi,NFAK,Guru Dutt, Sanjiv Kumar..the list is endless.

Batalvi dies in his 30's man
just listen to this fellow...............genius

Composition is more than ragas man.................and jagjit was just blessed with a sad voice optimum for ghazals.
I mean there is nothing beating his ghalib compositions ever

Alright, perhaps you think composition which enchants one's ears is one a real composition, no matter how it walks, ascends and descends. Jagit was a genius, he had an awesome voice, there's no doubt it. What all I am pointing out here is touching notes, not the fineness of the throat.

Sain Zahoor is perhaps the best around now. He is my personal favourite as of now.

Watch this performance, of a legendary song.

And we have our own copy too:lol::lol:

Alright, perhaps you think composition which enchants one's ears is one a real composition, no matter how it walks, ascends and descends. Jagit was a genius, he had an awesome voice, there's no doubt it. What all I am pointing out here is touching notes, not the fineness of the throat.

Yes there is little doubt that hassan was technically the superior one,,,,,,no one can dispute that

Sain Zahoor's voice is truly rustic.That's the voice of a man from the roots.Amazing Amazing...Just Can't get over such Pakistani singers..They are goddamn good!

And we have our own copy too:lol::lol:

Yes there is little doubt that hassan was technically the superior one,,,,,,no one can dispute that

That's my point, technically he was better than other comparable ones.

Where is Jahangir Hassan these days?His 'Hawaa Hawaa' was a part of our childhood! :-)

This is the best we got on our side of border

Not sufi by any means but atleast he is good

हाँ भाई,मान साब कमाल हैं।

Sain Zahoor's voice is truly rustic.That's the voice of a man from the roots.Amazing Amazing...Just Can't get over such Pakistani singers..They are goddamn good!

Thank you my friend. I'm glad folks like yourself love such music, and it truly unites the people of South Asia. Your point is especially prudent, with regarding how Pakistan can heal itself.

Thank you my friend. I'm glad folks like yourself love such music, and it truly unites the people of South Asia. Your point is especially prudent, with regarding how Pakistan can heal itself.

Pakistan needs to ammend the textbooks first in my opinion.
Once a child's mind is moulded,,,u can never detoxify that

Pakistan needs to ammend the textbooks first in my opinion.
Once a child's mind is moulded,,,u can never detoxify that

Absolutely.That Zia did a hell lot of damage.Hassan Nisar and Nadeem F Paracha are some of the saner voice but such people are very rare in Pakistan.

This is the best we got on our side of border

Not sufi by any means but atleast he is good

Very nice and it is a nice rendition.

Here is a nice version from Hina Nasruallah.

@he-man, probably you have never heard pandit Bhimsen Joshi or pandit Jasraj, performing live on stage, whom even Jagjit Singh respected. you are belittling Indian performers by saying they are no match. Please listen to even Kailsh Kher live let aside masters like Pandit Joshi or Pandit Jasraj to know about Hindustani Classical singing. Nobody knew of NFAK beyond Pakistani Punjab till his qwwalis started to be remixed into pop songs. What you are posting here is your personal opinions only, that doesnt make them a matter of fact. Indians are not very well known for sufi singing but they are no less when it comes to Hindustani classical singing.

Back
Top Bottom