What's new

Is Modi affecting Foreign policy of India ?

Is Modiji interfering in Foreign Policy ?

• No, still Foreign policy is run by the bureaucrats

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes, but should leave the job to bureaucrats

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Yes, he should go with it.

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters
My take always has been to stay away from US when it comes to frontline defence articles like, combat jets, Radar systems, C4I, and comms. Areas where India can immensely benefit from is in infrastructure projects, Consumer goods, Energy, transport logistics and mutual defence projects such as Infantry Combat systems -small arms protective gear, Transport platforms, engines and hydraulic powerpacks, Specialized Machine tools etc.

US can open up a large market for India, to offset it's current requirements that are being met in China, in return if India has to provide limited co-op with US, it won't be a bad deal. With China next door arming Pakistan to the teeth, it is imperative that India maintains a good balance with major powers around the word to meet it's defensive requirements and protection of it's strategic interests. ,

After scorpene leaks, I am very very suspicious about Russian weapons. I think they can share the specifications with Chinese for money.

We have hardly seen such shift in foreign policy in India, in the recently held G20 summit, many observed the way Modiji was running after Obama. All the state sponsored & pro-BJP/NDA media called it Modi-Obama friendship, but some unbiased media are very skeptical about the way NDA led by Modi is forming this new foreign policy.

I wanted to open this discussion in "seniors cafe", but I m still young here :cry::cry:. Lets make it healthy thread, and no blind bhakt or lefty dude required here.

In the last 2 years, Indian foreign policy has taken a tectonic shift. The change is astounding, for once..the brand India , is making noise..well its for good or bad..only time can tell..
But , lets not forget..what India is aspiring to be? what its goals are?
So, in this context the ongoing Modiwave is creating ripple in india and abroad.. As some members said, it might come back to haunt us...but dats for the unseen future..which is unpredictable & myriad of situations..so why bother.what matters are are we taking concrete steps to better our situation today or not? in that context, yes we are doing so...or to be specific Modi is doing so..he is driving me nuts (UPSC aspirant) with its evolving and fast changing foriegn and economic policies...common its a quantum leap from what we used to see...Non alignment..non interference...blah blah..
Its better this way to be vocal & make noise...let know the world dat a India exist dats aspiring to roost at the top...We are doing so..What i want from Modi , is a diff. thing i want him to be more involving in regional constructive politics too..rather than pushing our Neighbors to a corner (eg. Nepal)..lets take them together with us(in this i want all our neighbors...
Sabka Sath , Sabka Vikas. :)).. His few policies or programs dat i wd like to highlight here..which might not be of consequence now..but we will reap benefit in future for sure are Skill India, Make in India..etc
These policies are for strengthening our future our economy.. this will decide our future..& of course the fate of Modi..whether he is remembered as a pragmatic leader or a person who had d power but couldn't do anything..till then lets work together for a better India ...

In the last 2 years, Indian foreign policy has taken a tectonic shift. The change is astounding, for once..the brand India , is making noise..well its for good or bad..only time can tell..
But , lets not forget..what India is aspiring to be? what its goals are?
So, in this context the ongoing Modiwave is creating ripple in india and abroad.. As some members said, it might come back to haunt us...but dats for the unseen future..which is unpredictable & myriad of situations..so why bother.what matters are are we taking concrete steps to better our situation today or not? in that context, yes we are doing so...or to be specific Modi is doing so..he is driving me nuts (UPSC aspirant) with its evolving and fast changing foriegn and economic policies...common its a quantum leap from what we used to see...Non alignment..non interference...blah blah..
Its better this way to be vocal & make noise...let know the world dat a India exist dats aspiring to roost at the top...We are doing so..What i want from Modi , is a diff. thing i want him to be more involving in regional constructive politics too..rather than pushing our Neighbors to a corner (eg. Nepal)..lets take them together with us(in this i want all our neighbors...
Sabka Sath , Sabka Vikas. :)).. His few policies or programs dat i wd like to highlight here..which might not be of consequence now..but we will reap benefit in future for sure are Skill India, Make in India..etc
These policies are for strengthening our future our economy.. this will decide our future..& of course the fate of Modi..whether he is remembered as a pragmatic leader or a person who had d power but couldn't do anything..till then lets work together for a better India ...

Modi cannot do anything on his own. he is marketing the sweat and blood of hundreds of millions of hard working Indians

Modi cannot do anything on his own. he is marketing the sweat and blood of hundreds of millions of hard working Indians
Thats why i said lets work together..didn't I:)numbers can be a a strength in itself..

I am not fanboy of modi , and not making predictions of bright future of India or any Schneider din . But some positive looks are:-
What ever will be the result , he is working hard not for him self, for his country and it's people.
I will give 100/100 for his effort.
He is honest , not making money for himself and trying to take honest people in power.
He is doing the best what he can do for his country.
And India getting results.

Well, Manmohan voluntarily saying we won't mess with baluchistan (in sharm-e-shaik conf) and Modi mentioning thair rightful struggle, for one..
i would stay out of baluchistan. pakistan is messed up because they got involved in afghanistan
it is not worth the short term gain

After scorpene leaks, I am very very suspicious about Russian weapons. I think they can share the specifications with Chinese for money.

I am not.

Well, Manmohan voluntarily saying we won't mess with baluchistan (in sharm-e-shaik conf) and Modi mentioning thair rightful struggle, for one..
Context of the post was about w.r.t Indo-US ties, not general outlook of India's pakistan specific policy.

I am not fanboy of modi , and not making predictions of bright future of India or any Schneider din . But some positive looks are:-
What ever will be the result , he is working hard not for him self, for his country and it's people.
I will give 100/100 for his effort.
He is honest , not making money for himself and trying to take honest people in power.
He is doing the best what he can do for his country.
And India getting results.

The biggest result is anti nationals are marked and have come out of their holes. They were the ones who have used their position for all kind of sabotage and subversion of the society in many ways.

i would stay out of baluchistan. pakistan is messed up because they got involved in afghanistan

They got messed not because they got involved in Afghanistan, but because Afghanistan shares boundary with KPK. Balochistan doesn't share any bounary with India.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results. Pakistan isn't messed up because of only their involvement in Af, but because they are rabidly anti-India. They just don't want to see India surviving, let alone prospering. They will let anyone use them in any way even if miniscule harm to India is remotely possible.
Baluchistan needs to be be a separate country. For their benefit and for our benefit. pak needs to understand that if they want to break india, we will want to break them or it needs to perish.

Context of the post was about w.r.t Indo-US ties, not general outlook of India's pakistan specific policy.

Well, he isn't changing our policy towards US just for the sake of it. I am not sure what was UPA's policy towards US was, or whether it even had one...

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results. Pakistan isn't messed up because of only their involvement in Af, but because they are rabidly anti-India. They just don't want to see India surviving, let alone prospering. They will let anyone use them in any way even if miniscule harm to India is remotely possible.
Baluchistan needs to be be a separate country. For their benefit and for our benefit. pak needs to understand that if they want to break india, we will want to break them or it needs to perish.

Nice in theory ...

Extremely stupid question.

He is the Prime Minister, he sets the ball rolling on the foreign policy of India.

What Hindutva mentality you are talking about? Partition is done and is a reality. No one really want it to be reversed. No way. Most of the population in India was not even born when partition happened. And see no insult. We are happy with whatever landmass and people we have. Please stop asking for more, that's it!
No one is asking for more. I just don't get why poor guy Gandhi had to be killed for such small reasons.
A nation of 1.25 Billion can never sit ideal and let some smaller country destroy them. I know this for a fact that TTP and others are supported by India all thanks to your policy. I don't see that changing in near future, unless there is some action.
Our policy? as i said blame game will continue, it was you who started this game not us.
Sri Lanka
Just Srilanka? :p:
You can blame, cry or whatever that doesn't change the facts.
I am not blaming the general masses of India, they have long forgotten partition and the pain of partition has been forgotten on the both sides. It's people like Modi i don't understand, why so hell-bent on destroying Pakistan? Off-topic but quoted to clear a point, i don't blame India as a nation and never will.

Edit: this is what i am talking about, brilliant mentality.
https://defence.pk/threads/digital-india-shares-poem-promoting-killing-of-kashmiris-by-army.448645/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom