What's new

Is Lockheed dumping F-16s on India?

Poor African countries will keep F-16 alive for another 50 years. So I would say it's a good deal for them. It guarantees development of an industrial base and 50 years of cash flows.

TAI has already upgraded PAF's A/B Falcons bringing them up to par with Block-52s.
Here's one of the PAF's dual seater being put through it's paces after an upgrade.

PAF-351883985.jpg
Lol they nothing compared to what OEM has to offer

F-16 is LM product and they IPR Rights and source codes on certain things and No one know this machine better than LM

Yet another ID.
Upgrading older system is one thing, inducting it is another matter.
Between all this wonder what happens to Tejas.

It's a bad deal. Establishing a production line for something already, and soon to be, obsolete? Your kidding me.

Tata will not be able to design a replacement radar.
how do you know that a Dspu like DRDO designed developed GAAN AESA which dependent on Govt for funds they have zero freedom in terms Mechanisms and Work

Unlike TATA is big league Corporate players they can easily get tech from DRDO and Use Higher efficient Infrastructure and R&D
with there funds and Produce better versions than DRDO ever can Due Free work culture And Skilled Work force Miles ahead Any PSU has in india

It's a bad deal. Establishing a production line for something already, and soon to be, obsolete? Your kidding me.
Lol An enhanced F-16 is much better platform than any Jf-17 and J-10,J-11 etc

Technically you have zero Data to back you claim I can see the hurt burn there

how do you know that a Dspu like DRDO destined developed GAAN AESA which govt dependent for funds they have zero freedom in terms Mechanisms

Unlike TATA is big league Corporate players they can easily get tech from DRDO and Use Higher efficient Infrastructure and R&D
with there funds and Produce better versions than DRDO ever can Due Free work culture

Lol An enhanced F-16 is much better platform than any Jf-17 and J-10

Technically you have zero Data to back you claim I can see the hurt burn there

Tata may be able to design a Radar, but not neccessarily one which will work flawlessly
in an F-16 due to variety of reasons, which could be proprietary S/W protocols.

Lol they nothing compared to what OEM has to offer

F-16 is LM product and they IPR Rights and source codes on certain things and No one know this machine better than LM
I understand why you have 28 negative ratings.
Check the list of F-16 suppliers and you also understand why LM lacks IPR rights
to a large part of the F-16.

Seems you have been given another dose of the Kargil (Non) lock on episode. LoL.
Except no award for the Indian pilot this time. :lol:
Well let me remind you it's not the PAF which goes on national TV to boost about what's ridiculed as cricket score.
The fact that PAF is sending JF-17 to CAP over LOC instead of F-16s and a certain W/C played loud and sustained tone in a MKI pilots headphone should make interesting reading....some day....if ever PAF decides to disclose....which is highly unlikely.

You see ...you are not even in location ... it is akin to the claim of flying over Siachen by your COAS when nearest PA post is west of Bila Fond La on it's northern edge behind a rocky outcrop due North of old PA Quaid post now IA Bana Post

Need I give you more specific location? Neither your fellow countrymen who are pros nor I would like to reach a level where we start marking each other's posts and locations specifically on map, so I am sure my description above ... vague as it is, is sufficient for you to understand that I know what I am typing.

Also ... you would be real hard pressed to find MKI there (along LC) and your Kargil quip here proves the hot "wind" just left by you .... otherwise you would have sourced it. Or even put up a photoshopped image :)

Facts are good things to stick to, keeps one credible; you can keep calling atom bigger than a molecule, but it does not make it a credible claim.

Similarly, don't make a claim which you can not even make a base for, because you have no idea of the platforms that are flying there. The moment you said MKI in LC, you lost credibility ... your bravado as above is just a waft of stale hot air.

Cheers.

PS: you do post good posts at times, and it is a pleasure to read them, but when, in your zest to prove Pakistani Supremacy (and I seriously appreciate your enthusiasm and devotion for that) you start posting crap (quite a number of times) then once in a while I do come and hover on your post.

Tata may be able to design a Radar, but not neccessarily one which will work flawlessly
in an F-16 due to variety of reasons, which could be proprietary S/W protocols.
Japanese & Israelis doing this why not India

I understand why you have 28 negative ratings.
Check the list of F-16 suppliers and you also understand why LM lacks IPR rights
to a large part of the F-16.
Lol negative rating nothing to do With My arguments Lol its Pakistani forum And I am Indian any guess PDF is known Propaganda discussion then core Defense discussion these days

Lol Seriously Why Not TAI Setup there own production line in Pakistan or anywhere else If they are so sure they have IPR

Gripen is not wonder product It has It Down Fall Too

GE Engines are one of them Stop Making It look superior It is not. All you make Its Sale to Not so serious Militaristic countries

one like Sweden Itself Don't take it personal

Last edited:

True ... western nations have god given right over it, right? 100% failure free rate of equipment exists in Western Nations :D

Btw what is the equipment failure rate of Radars being used by your forces? 0?

Poor African countries will keep F-16 alive for another 50 years. So I would say it's a good deal for them. It guarantees development of an industrial base and 50 years of cash flows.
African countries have better things on their mind than buy these. May be north african countries - may be....
southern african countries tend to stick with European side or some opt for a mix of chinese craft. Too much money to spend on other important things e.g. drinking water, health and education given poverty levels in this world.

Japanese & Israelis doing this why not India

Lol negative rating nothing to do With My arguments Lol its Pakistani forum And I am Indian any guess PDF is known Propaganda discussion then core Defense discussion these days

Lol Seriously Why Not TAI Setup there own production line in Pakistan or anywhere else If they are so sure they have IPR

Gripen is not wonder product It has It Down Fall Too

GE Engines are one of them Stop Making It look superior It is not. All you make Its Sale to Not so serious Militaristic countries

one like Sweden Itself Don't take it personal

Israelis are producing a US radar, with components from the US.
That is not the same as beeing able to replace it.
Israelis know how to design a radar, so that is not the problem.
Still it is only an example, and you chose to ignore that, disregarding the problem facing Tata.
I would not be surprised if such failures in the thinking process does not result in
negative ratings. Plenty of Indians without your rating here.
Your childish LOLing does not improve your dignity, btw.

The only reason GE engine would be a problem, is if the US wants to stop an India fighter
program. Selecting a fighter with more US content is a moronic solution to that problem.

The F-16 is at the end of the bathtub curve, and Gripen E is at the beginning,
and will reach the perfect point just about when India will start the production.

Even Lockheed Martin F-16 pilots consider Gripen E superior to the F-16,
so what You think, I could care less. Now on ignore... to not waste time,

True ... western nations have god given right over it, right? 100% failure free rate of equipment exists in Western Nations :D

Btw what is the equipment failure rate of Radars being used by your forces? 0?
SAAB would have a similar problem to design a radar for an F-16.
It is about having the correct information.
If information is available you can use it for a redesign.
The problem is that not everything is documented.

Given the dire need for new aircraft in our inventory, this is not a bad deal at all. Imagine an enemy that has to face Mirages, Mig-29, F-16, SU30 MKI, Rafale and 5th Gen aircraft. This is one part of the deal and then comes the firing power and number of AESA radars. This deal is good only if the timelines are reasonably met.

Lets face it.. Tejas is our baby, made great strides recently but still slow to fill the huge gap. It will continue along with it's eco system to serve both in the air force and as a platform for the future.

We would have all loved to have home grown fighters in our inventory but when you have war mongering nations surrounding you, we need to act fast.

[QUOTE="Lol An enhanced F-16 is much better platform than any Jf-17 and J-10,J-11 etc

Technically you have zero Data to back you claim I can see the hurt burn there[/QUOTE]

I'm not into flame wars, just giving my opinion. If the F-16 can be profitably advanced, why aren't the Americans doing it? It's at the end of the curve, the aircraft you mentioned are at the beginning.

With the money the Indian government has available, they can do a lot better.

Israelis know how to design a radar, so that is not the problem.
Still it is only an example, and you chose to ignore that, disregarding the problem facing Tata.
I would not be surprised if such failures in the thinking process does not result in
negative ratings. Plenty of Indians without your rating here.
Your childish LOLing does not improve your dignity, btw.
India Also know how to design radar hope you know that We designed are own AESA And AWACS And GAAN AESA

Just Like are own Satellite launching vehicle
The F-16 is at the end of the bathtub curve, and Gripen E is at the beginning,
and will reach the perfect point just about when India will start the production.
Please Specify Gripen E is beginning Its just 4 generation Design Same Absoluteness as F-16

Just old JAS-39 On Steroids More blunt for you its 29 year old Design aswell

No Serious World air power consider It option that's Why It Put behind in MMRCA
I'm not into flame wars, just giving my opinion. If the F-16 can be profitably advanced, why aren't the Americans doing it? It's at the end of the curve, the aircraft you mentioned are at the beginning.

With the money the Indian government has available, they can do a lot better.
they doint With FGFA & AMCA And Rafale RFP

Last edited:
I would say it would be better if IAF get some Deal with F-35 , with a custom made F-35 II lightning IAF can be the first to pitch a 5th Gen Fighter in Indo-Pak race .. when you have Tejas MK1/2 already in pipeline you have no reason to buy F-16's .. and getting them at timeline of 2025 will be when Europeans will be retiring them, PAF will also be retiring older blocks after 2025 too .. so the benefit wont be that huge as some Members here Pretend ..
and i agree with @A.P. Richelieu
@MilSpec @Nilgiri @Czar786 @SpArK whats your take on this deal ?

I have no real comment till I see more details on it.

F-16 V looks a potent system and if it has export potential, then that makes this deal even more likely.

If India choose F16, all of Pak 76 F16 are grounded for better.
:butcher: I wonder why we did not ground our Mirage-3 and 5 when India inducted even more modern Mirage-2000 ...grow up please....I was reading with full concentration and your comment doused it...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom