What's new

Is LCA Programme finally dead?

BS again. IAF has been repeatedly warning about declining squadron numbers for last 2 decades. They have repeatedly said they need new planes. "Not in a hurry" is your sorry excuse for LCA failing

You don't understand the requirements, actually.

Yes, squadron are declining but we need 44 for two front war. We are still having more squadrons to deal with PAF when come to one to one war.

It does meant that we need to induct any fighter. There was no immediate threat and even now, We have sufficient number of aircrafts.

Unlike PAF, our requirement is just different as I said. Our airforce doctrine is not only based on PAF but based on China and PAF. So we need min 44 squadrons for two front war.

However, it does not mean that we are going to induct a under developed aircraft just PAF did with Jf 17 block 1. I am not saying that PAF done anything wrong. They done as per their requirement's which suit to them.

But it does not mean that it will also suit to IAF. We have much bigger challenges because we are also getting threat from EAST and they are having much better aircrafts. Filling the gap is fine but IAF is looking to fill with the quality not quantity.

Yes, squadron are declining but we need 44 for two front war. We are still having more squadrons to deal with PAF when come to one to one war.

It does meant that we need to induct any fighter. There was no immediate threat and even now, We have sufficient number of aircrafts.

Unlike PAF, our requirement is just different as I said. Our airforce doctrine is not only based on PAF but based on China and PAF. So we need min 44 squadrons for two front war.

However, it does not mean that we are going to induct a under developed aircraft just PAF did with Jf 17 block 1. I am not saying that PAF done anything wrong. They done as per their requirement's which suit to them.

But it does not mean that it will also suit to IAF. We have much bigger challenges because we are also getting treat from EAST and they are having much better aircrafts. Filling the gap is fine but IAF is looking to fill with the quality not quantity.

You are now going back in circles, first you say "IAF is in no hurry" now you say they quickly need 44 squadrons. Irrespective of who they are fight they are massivley understregth

Make up your mind,

You are now going back in circles, first you say "IAF is in no hurry" now you say they quickly need 44 squadrons. Irrespective of who they are fight they are massivley understregth

Make up your mind,

I did not say, quickly! I said, we need min 44 squadrons for two front war but need to fill with quality not quantity.

We can take much time even now also. As I am aware, Indian government is not in hurray mode. They want to just focus on HAL Teja Mk1a and Rafale (36 - new order) as of now.

Then, HAL Tejas Mk2 and AMCA. We have waited a long and can wait for 2-3 years.

If HAL Tejas Mk1a and HAl Tejas Mk2 goes well accordingly to the plan then we don't need to import any fighter.

It is good for India and Indian!

But it does not mean that it will also suit to IAF. We have much bigger challenges because we are also getting threat from EAST and they are having much better aircrafts. Filling the gap is fine but IAF is looking to fill with the quality not quantity.
Mr neighbor, this is illogical because if according to your theory, we would have still stuck on the J10 project and never actually inducted it in big numbers as it will never be up to the latest standard compared with our main rival US air force.

I did not say, quickly! I said, we need min 44 squadrons for two front war but need to fill with quality not quantity.

We can take much time even now also. As I am aware, Indian government is not in hurray mode. They want to just focus on HAL Teja Mk1a and Rafale (36 - new order) as of now.

Then, HAL Tejas Mk2 and AMCA. We have waited a long and can wait for 2-3 years.

If HAL Tejas Mk1a and HAl Tejas Mk2 goes well accordingly to the plan then we don't need to import any fighter.

It is good for India and Indian!

Your quote

" We can take much time even now also "

IAF ACM quote in below. IAF is even ordering second hand MIG-29 fighters from Russia so please do not feed us rubbish that you need "quality not quantity"......

Your quote

" We can take much time even now also "

IAF ACM quote in below. IAF is even ordering second hand MIG-29 fighters from Russia so please do not feed us rubbish that you need "quality not quantity"......

Yaar again! mig 29 UPG is a decent fighter, Sir...... Again. we are getting in a cheap price.

As I said, project is delayed but does not meant that IAF will induct HAL tejas MK1 as similar aircraft as JF 17 block 2, now. If ten years before it was developed then might we have inducted but no need at the present.

Otherwise, India has already placed an order for HAL Tejas Mk1(FOC) for around 100 or more for filling the gaps.

But, IAF is not ready to compromise after looking bigger threat from EAST with better aircrafts. So, better to wait for much better aircraft for Interceptor role - HAL Tejas Mk1a.

Yaar again! mig 29 UPG is a decent fighter, Sir...... Again. we are getting in a cheap price.

As I said, project is delayed but does not meant that IAF will induct HAL tejas MK1 as similar aircraft as JF 17 block 2, now. If ten years before it was developed then might we have inducted but no need at the present.

Otherwise, India has already placed an order for HAL Tejas Mk1(FOC) for around 100 or more for filling the gaps.

But, IAF is not ready to compromise after looking bigger threat from EAST with better aircrafts. So, better to wait for much better aircraft for Interceptor role - HAL Tejas Mk1a.

You contradict yourself several times in all your posts, you have lied so much you are now making arguments against yourself in the vain hope this if you write so much people will get confused.

You claimed IAF "did not need to hurry", while IAF Chiefs have stated they do

You claim IAF is going after "quality not quantity" but ok to buy 30 year old MIG-29 as "cheap".

IAF HAS NOT PLACED ORDER FOR M1KA. It has not been signed.

Just give up on the BS, every time you post know you tell more lies that contradict your previous lies.

Mr neighbor, this is illogical because if according to your theory, we would have still stuck on the J10 project and never actually inducted it in big numbers as it will never be up to the latest standard compared with our main rival US air force.

Sorry! again it is all about requrements.

J 10 fighter is a decent enough to deal with any Fighter available in Asia including US (Not F22/f35).

Financially. it would not be flexible to produce a mass number of latest fighter aircrafts (5th and 6th). So, china is doing the right thing to induct 4th gen (J10) fighter. Even US is having in a large number of 4th Gen fighter aircraft.

Now, I was talking about India! We need a decent fighter for interceptor role after looking threat from EAST and WEST.

Since, you are having much better aircrafts. it will be foolish plan to have HAL Tejas MK1. It will be better to have HAL Tejas Mk1a with ASEA and AA missile 160 KM (Range).

We need to look at future but not past. HAL tejas MK1 and JF 17 block 2 will be outdated soon once HAL MK1a and Jf17 block 3 will be available.

Just is now, J 10 is much better and superior aircraft compare to HAL tejas Mk1 and JF 17 block 2.

Tell me - why should india go with HAL tejas Mk1 then?
You contradict yourself several times in all your posts, you have lied so much you are now making arguments against yourself in the vain hope this if you write so much people will get confused.

You claimed IAF "did not need to hurry", while IAF Chiefs have stated they do

You claim IAF is going after "quality not quantity" but ok to buy 30 year old MIG-29 as "cheap".

IAF HAS NOT PLACED ORDER FOR M1KA. It has not been signed.

Just give up on the BS, every time you post know you tell more lies that contradict your previous lies.

Yaar - you dont understand! really, if it was true then just like PAK inducted under developed JF 17 block1 ... The same way, India was inducted HAL tejas a long back.... around 2015.

MIg 29 UPG/SMT is a decent fighter if you ask to any expert.

Last edited:
We don't need to buy any another fighter aircraft from any other country.

best available options:

IAF
Rafale - 36 + 36 (Should go for it) = 72
HAL Tejas Mk1a - around 83 + 40 HAL Tejas Mk1 (Upgraded to the same level)
HAL Tejas Mk2 - Around 100

AMCA or 5 gen fighter- Only need to purchase a 5th Generation fighter if we can not able to make.

+++
Su 30 MKi - Need to upgrade with ASEA, AA missile 150 - 300 KM (Range).

Indian navy
F 18 or Rafale M or F 35 (if available)

It will be enough to deal with any threat...

I disagree india needs to diversify its aircraft by buying all types of aircraft like f-18 griphen more Rafaels and maybe look at the tarnado in numbers to replace the Jaguars . Your flawed thinking is a result of inferior military ideology. India now will Abandon the tejas like it did with the HAF-22

India needs to start the program for the medium attack fighter now with 10 cup holders to hold cups of tea and a video screen to practice dance moves for the pilot all else is optional!

k

Last edited:
I disagree india needs to diversify its aircraft by buying all types of aircraft like f-18 griphen more Rafaels and maybe look at the tarnado in numbers to replace the Jaguars . Your flawed thinking is a result of inferior military ideology. India now will Abandon the tejas like it did with the HAF-22

India needs to start the program for the medium attack fighter now with 10 cup holders to hold cups of tea and a video screen to practice dance moves for the pilot all else is optional!

India is needed more then 400 fighter aircrafts if you asked in the coming years! (42 squadron)

However, I am talking more practically because IAF will not gonna to buy fighter planes for IAF but could purchase for only Indian navy for aircraft career.

But I am aware that indian goverment is quite happy with Rafale, Su 30 mki and Mirage 2000. They dont see any war with China which is bigger threat for India.

For PAF (one to one war), India is having sufficient number of aircrafts.

So plan is very Simple:
Go with:
HAL Tejas MK1a
Rafale - going to order 36 (not confirmed yet officially but still in discussion)
Su 30 Mki - up-gradation with ASEA and AA missiles with range over 150 KM.

Then, HAL Tejas Mk2 and AMCA or any other 5th Gen fighter.

Still we need more fighter to fill the gaps for 42 squadrons but it is not going to happen actually (MMRCA 2). If HAL Tejas Mk2 will be available on time then tender will gonna to scrap only.

I have not included Mig 29 UPG and Mirage 2000 (Upgraded) - decent fighters

India is needed more then 400 fighter aircrafts if you asked in the coming years! (42 squadron)

However, I am talking more practically because IAF will not gonna to buy fighter planes for IAF but could purchase for only Indian navy for aircraft career.

But I am aware that indian goverment is quite happy with Rafale, Su 30 mki and Mirage 2000. They dont see any war with China which is bigger threat for India.

For PAF (one to one war), India is having sufficient number of aircrafts.

So plan is very Simple:
Go with:
HAL Tejas MK1a
Rafale - going to order 36 (not confirmed yet officially but still in discussion)
Su 30 Mki - up-gradation with ASEA and AA missiles with range over 150 KM.

Then, HAL Tejas Mk2 and AMCA or any other 5th Gen fighter.

Still we need more fighter to fill the gaps for 42 squadrons but it is not going to happen actually (MMRCA 2). If HAL Tejas Mk2 will be available on time then tender will gonna to scrap only.

I have not included Mig 29 UPG and Mirage 2000 (Upgraded) - decent fighters

Disagree, india needs and must buy another 35 Rafael’s + 45-75 f-18s and another 80 griphens maybe even 80 euro fighters. They should immediately start work on the medium combat aircraft

the French, American and Canadian economies need a 50 billion $ infusion and India should provide this immediately

they also need the su-30 mki
Mig-29s
Jaguars hopefully replaced with tornados
And last but not least more mirage 2000

the Russians also deserve more Indian money 10 billion for their economy

second hand Canadian cf-18s can be bought at a good price.

10 -20billion for Canada

k

Disagree, india needs and must buy another 35 Rafael’s + 45-75 f-18s and another 80 griphens maybe even 80 euro fighters. They should immediately start work on the medium combat aircraft

the French, American and Canadian economies need a 50 billion $ infusion and India should provide this immediately

they also need the su-30 mki
Mig-29s
Jaguars hopefully replaced with tornados
And last but not least more mirage 2000

the Russians also deserve more Indian money 10 billion for their economy

second hand Canadian cf-18s can be bought at a good price.

10 -20billion for Canada

k

Nope!!!

India will going with Indian made fighter planes only. Maximum 36 more Rafale and will buy for IN (F 18 or Rafale M).

And maximum for next 5th 0r 6th Gen fighter plane but still with TOT.

As I said, problematic for india is two front war which need at least 42 squadrons. not for, one to one war......

Sorry! again it is all about requrements.

J 10 fighter is a decent enough to deal with any Fighter available in Asia including US (Not F22/f35).

Financially. it would not be flexible to produce a mass number of latest fighter aircrafts (5th and 6th). So, china is doing the right thing to induct 4th gen (J10) fighter. Even US is having in a large number of 4th Gen fighter aircraft.

Now, I was talking about India! We need a decent fighter for interceptor role after looking threat from EAST and WEST.

Since, you are having much better aircrafts. it will be foolish plan to have HAL Tejas MK1. It will be better to have HAL Tejas Mk1a with ASEA and AA missile 160 KM (Range).

We need to look at future but not past. HAL tejas MK1 and JF 17 block 2 will be outdated soon once HAL MK1a and Jf17 block 3 will be available.

Just is now, J 10 is much better and superior aircraft compare to HAL tejas Mk1 and JF 17 block 2.

Tell me - why should india go with HAL tejas Mk1 then?

Yaar - you dont understand! really, if it was true then just like PAK inducted under developed JF 17 block1 ... The same way, India was inducted HAL tejas a long back.... around 2015.

MIg 29 UPG/SMT is a decent fighter if you ask to any expert.

Sure, no one understand, not even IAF chief, only you truley understand Indian defence.

Idiot.

Only 6 jets produced so far, contract for 83 MK1A still not signed (was supposed to be this year, now been waiting 3 years for contract signature). IAF waiting for it to die?

6 a year. Pityfull !
Nope!!!

India will going with Indian made fighter planes only. Maximum 36 more Rafale and will buy for IN (F 18 or Rafale M).

And maximum for next 5th 0r 6th Gen fighter plane but still with TOT.

As I said, problematic for india is two front war which need at least 42 squadrons. not for, one to one war......
Sure not.
Indian aerospace cluster is far too weak as for now. It's only a question of time, but time in India is spending slowly.
India will purchase at least another batch or Rafale for IAF. 36 to 54. Locally assembled and partially built in India.

6 a year. Pityfull !

Sure not.
Indian aerospace cluster is far too weak as for now. It's only a question of time, but time in India is spending slowly.
India will purchase at least another batch or Rafale for IAF. 36 to 54. Locally assembled and partially built in India.

I said the same.. IAF will go for 36 more Rafale at least.

HAL Tejas Mk1a (83) and Additional 36 Rafale with give sufficient time for HAL to develop "HAL Tejas Mk2". 4-5 years....

The same reason I don't see any other imported aircraft in Indian colour for IAF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom