What's new

Is Kashmir a lost case?

As long as territory doesn't change hands or more precisely both sides are allowed to keep the territories they hold in their fold..and as long as the Kashmir valley populace on the Indian side is happy with maximum fiscal federalism being provided to them- as in maximum autonomy under the Indian constitution. AND IF neither of the countries come back and a declare a darned victory. Then and only then, YES ITS POSSIBLE!

but what's not possible is this happening. and I am saying this for both india and pakistan.

It is , and it isnt..
it is as it is a lost cause for Pakistan..
it is however, not a lost cause for Kashmiris.. who will continue to seek greater autonomy..
but I see it being resolved through democratic process.

The solution is simple.. accept LoC.. build up trade within the region.. demilitarize it.. and make money.
Being part of a nation, I dont understand the need for greater autonomy. For all practical purposes, the foreign affairs, defense and to a major extent, the finances are controlled by the center. The Constitution of India provides for states to frame their own legislations etc. When needed, the center formulates policies, legislations which are in the interest of the entire nation. What purpose, then, does this greater autonomy solve - except give some phyrric victory to the nationalists!

Being part of a nation, I dont understand the need for greater autonomy. For all practical purposes, the foreign affairs, defense and to a major extent, the finances are controlled by the center. The Constitution of India provides for states to frame their own legislations etc. When needed, the center formulates policies, legislations which are in the interest of the entire nation. What purpose, then, does this greater autonomy solve - except give some phyrric victory to the nationalists!

That's the thing- defense and diplomacy will remain in India's hand anyway unless we be roasted by nukes. But Oscar's been pointing towards autonomy which I decode as being along the lines of the British-Irish fiscal autonomy module. Full fiscal autonomy for Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's the thing- defense and diplomacy will remain in India's hand anyway unless we be roasted by nukes. But Oscar's been pointing towards autonomy which I decode as being along the lines of the British-Irish fiscal autonomy module. Full fiscal autonomy for Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although this arrangement looks good on Paper but i seriously doubt if it will work on ground as well.

As it is, Kashmir enjoys special privileges under Article 370.

But if more Autonomy is granted, it is bound to start a chain reaction with other states demanding the same treatment.

As can be already seen, Mr. Nitish Kumar is demanding special treatment of Bihar on the lines of Kashmir & has said to support that party which will give special package to Bihar.

So, the only solution which will not impact the status-quo much is declaring LOC as IB.

They want-

1. Sharia law
2.Indian army out of Kashmir valley

They want-

1. Sharia law
2.Indian army out of Kashmir valley

Let's not Generalize. What Gilani wants is NOT what everyone in J&K wants. So, let's keep the Sharia debate aside.

Revoking the AFSPA and making Army accountable in a Civilian Area is not an outlandish demand either. The stress is on making Army accountable for arresting and beating a human is correct. Kashmir is not what it was in 1999-2003 era. There is no army in main towns and therefore, phase revocation of AFSPA is realistic and needed. We also have to shed this mindset that the day we take off APSPA, some nuclear bomb will explode. It is our internal territory, we can bring it back, if situation doesn't improve. But, not even trying to remove it is playing into the hands of hoodlums in Kashmir.

And there is no 'they', please! Kashmir se Kanyakumari tak, hindostaan ek hei!

Solution... As Oscar said, is only one... Stabilize LOC, open borders to allow trade and free movement, let people see world outside the valley and lasting peace will find its way in.

On Autonomy, may be I am too naive, but I am happy being just a normal Indian, like any other Indian. Therefore, the Xenophobian mindset Article 370 has to end someday, for me. What has to Autonomy given us except Mufti, Abdullah and their corruption...

And... am really happy to give my opinion on a thread on my state for a change...

and am glad, how people have become more stable in responding... luckily, @Armstrong, @arp2041 and @Talon made Naswaaristaan out of this thread on 1 page :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
@mastaan yelo dal diyea thanks aap ki katori mein....

Kisi thread ko to baksh do... Yeh serious waala thread hei... Chalo Naswaaristaan wapis... aapka lawaris bhai wahin kahin bhatak raha hoga....

Kisi thread ko to baksh do... Yeh serious waala thread hei... Chalo Naswaaristaan wapis... aapka lawaris bhai wahin kahin bhatak raha hoga....
@mastaan yea I can see people giving their opinion about a country without considering the people of that area!!

In such a case nothing differentiates you from the terrorists who are also terrorizing them with retarded ideas!

@mastaan yea I can see people giving their opinion about a country without considering the people of that area!!

In such a case nothing differentiates you from the terrorists who are also terrorizing them with retarded ideas!

Well, at least you can't blame me for that... I am a citizen of J&K state and commenting on my state... And, anyways, the whole idea of :pdf: is to debate and exchange opinions... ain't it?

Well, at least you can't blame me for that... I am a citizen of J&K state and commenting on my state... And, anyways, the whole idea of :pdf: is to debate and exchange opinions... ain't it?
@mastaan
ideas not crap :)

Back
Top Bottom