What's new

Is Karachi ready for change? PTI calls for Peace Jalsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, on topic of the thread......Karachi doesn't need any political change, what she needs is a break from interference of external forces. Let the political party, elected by majority, make and implement decisions, simple.

By the way, on topic of the thread......Karachi doesn't need any political change, what she needs is a break from interference of external forces. Let the political party, elected by majority, make and implement decisions, simple.

Yeah...local karachiites must have right to vote their representatives, and let the majority party rule all the institution of karachi..

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has said that his Karachi rally on December 25th will decide country’s future.

He was addressing a huge public gathering in Chakwal district of Punjab on Thursday. “It would be decided in Karachi that what Pakistanis want,” Khan said.He added that everybody should be a part of ‘tsunami” which was unleashed in Lahore on October 30.Calling Chaudry Nisar, Khan says,” Chaudhry Sahib you said two wickets could not be taken on a single ball, I tell you how could be done it, when last wicket is taken, the player playing at the other end is also considered out”“Nisar says my house is worth 120 billion, I ask you either gold-brick were used in my residence,” the cricketer-turned politician said.He told the workers to prepare themselves for elections to win ‘Pakistan world cup’.The PTI chief said that if he won election he would unite the people of Karachi to bring peace in the city as innocent citizen were being killed there.He said Pakistan has everything that could led to its prosperity. Khan said that he would ask China to invest in Pakistan.The PTI chairman said that Shahbaz Sharif should refrain from using public money in PML-N’s rallies.

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2011/11/.../#.Ts599rJ7SzI

Please for heavens sake,stop this charade,all is not hunky dory in karachi. If 40% of the current electoral rolls are bogus,that includes Karachi as well. Elections are manipulated all over Pakistan including Karachi. I have had that **** happen to me three times. Twice my vote was casted for me and once I was refused my right to vote because I chose not to vote out of coercion. So yes just like the rest of the country,Karachi needs to be reformed as well. There are people out there who genuinely vote for MQM but the number would fall if impartial elections were held. This is a fact acknowledged by a member of the MQM Rabita Committee who I happen to know.

ary yaar racism chod do bhai, mohajir leader ho ya punjabi ho(imran khan) it doesnt matter, if its for the greater good, after all we are pakistanis first above all

MQM indeed needs to sort it problem out, MQM needs reform from leadership, altaf cant do dramabazi while staying in britain and rnning karachites from london :angry:

i know many karachites are angry at the army operations and target killings but lets just think honestly, do we really need polarization in karachi now or harmoney and peace??

ethnic division should go from karachi now, its time for new era, karachi will flourish under peace and investment will come in more and more

Please for heavens sake,stop this charade,all is not hunky dory in karachi. If 40% of the current electoral rolls are bogus,that includes Karachi as well. Elections are manipulated all over Pakistan including Karachi. I have had that **** happen fo me three times. Twice my vote was casted for me and once I was refused my right to vote because I chose not to vote out of coercion. So yes just like the rest of the country,Karachi needs to be reformed as well. There are people out there who genuinely vote for MQM but the number would fall if impartial elections were held. This is a fact acknowledged by a member of the MQM Rabita Committee who I happen to know.

and who did you actually vote, PPP, ANP, nawaz???

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Well great job buddy for derailing the thread, mocking a community of Pakistan, creating differences among the Pakistanis and then finally the worst part showing that you are a patriotic Pakistani. The so called Pakistanis like you are as dangerous to Pakistan as TTP or BLA. We should something for the bigots like you too.

areesh, its some retard homie sitting on comp screen growing fat, idiot

The Capital was moved from Karachi to Islamabad because Karachi was/is too important strategically and symobilicaly being the economic vein of the country and the only seaport at that time. Blockade of Karachi as the capital would have been disastrous and thus,it was decided to move the capital to another part of the country. Also, capitals are not ideal for free movement and rarely do we see the economic hub of a nation being the capital as well. It was felt that Karachi and its businesses would prosper at a much rapid pace if the city was not diplomatically clawed.

@ KarachiPunk. Well I could not vote as the first two times my vote was casted for me and the last time I refused to have my vote be manipulated and misused.

Pakistani Christians ask Imran Khan to scrap 25th Dec rally

ISLAMABAD: A Christian rights group in Pakistan on Thursday urged cricket hero turned politician Imran Khan to scrap a major rally planned for Christmas Day, calling the move insensitive to the minority group.

Khan set Pakistan alight and surprised critics last month by drawing tens of thousands of people to a rally in his hometown of Lahore, transforming overnight from a wannabe to potential kingmaker in polls expected next year.

He now hopes to top that success with a rally in Karachi, Pakistan’s largest city, on December 25, which holds special significance as the birthday of the country’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and a public holiday.

But in an open letter, the Centre for Human Rights Education called on Khan to change the date and send a positive message to persecuted minorities that he would work to reverse decades of discrimination.

“Arranging a rally on Christmas Day shows they are not sensitive to the Christian community,” said Samson Salamat, director of the Lahore-based group and a Christian human rights activist.

“This is an important day for us and it is our basic right that we should be given respect,” he told AFP.

Arif Alvi, secretary general of Khan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf (Movement for Justice) told AFP the party would “consider the suggestion” but said it would hamper preparations to change the date.

“We will cooperate with the Christian community and facilitate their celebration of Christmas. We will also provide them transport, if they contact us, for Christmas celebrations or to attend our rally,” he said.

But Michael Javed, a Christian community leader in Karachi, dismissed any problem, saying that Christmas rituals would be largely completed before the rally gets underway in the evening of December 25.

There is a tiny Christian minority in Pakistan, where only three per cent of the population of 167 million are estimated to be non-Muslim and where the Vatican has said Christians are often victims of violence and discrimination.

Pakistani Christians ask Imran Khan to scrap 25th Dec rally | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

wow.it is very nice to hear.pakistan is now changing towards to peace.they want peace and co-operation with india.pakistan is brotherly countery to india.this is the sutiable time to join and develope their economy.no one can defeat ind -pak relationship.

JAI IND-PAK.

The Capital was moved from Karachi to Islamabad because Karachi was/is too important strategically and symobilicaly being the economic vein of the country and the only seaport at that time. Blockade of Karachi as the capital would have been disastrous and thus,it was decided to move the capital to another part of the country. Also, capitals are not ideal for free movement and rarely do we see the economic hub of a nation being the capital as well. It was felt that Karachi and its businesses would prosper at a much rapid pace if the city was not diplomatically clawed.

Naval blockade of Karachi has been termed as a reason since the 1970's but if the actual concern is defence of the city then I have already stated in IAF Jets can hit Islamabad and return before PAF has a chance to intercept! Karachi also has the biggest Airports in Pakistan (2 of them) so what makes a blockade any reason to move? It's not as if any diplomacy is practised through Naval channels.

Anyhow, there was no real reason to shift the capital as Karachi herself was a small city back then and could have been planned, developed and transformed in to a multicultural financial hub and the capital city.

Naval blockade of Karachi has been termed as a reason since the 1970's but if the actual concern is defence of the city then I have already stated in IAF Jets can hit Islamabad and return before PAF has a chance to intercept! Karachi also has the biggest Airports in Pakistan (2 of them) so what makes a blockade any reason to move? It's not as if any diplomacy is practised through Naval channels.

Anyhow, there was no real reason to shift the capital as Karachi herself was a small city back then and could have been planned, developed and transformed in to a multicultural financial hub and the capital city.

let's not even waste our time discussing this! making islamabad the capital was one of the greatest achievements of this nation! it freed up karachi and let it progress as an economical hub of the country!

islamabad is supposed to be federal capital and supposed to be clean nice away from the business community. and given our nations VIP culture imagine karachi main roads being closed for hours for government minister movements in the city!

Karachi don't need change ? who are you to say that racist , people will decide it in election.

let's not even waste our time discussing this! making islamabad the capital was one of the greatest achievements of this nation! it freed up karachi and let it progress as an economical hub of the country!

islamabad is supposed to be federal capital and supposed to be clean nice away from the business community. and given our nations VIP culture imagine karachi main roads being closed for hours for government minister movements in the city!

So Making Islamabad the capital was a great move because it looks nicer and thats applies esp for a new born country who didnt had much money ... WAH ... WAH :hitwall:

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Karachi don't need change ? who are you to say that racist , people will decide it in election.

He is referring to external forces here whats racist in that , or is it that you think the alqaida and talibans are good guys ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom