What's new

Is it true that all Indian restaurants in UK are owned by Bangladeshis?

Both Pakistanis and Bangladeshis run these restaurants claiming it to be Indian resturants,.and why would someoneclaim them as Indian restaurants ?? simply because Inidna food is good,,,not saying Pakistani food is not good, in fact North Indian and Pakistani dieshes are very much same.. but some Pakistani fanboys cant stop claiming Pakistani food to be better than Indian food. Food wise bangladesh does not even come close to India or Pakistan.

In Scotland, not all but majority of those that cater for the local community are owned by people from Bangladesh, before they were just called Indian Tandoori or Balti Restaurants but lately Bangladeshi cuisine has also been added.....however, no matter who owns the Eateries, the food served is a big con.

restUK_328168.jpg

Both Pakistanis and Bangladeshis run these restaurants claiming it to be Indian resturants,.and why would someoneclaim them as Indian restaurants ?? simply because Inidna food is good,,,not saying Pakistani food is not good, in fact North Indian and Pakistani dieshes are very much same.. but some Pakistani fanboys cant stop claiming Pakistani food to be better than Indian food. Food wise bangladesh does not even come close to India or Pakistan.
I think it is more to do with "brand recognition". People in the UK equate India with curry and thus when they go to an Indian restruant know what to expect/what they want. A Pakistani/Bangledeshi restruant would be likely avided in favour of an Indian resturant by the average British person even if they were to serve very similar food. So it is just easier to label all restrunts serving somethng that looks like curry as an "Indian restruant". To be honest this is such a common practice I'm surprised we are even discussing it, I assume the situation is the same in Canada and America.

The only time I see a Pakistani or Bangledeshi branded restruant is in heavily segregated areas where the majority of the population are Pakistani/Bangledeshi.

Yes, most of them are. According to a report by Channel 4, 85% of all "Indian" cuisine establishments are owned and run by Bangladeshi heritage UK citizens. 10% of them are owned by Pakistanis and about 5% are owned by actual Indians.

however, no matter who owns the Eateries, the food served is a big con.
Too true sir! Even if you ask for it "desi style" you will still be served something that is bascially a lame imitation of authentic food.

In Scotland, not all but majority of those that cater for the local community are owned by people from Bangladesh,
Exactly right- where the clientele are Bangledeshis they will have no issue with branding their restruant honestly.

The only reason such restruants misrepresent themselves as "Indian" is to dupe the average British customer.

I think it is more to do with "brand recognition". People in the UK equate India with curry and thus when they go to an Indian restruant know what to expect/what they want. A Pakistani/Bangledeshi restruant would be likely avided in favour of an Indian resturant by the average British person even if they were to serve very similar food. So it is just easier to label all restrunts serving somethng that looks like curry as an "Indian restruant". To be honest this is such a common practice I'm surprised we are even discussing it, I assume the situation is the same in Canada and America.

The only time I see a Pakistani or Bangledeshi branded restruant is in heavily segregated areas where the majority of the population are Pakistani/Bangledeshi.

Our food is better, but all your Indian dishes are heavily cream based curries. Tastes like shit, but white people like them so you get recognition. I like to cook as a hobby and Indian food is absolutely disgusting.

Our food is better, but all your Indian dishes are heavily cream based curries. Tastes like shit, but white people like them so you get recognition. I like to cook as a hobby and Indian food is absolutely disgusting.

"Pakistani food" is a subset of Indian food,imagine what it tastes like.

Yes, most of them are. According to a report by Channel 4, 85% of all "Indian" cuisine establishments are owned and run by Bangladeshi heritage UK citizens. 10% of them are owned by Pakistanis and about 5% are owned by actual Indians.
Now that is interesting! I suspect there are multiple reasons behind these statstics in terms of social-economic factors.

Yes thats true. Not just curry, but also India as a brand has more positive image than Pakistan and Bangladesh, thats another reason why they chose to keep Indian names.

Most of the Indian food served outside India is pretty disappointing but reflects the customer base (white people).

"Pakistani food" is a subset of Indian food,imagine what it tastes like.

You are an ignorant dravidian. If you would like to know what Pakistani food tastes like, please get an invatation to Pakistan. If you think we make sad, and creamy curries here then you must be in a delusional state. :lol:

Yes thats true. Not just curry, but also India as a brand has more positive image than Pakistan and Bangladesh, thats another reason why they chose to keep Indian names.
I lived in Australia for a while,Bangladeshis are proud of their identity but many Pakistanis pretend to be Indian

Back
Top Bottom