What's new

Is it possible for a german to safely travel pakistan?

Germans and Germany in general are thought of very highly by Pakistanis.

One of our great founding fathers loved Germany i.e. Alamah Iqbal.

Alamah Iqbal studied in Germany and earned his PHD from Ludiwg Maximilian University, under Friedrich Hommel. His thesis is called "the development of Metaphysics in Persia"

Germany named a road after him.

iqbal_ufer.jpg

Does anyone else think the German anthem is magnificent?

Oh by the way, my friend Marcus, please tell your people to raise their birth rate. I can't think of anything worse than the decline of the Germanic population which means the end of great innovation and creativity.

Oh by the way, my friend Marcus, please tell your people to raise their birth rate. I can't think of anything worse than the decline of the Germanic population which means the end of great innovation and creativity.

don´t worry, i have 4 siblings ha ha. ;P

@MarkusS It is safe as long your travel do not got leaked to Indian agents.

I would not advise you to travel direction mountains, stay in Islamabad and Lahore, stay in hotels. there are good hotels in both cities. Transportation would be a challenge, you can't drive in Pakistani traffic, but you can buy a car / motor cycle and re-sell it or rent a car or ask any 5 star hotel to help you.
Best case scenario would be, if you have a Pakistani friend from Germany and he lend you his car and driver for your stay.
Keep telephone numbers of police / army handy.

best of luck.

We know Germany of engineering innovation (Mercedes,BMW,VW, Klaus), of small businesses that Germany so carefully fosters and of course of stationery items like Pelikan, Staedtler, Rotring and Faber-Castell.

Germans are highly respected in Pakistan as very intelligent and creative people. those who have studied arts know contribution of Bahaus. We know Germans gave us Autobahn, the template which Eisenhower used to create modern highway system in the US.

We also know Germans for Goethe Institut. And dont forget Dr. Anne Marie Schimmel, a German scholar who did extensive research on Dr. Iqbal, one of the founding fathers of our nation. She visited and I think stayed in Pakistan for quite some time.

In short, we have high regard for Germans, :) :)

A german american lived in my house in karachi for four and a half years till 2012.

@MarkusS

When I was doing my undergrad, my university had, and I'm pretty sure still has, quite a few German exchange students all year round. Apart from them there were Austrian, Japanese, Chinese, Zimbabwean students that I know of and faculty members from pretty much every part of the planet. They spent their time pretty much the same way we all did, hung out with us, went out to eat with us, etc. etc. I remember one gorgeous German girl who used to go cycling around the city every morning alone. Then there was another who was dating a friend of mine, he took her to his village in Gujrat and every which where. There was one German guy named Felix whom I knew a bit better. He came trekking to Ansu Lake in Naran and Cliff Diving in Khanpur with us. Went back to Germany the next term and then transferred to my uni because he loved Pakistan. He never missed any opportunity to go up north from then on.

I might be able to get their contact details for you if you'd like. Bet their words would be far better than our's.

Last edited:
I believe you guys! Thats why i said that i don't think that one sided media stories are true. Pakistan gets a lot of bad media coverage here. But we had a terrible flood here last spring, thanks god nobody died but many cities were under water...and pakistani students came and helped. Thats was reported here alot.

i mean seriously, she didn't got baby sitter job in germany o_O:laughcry:

Not sure if that is the only job you know for women to do in germany but you would be presently surprised the number of jobs an educated woman can do. Let the women in your family whip up a resume and I will see what I can do.

Not sure if that is the only job you know for women to do in germany but you would be presently surprised the number of jobs an educated woman can do. Let the women in your family whip up a resume and I will see what I can do.
in my family, men are strong enough to take care of family, our women don't need to do work.......but it,s seems it,s quite "DIFFERENT TRENDS" in your family.... now stop this idiotic thing here or it will go well beyond.....:angry:

Back
Top Bottom