What's new

Is it haram to use nukes?

Hi Guys, the bottom line is we are all dependent on the belief of Pakistan army.... if they are not very Islamic than all bets are off.

BTW... corruption is also haram on top scale but why no one seem to be bothered with it?

bullet doesn't know who is innocent nor guilty too,so is gun haram?

thing is,what is the target?is it a military installation that will put an islamic nation at stake or is it a city?

bear in mind that in Islam, there is no concept of first strike.thus the theory of deterrence is in fact favorable in Islam

Islam only authorize attack for
-self defence
-to defend it's realm
-to protect it's follower/citizens(which includes non muslim)

goals doesn't justifying means however,so the concept of "strategic nuclear bombing" is haram by default even though it is used to defeat the enemy.even in Quran the Rule of conduct is being written before Geneva convention is formed

remember this: God's will>>>nuke

Its not nukes or alchohol which is haram its the side effects it causes, that's why they are banned/haram.

So you can have nukes to ward of danger but haram to use it.

Islam provides immunity to non-combatants, elderly, women/children/sick/disabled etc. In short, using a Nuke on a city is most probably haram but using it on Military installations/Naval Armada such as battle groups/carriers and other military formations/fortifications may not be haram as they are combatants. I guess even first use is not Haram when engaging enemy combatants.

Well I think the whole concept of nukes or WMDs is worng...

You try to kill me I am gonna take every one with me then .... It feels like a hostage situation

Hi Guys, the bottom line is we are all dependent on the belief of Pakistan army.... if they are not very Islamic than all bets are off.

BTW... corruption is also haram on top scale but why no one seem to be bothered with it?

So should they all sport beard and wear a kandoora?

Nuclear weapon is a weapon , and old days people had swords

Use of weapon is allowed in self defence

Example some arrogant nations decides to launch unilateral operations again so its completely legal :agree: VERY legal;)

Totally Halal , and legal and authenticated even by United Nation

foil.seal.white2.png

United Nations is in no position to declare nukes halal or haram. it is a relegious matter. UN is not a 'Mufti' in this case.

Pretty Halal to me as Halal someone took out a sword to self defend Muslim land/people

Common sense prevails over Mufti they can't even decide on if moon is sighted or not lol

Push that red button already

bird%2Bmissile%2Bfire.JPG

Pretty Halal to me as Halal someone took out a sword to self defend Muslim land/people

Common sense prevails over Mufti they can't even decide on if moon is sighted or not lolPush that red button already

bird%2Bmissile%2Bfire.JPG

but we still wait for their deceisions in moon sighting...isnt it.:azn:

Nukes are made as a deterrence, you possess them so others will think twice before attacking you. Only USA used them back in WWII, and the country that is going to draw the first blood by launching a nuclear attack will surely start WW III.

And afterward we are all going to fight with stick and stones in any future warfare... :P

A gun and nuclear weapons cannot compare same because if you try you can save the civilian but though some may died in cross fire, but when you are lunching nuclear attack it is impossible to differentiate between civilian and military target . great thought for Muslim scholar how they will justify a nuclear attack even as second strike . but keeping nuclear weapons is of course Halal as deterrent.

Islam provides immunity to non-combatants, elderly, women/children/sick/disabled etc.

This is a very noble sentiment, and in the time of the Prophet, it can be applied. Warfare in those days consisted of armies meeting in the field, or perhaps the siege and sack of a city. There was no such thing as a missile or bullet, and the best stand-off weapon was the bow and arrow. Even with that, you could see who you were about to kill. Thus, each individual soldier could choose to follow this rule, and the result would be that the fighting men of an enemy are killed, while non-combatants, elderly, women/children/sick/disabled, could be spared.

War has changed. Intermingled with military assets are women and children. Stand-off weapons make it impossible to determine who is in the area about to be obliterated. A war cannot be executed with today's weapons without harming innocents. So how can it be reconciled?

This is a very noble sentiment, and in the time of the Prophet, it can be applied. Warfare in those days consisted of armies meeting in the field, or perhaps the siege and sack of a city. There was no such thing as a missile or bullet, and the best stand-off weapon was the bow and arrow. Even with that, you could see who you were about to kill. Thus, each individual soldier could choose to follow this rule, and the result would be that the fighting men of an enemy are killed, while non-combatants, elderly, women/children/sick/disabled, could be spared.

War has changed. Intermingled with military assets are women and children. Stand-off weapons make it impossible to determine who is in the area about to be obliterated. A war cannot be executed with today's weapons without harming innocents. So how can it be reconciled?

Well,I think weapons are once again becoming more and more "safe" in terms of collateral damage...its just that the wrong information and wrong decisions cause innocent civilian causalities...

For example,unitary warhead GPS guided ATACMS,PGMs and all sorts of guided weaponry (missiles etc)...as long as nukes are not used,warfare is much safer than WW2 and Post-WW2 eras...

Back
Top Bottom