What's new

Is India tearing itself apart?

and then we had the first and second world war. So what is your point? The Indians are on a losing argument on this thread.

losing argument? you conveniently ignored all my posts regarding how bangladesh cannot hold on against india. then u continue posting articles that predict the worst, without looking at any of the positive sides of india, and then say that the indians are losing the argument.

you know what, the only way this will be settled for good is to wait and see what happens. People were predicting failure of india since 1947. well, we are still here and we are stronger than ever before.

lets wait and see where india is 25 years from now.

Damn! Fine! What about the United States of America!!!!

Who is now fighting two wars and is suffering a massive financial crisis. The US could say that it lasted a merely fifty years in relative dominance I doubt India will last 20 years with all its problems.

Still losing ...... :toast_sign:

I have observed, that throughout this thread, our Bhaaratiya friends have not given one, single, concrete reason as to why Bhaarat is not tearing itself apart.

They are hoping against hope, that eceonomic progress alone will hold the flimsy ties together.

But for how long can India sustain this growth? Sooner or later, the bubble must burst. For every period of growth, there must come a recession, for every boom a a bust.

When this happens, and the recently employed and well off lose their jobs, what do you think the malcontents will do?

We have already seen this starting, with regards to the Bihari Maharashtrian problem which has been getting attention in the news. When people feel the pinch, they start to lash out.

However, if India does progress significantly further, it will exacerbate tensions between the minority haves and the majority have nots. The recent rejection of India Shining at the polls can be seen as a forbear to that.

I'm afraid, it is all downhill from now onwards.

I have observed, that throughout this thread, our Bhaaratiya friends have not given one, single, concrete reason as to why Bhaarat is not tearing itself apart.

They are hoping against hope, that eceonomic progress alone will hold the flimsy ties together.

But for how long can India sustain this growth? Sooner or later, the bubble must burst. For every period of growth, there must come a recession, for every boom a a bust.

When this happens, and the recently employed and well off lose their jobs, what do you think the malcontents will do?

We have already seen this starting, with regards to the Bihari Maharashtrian problem which has been getting attention in the news. When people feel the pinch, they start to lash out.

However, if India does progress significantly further, it will exacerbate tensions between the minority haves and the majority have nots. The recent rejection of India Shining at the polls can be seen as a forbear to that.

We all have had this problem for decades and you see, that we havent split up into a 10000 small states as all of you had predicted.. There is a larger force that binds us together.. There was a bigger problem when the nation was divided into states based on cultural boundaries into Tamilnadu, AP, Kerala and Karnataka and all other assorted state boundaries.. If there was so much division, each state would have succeeded in carving its own region state..

The point of the discussion is not winning nor whining, but to recognize the larger truth.. Can the barrister even think of waging a war with the US or Germany or even match up with them on any parameter?

Even Pakistan has problems with Balochistan, does that mean its tearing apart ? Maybe aided by external forces.. But I am sure the Pakistan Citizens are too nationalistic to give it up so easily.. Same with India..

The mother of a person accused as a terrorist who worked against the country refused to collect her son's body as she felt that the country is more important than her son, who turned in to a terrorist.

With these kind of people as my fellow citizens, I am sorry, your dreams of a Torn India is never happening. :smitten:

Wrong choice of words, its not "I'm afraid", its "I hope and pray"!

But then it doesn't matter.

Kuchh baat hai ki hasti mitati nahi hamari

Sadiyon raha hai dushman dor-e-jahan hamara.

I seem to be forgetting the famous guy who said these words about Hindustan. ;)

I hope its not breaking any copyright.

PS: I am sure you have been fed this "India on the cusp of breaking" diet since childhood, why has it not happened so far?

I am afraid all of us will go to our maker without seeing the dream of some here fulfilled. I hope God gives peace to these unsatisfied souls as also the millions who have already gone to their graves with this unfulfilled wish.

To tell you frankly it is another friendly country in our immediate North-West that seems to be tearing itself apart harder. Though I personally have no great wish to see that happen.

Last edited:

darkstar, if you try to highlight the problems faced by every country, then obviously you'll think that most of them are tearing themselves apart. lets take Pakistan itself for an instance. problems in FATA, Baluchistan, financial crisis, support for Taliban by a lot of citizens etc are enough to declare Pakistan as a failure. yet i don't think anyone here thinks Pakistan will tear itself apart.

in the same context India also has problems. but we have faced much worse, like during the 80s when all these problems where there, in addition to Khalistan insurgency and financial problems.

the fact remains that the world still sees India as a rising power. not a single credible global agency has written off India. i don't see why members on this forum should, but i suppose people see what they want to see.

To tell the truth, its pointless to debate on this issue. Some will be convinced that India will tear itself apart, no matter how many counter arguments are given. The best way to shut them up is to wait, and see whether India is still there 30 years from now.

Defending The Idea Of India

Political Resolution

29 October, 2008

Countercurrents.org

The two day national convention - Countering Fascist Forces: Defending the Idea of India, 25-26 October 2008- was attended by over 750 activists' and intellectuals from 18 states (Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, West Bengal, Delhi, Harayana, Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Gujarat, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, J & K, Punjab, Maharashtra and Chattisgarh).

POLITICAL RESOLUTION PASSED AT THE CONVENTION

The urgency to intervene in defence of democracy, secularism and justice has never been more pressing than in the conditions prevailing in the country today.

The rise of communal fascism has emerged as a threat not only to its immediate victims but to the very long-term survival of India as a unified nation of diverse religious, linguistic and ethnic groups. The mysterious and condemnable acts of terrorism that have shaken different parts of the country have engendered a climate of fear, insecurity and fuelled the politics of communal division.

In recent months, vicious attacks have been mounted across India against religious minorities by Hindutva fascist organizations and communalism has even become the dominant tenor of public discourse. In Maharashtra the regional chauvinist forces of Bal and Raj Thackeray, both offsprings of the Hindutva politics of hate, has targeted north Indians in a bid to drive them out of the state.

The BJP, RSS and their allies in the Sangh Parivar have mounted a vicious campaign against the Christian community across India. Orissa and over 10 states have seen violent attacks on the Christian community, their institutions, religious places, property and businesses on the basis of fabricated stories and hate campaigns.

Throughout the country Muslim youth are being targeted, without any or little evidence, as responsible for the various bomb blasts taking place in the country. There is a concerted attempt by the Indian police, intelligence agencies and certain political parties to portray all members of the Muslim community as 'terrorists and extremists' - to be arbitrarily arrested, tortured and killed in fake encounters. Sections of the media instead of investigating the truth are blindly parroting these sensational and unsubstantiated claims.

Even more disturbingly the accused are being systematically denied their basic right to legal defence by some bar associations themselves which have threatened, expelled and even violently attacked lawyers brave enough to take up these cases. The Indian judiciary has failed to take suo moto cognizance of such attacks as being contempt of court.

All this while hard evidence available against Bajrang Dal, Vishwa Hindu Parishad and other Sangh outfits of their direct involvement in terror attacks is not only being ignored but actively pushed under the carpet by the Indian state. The Hindutva terrorist groups like the Bajrang Dal are openly claiming responsibility for this communal violence against Christians and are yet being allowed to go scot-free.

There is a growing feeling among religious minority communities that the Indian state and judiciary is biased against them and unwilling to provide impartial justice even in cases such as the demolition of the Babri Masjid. No action has been taken on the recommendations of the Srikrishna Commission report following the anti-Muslim pogrom in Mumbai of 1993. On the other hand some members of the judiciary are now willing to be puppets of communal forces, a dangerous trend set by the Nanavati Commission, which has exonerated the Narendra Modi government of responsibility for the Gujarat Genocide of 2002.

Instead of confronting these fascist forces the Indian state is cracking down hard on 'soft targets' like human rights and social activists. The fundamental rights of life, liberty, freedom of speech, religion and dissent guaranteed to all citizens by the Indian Constitution are being shred to pieces right in front of our eyes.

Entire swathes of the Indian North-East and Kashmir are covered by the draconian Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) that authorises even the lowest soldier to shoot and kill civilians on mere suspicion of their being 'militants'. In Chhattisgarh, large numbers of citizens continue to be detained using the highly restrictive Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act (CSPSA). Those defending the rights of the poor, Dalit, Adivasis and other marginalised people are being falsely branded as 'extremists' and 'anti-nationals'. The state sponsored, unconstitutional 'Salwa Judum' campaign, which has unleashed horrific violence on innocent tribal populations over the past four years in the name of countering Maoism, is being justified by none other than the National Human Rights Commission itself.

All this is happening even as the forces of imperialism led by the United States, under the pretext of the so-called Global War on Terror, are busy re-colonising entire nations from Iraq to Afghanistan and are now targeting Pakistan in the immediate neighbourhood of India. The global media is contributing to this politics of hatred by demonizing Muslims worldwide and frightening ordinary citizens into giving up their basic democratic rights everywhere.

Within the country, the pattern of elitist development has turned a vast majority of the population into second-class citizens, reinforcing with misguided policies the apartheid of the ancient and racist caste system. The ghost of the East India Company, buried long ago, is being resurrected in myriad forms and those who run the Indian state are willfully abetting the return of a neo-colonial order.

It is a state of affairs that calls upon all those who value Indian independence, democratic rights and social justice to come forward, take responsibility and resist the onslaught by fascist and imperialist forces on the foundations of our national values and existence. We also urge all anti-communal activists and secular political parties to forge alliance to defeat fascism and communalism. We, the delegates and participants of the National Convention on Countering Fascism: Defending the Idea of India in New Delhi held on 25-26 October 2008 resolve as follows to:

1) Call for the resignation of Shivraj Patil, Home Minister of India for his abject failure to prevent bomb attacks in major Indian cities; take action against Hindutva terrorists despite evidence provided to him by civil society groups; stop the Sangh Parivar's attacks on Christian populations in Orissa, Karnataka and other parts of India; and for using fake police encounters and false evidence against Muslim youth to save his political career;

2) Call for the dismissal of M.K.Narayanan, National Security Adviser for incompetence and all the intelligence lapses leading to rise in to both terrorist and communal violence;

3) Demand prosecution of all members of the Bharatiya Janata Party and ABVP who have links with Hindutva terrorist organisations, such as the ones implicated in the Malegaon bomb blasts.

4) Condemn the UPA government for falling prey to the Hindutva agenda while paying lip service to secularism.

5) Demand the setting up of a time-bound judicial inquiry into the Jamia Nagar 'encounter' headed by a sitting judge of the Supreme Court;

6) Review major cases of 'terrorist' attacks and immediately release those against whom there is no evidence of any kind; implementation of NHRC instruction regarding independent investigation into all deaths in police custody and in police encounters over the last 5 years;

7) Call for a ban on RSS, the Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad for terrorist, anti-national activities and seizure of their national and international assets; a White Paper on the terrorist activities of these organizations;

8) Demand the presentation of a White Paper on the scope of India's "war on terrorism" and the level of its cooperation and collaboration with the US-led war on terror;

9) Enact the Communal Violence Bill after thorough revision in consultation with citizen's bodies, human rights groups and anti-communal organisations across India;

10) Provide immediate relief and compensation to the victims of communal terrorism in Orissa and other states including reconstruction of destroyed private property and restoration of livelihood. Set up a permanent statutory body to deal with such issues in future.

11) Demand the formation of a strong statutory body like election commission (or extend the scope of the EC) to monitor pre-election conduct of political parties and their leaders which generally leads up to polarization of vote banks. Such a body should have a right to disqualify party and/or its functionaries or elected representatives in the legislature in the wake of a breach of conduct;

12) The immediate release of Human Rights Defenders, such as Dr Binayak Sen, who have been arrested for exposing police atrocities and state violence against innocent citizens.

13) Demand a White Paper on misuse of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act in Kashmir and the Indian North-East and the immediate withdrawal; search for a political rather than military solution to the Kashmir problem;

14) A national commission of inquiry into the misuse of special security laws by the police to arrest members of the minority community in false cases of terrorism

Convention Organised by:

Academy of Public Understanding of Science, All India Christian Council, All India Dalit Mahila Adhikar Manch, All India Quami Mahaz, All India Secular Forum, Alternatives, Aman Biradari, Aman Samudaya, ANHAD, Antarik Visthapit Hak Rakshak Samiti, Anweshi, Arya Samaj, ASHA Pariwar, Ashraya Adhikar Abhiyan, Asmita Collective, Awaz e- Niswana, Bandhua Mukti Morcha, Bhartiya Muslim Mahila Andolan, Bihar Social Institute, BUILD, Campaign for Judicial Accountability and Reforms, Centre for Youth Development and Activities, Chattisgarh Jan Vigyan Vikas Sangthan, Centre for Information, Training, Research and Action, Commission for Religious Harmony, Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights , Countercurrents.org, Centre for Studies in Society and Secularism, Danish Publishers, Darpana Academy, Disha Social Organization , Ekta, Foundation for Educational Innovations in Asia, Global Gandhi Forum, GRAVIS, Holy Cross Convent, Human Rights Law Network, Indian Social Institute, Indian Social Action Forum ,INSAF Bulletin, Institute for Minority Women, Institute for Social Democracy, Jadugoda, Janadhikar Samuh, Jananeethi, Janvikas, JUDAV, Lok Sangharsh Morcha, Lokshakti Abhiyan, Mahatma Gandhi Foundation, MASUM, Media Action Group, Medico Friend Circle, Minorities Council, Muslim Women's Forum, National Campaign for Dalit Human Rights, National Economic Forum for Muslims, Nazareth Mahila Samiti, NCHRO, Nishan, North East Support Centre & Helpline, Orissa Development Action Forum, Orissa Seek, Save & Development Society, Oxfam India, Popular Education & Action Centre ,People's Movement against Nuclear Energy, People's Research Society, People's Watch, PRASHANT, Religious Harmony Commission (CBCI), Roshan Vikas, Saheli, Sahrwaru, Sajhi Duniya, Sama, Samarpan, Sanchetana, Sandarbh, Sangat, Sarva Dharam Sansad, Shambhavi, South Asia Citizens Web, South Asians for Human Rights , SUTRA, Tamilnadu Muslim Munnetra Kazhagam, Udayan, Urja Ghar, Vikas Adhyan Kendra, Yuv Shakti

Defending The Idea Of India Political Resolution

The mother of a person accused as a terrorist who worked against the country refused to collect her son's body as she felt that the country is more important than her son, who turned in to a terrorist.
With these kind of people as my fellow citizens, I am sorry, your dreams of a Torn India is never happening. :smitten:

Kannur/Malappuram (Kerala), October 26: Parents of two Keralite youths killed in recent encounters in Jammu and Kashmir have virtually denounced their sons for their alleged extremist links and anti-national activities.

While the mother of one of them came out with strong words against the anti-national activities in which his son was allegedly involved, the father of the other told the police that his family did not want to claim the body of his son killed in Kupwara area earlier this month.

"If my son was involved in anti-national activities, he deserved the fate he met with...My prayers are that no woman should face the fate of being called the mother of an extremist," said Safia, the mother of Mohammad Fayas from Kannur, who was killed in the encounter.

Voicing similar sentiments, Syed, whose son Abdul Raheem was also killed in the Kupwara encounter, did not want the body of his son to be brought home for last rites and burial.

In a written request to police in Malappuram, Syed wanted his son's body to be buried in a graveyard attached to a mosque in Kashmir. Police said it would be faxed to authorities in J-K.

According to Safia, her son was lured to the extremist cause by a friend of him called Faisal, who was arrested on Sunday. He had told Safia that her son was being sent to Bangalore where arrangements would be made for his religious studies. Later on, Faisal told her that Fayas was in Ahmedabad and his studies were progressing.

‘My son was an anti-national, he deserved to die’ - Express India

People like Safia Syed and Varghees are enough to hold the Real Sprit of India.

Hypocrites & Separators in India

By Tanveeer Jafri, India

In Indian politics, whenever there is discussion about the separatists, our attention immediately reaches towards the movements in Jammu & Kashmir or in the North-East India. Attempts are done to crush these separative movements with the help of state governments & local administration by the government of India. If need arises, the government takes help of army or local police. The organizations that run such separative movements are blacklisted & possible stern actions are taken to deal with them. But now it seems that separateness has come out with the new face of 'nationalism'. It has started in India, in a prosperous state of Maharashtra.

The organization of Shiv Sena, a regional political party, in Maharashtra, an industrial & economically prosperous state in India, was formed to encourage regionalism. But Shiv Sena chief, Bal Thackeray showed himself a nationalist & a 'Hindutvavadi', to set himself in the politics. And treading this path, there remained an alliance for many decades between Shiv Sena of Bal Thackeray & another 'Hindutvavadi' national party, Bhartiya Janata Party, to take hold of the power, that are still on. By adopting the extremist thoughts of Bal Thackeray, the Bhartiya Janata Party might have enjoyed the power but with the main role of regional party Shiv Sena. Now the nephew of Bal Thackeray, Raj thakray is also working on the lines of his uncle.

Because of the controversy about succession of Bal Thackeray, his nephew too has started his own party on the basis of regionalism & 'Marathism'. This Thackeray family tells itself as the nurture of Hinduism. This family says that they are patriot from the core of the heart. Their flags & dress also gives the impression of their being a true patriot. But for the last few months, this Thackray family is giving air to the regionalism for their political rivalry & showing cruelty to Non-Marathas, that reveals that their patriotism is a mere show & nothing else. The nephew Raj Thackeray is using his political energy in such a way that he wants to defeat his uncle Bal Thackeray in state politics. For it, Raj Thackeray has set up a new regional party 'Maharashtra Navnirman Sena' (MNS). He talks of 'Marathism' instead of Nationalism in his speeches. He wants to tell the Maratha people that he is only best well wisher for them.

For this movement Raj Thackeray is sowing the seeds of hatred against the North Indians. Last days, many such incidents took place where in Maharashtra specially in Bombay the miscreant supporters of Raj Thackeray beaten the North Indians, who were unarmed & ignorant & were working as taxi drivers, shopkeepers & servicemen & students have come there to participate in examination for their services. The violence that was going on for many months was retaliated in the last. Indian Railway Services were disrupted. There was loss of property & buses were broken & set on fire. In all, there was a great loss of national property.

Now the question arises, will these leaders who call themselves nationalists & give air to regionalism, remain free? Is their false drama of patriotism is not a mere drama to get power? In fact, the two decades of regional party importance has shown the big leaders what they are in politics. At present, there are very few leaders in India who have recognition & regards from Kanyakumari to Kashmir. Now the second line politicians are trying to encourage the regionalism. These leaders are trying to recognize the points for regionalism & then working on them. For this, the local leaders present themselves as the true well wishers of the regional people & if the only being well wisher doesn't impress the public, they spread hatred for the remaining Indians.

The Indians that are nationalists are now in doubt if these separators, just for capturing the power, may not divide the country in many parts as was done in Afghanistan where many tribes used to rule in different areas. The central government should severely deal with such regional leaders who encourage regionalism. For it, Indians should feel that they are first of all Indians & not natives of any special state.

The boundaries of the state are marked just for the easy administration & regional development. For it, there is no need to praise the narrow minded leaders. The people of the country must be aware of the separators. The parties or the leaders or a regional party that shows the path of regional superiority over the national or encourage such views should be avoided & people should be watchful in this regard. The leaders who shine their politics in the name of religion, caste, region or language are only hungry of the power & have false sympathy for the people. For keeping India unite, there is great need to recognize such people so that India may not be fragmented.

------------------
About the Author:Author Tanveer Jafri is a columnist based in India.He is related with hundreds of most popular daily news papers/portals in India and abroad. Jafri, Almost writes in the field of communal harmony, world peace, anti communalism, anti terrorism, national integration, national & international politics etc.He is a devoted social activist for world peace, unity, integrity & global brotherhood. Tanveer Jafri is also a member of Haryana Sahitya Academy & Haryana Urdu Academy (state govt. bodies in India). Thousands articles of the author have been published in different newspapers, websites & newsportals throughout the world. He is also a receipent of so many awards in the field of Communal Harmony & other social activities.

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidRecord=228615

In India, tolerance is a weak pillar
Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: With national elections only months away, India is reeling from a rash of spiteful religious and ethnic clashes, prompting many in this country to ask why their vibrant, pluralistic democracy tends to encourage, rather than avert, the cruelty of neighbour against neighbour, a report published in the International Herald Tribune said.

Tensions are growing in several corners of the country. The latest dispute was set off in Mumbai last week, when an upstart nativist party claiming to represent Marathas, the dominant ethnic group in the state, pounced on Indians who had come from elsewhere to apply for jobs at Indian Railways. “The party, which calls itself Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (roughly, the Army for the Reconstruction of Maharashtra) and has in recent months attacked northern migrants to Mumbai, wants those jobs to be set-aside for local residents,” the report said. On Oct. 21, the police arrested the party leader, Raj Thackeray, on a charge of inciting riots, after which his supporters went on a rampage across the city and its suburbs. Much of Mumbai was shut down.

A day later, a local court released Thackeray on bail, setting off a rampage in the northern state of Bihar, the source of the migrants attacked by Thackeray’s disciples. Protesters blocked trains, wrecked railroad stations and stranded passengers there and in several other parts of northern India. Meanwhile, violence between Hindus and Muslims erupted elsewhere in Thackeray’s Maharashtra State, and spread south to the state of Andhra Pradesh, where a Muslim family of six was burned to death in their home in mid-October.

According to the report, clashes between Hindus and Christians continued to sweep through the eastern Orissa State. In north-eastern Assam State, indigenous Bodos fought with Bengali-speaking Muslims, leaving more than 50 people dead. All the while, Indian cities remained skittish after a spate of terrorist attacks blamed largely on Islamic militants. Other factors include the longstanding Kashmir insurgency in the north and Maoist guerrillas across central India.

The Hindustan Times recently carried a map of India, splattered with red stains to mark current trouble spots. Many more would have to be added in the two weeks since the map was published. In mid-October, speaking to the wishfully named National Integration Council, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh called the rash of violence “an assault on our composite culture.” He added, “An atmosphere of hatred and violence is being artificially generated.”

How can the world’s largest democracy fail to prevent such a fury of intolerance? Ashis Nandy, a political psychologist and social critic, said that India was a democracy in a far more limited sense than many Indians cared to recognize. In spite of its lively and largely transparent elections, he said, some of the other basic pillars of democracy, including tolerance and respect for the rule of law, were fragile at best.

Perhaps, he went on to suggest, India was gradually becoming less democratic, as a variety of small, factionalised political parties vied to mobilize their caste and ethnic constituencies. National elections are expected to be held next spring, and five state elections are scheduled for November. “Some amount of virulent, strident rhetoric, as well as violence, is becoming a deepening part of the democratic culture,” Nandy said. He described it as an inevitable danger of all large, pluralistic democracies. After all, he said, the Ku Klux Klan survives in the United States. And look at the increasingly aggressive campaign messages in the American presidential race, Nandy said.

Amartya Sen, the Indian-born Nobel Prize-winning economist who argued convincingly for the ability of democracies to prevent famine, acknowledged that those same states, including India, were far less effective at preventing sectarian strife. In the case of hunger, a lively public debate can quickly generate enough political capital to prevent famine. Stopping demagogues from fanning hostility is another matter, he said. Just having a democratically elected government, he said, is insufficient.

According to the report, the unrest has cast a pall over October, a holy month for Hindus and Muslims alike. As Tuesday’s observance of Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights and gift giving approached in recent days; markets and temples were guarded by a phalanx of police officers and metal detectors. Islam’s holiest festival, Id al-Fitr, passed sombrely earlier this month, after a spate of terrorist attacks across India for which Islamic militants were largely blamed.

Dipankar Gupta, a sociologist at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, said India’s leaders had become so focused on wooing votes for the next elections that they were losing sight of how to protect citizens, regardless of which caste or community they belonged to. “Religion is important,” he said. “Caste is important. Of course it’s important, but so long as it does not offend the basic principle of citizenship. In India, we have forgotten it.”

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Kannur/Malappuram (Kerala), October 26: Parents of two Keralite youths killed in recent encounters in Jammu and Kashmir have virtually denounced their sons for their alleged extremist links and anti-national activities.

While the mother of one of them came out with strong words against the anti-national activities in which his son was allegedly involved, the father of the other told the police that his family did not want to claim the body of his son killed in Kupwara area earlier this month.

"If my son was involved in anti-national activities, he deserved the fate he met with...My prayers are that no woman should face the fate of being called the mother of an extremist," said Safia, the mother of Mohammad Fayas from Kannur, who was killed in the encounter.

Voicing similar sentiments, Syed, whose son Abdul Raheem was also killed in the Kupwara encounter, did not want the body of his son to be brought home for last rites and burial.

In a written request to police in Malappuram, Syed wanted his son's body to be buried in a graveyard attached to a mosque in Kashmir. Police said it would be faxed to authorities in J-K.

According to Safia, her son was lured to the extremist cause by a friend of him called Faisal, who was arrested on Sunday. He had told Safia that her son was being sent to Bangalore where arrangements would be made for his religious studies. Later on, Faisal told her that Fayas was in Ahmedabad and his studies were progressing.

‘My son was an anti-national, he deserved to die’ - Express India

People like Safia Syed and Varghees are enough to hold the Real Sprit of India.

They did not want the dead bodies of their children brought back perhaps because of the fear of reprisal by the extremist hindus.

I suggest you go and watch Shah Rukh Khan's film where he was declared khaddar just because he failed to score a goal against Pakistan hockey team. This is the real trust you people have in muslims. :sick:

Last edited:

By reading and discussing only the problems of India, you have forgeten what the big picture of India is. News reports only the bad like anywhere in the world, so the impression one gets is biased. Nevertheless, it will take a great force to break up India.

The downhill part is what puzzles me the most, you are very educated economically, if you can show how is that possible. All the reports are showing an upward trend not only towards GDP, but even the rise of middle income families, decrease of poverty level in future, increase literacy, so on etc....

By reading and discussing only the problems of India, you have forgeten what the big picture of India is. News reports only the bad like anywhere in the world, so the impression one gets is biased. Nevertheless, it will take a great force to break up India.

The downhill part is what puzzles me the most, you are very educated economically, if you can show how is that possible. All the reports are showing an upward trend not only towards GDP, but even the rise of middle income families, decrease of poverty level in future, increase literacy, so on etc....

It seems you did not read my post properly. In the very beginning I mentioned that it is only a hope that economic prosperity will hold Bhaarat together.

And I have given two scenarios of economic progress or recession, both of which will lead to its disintegration.

In short, a couple of the reasons for the breakup will be social injustic and imbalance, coupled with spreading xenophobia. WEther you do well economically, or do bad, it will not be able to save you.

Is this what Madrasa kids in Pakistan jerk off on these days...............The only country in the Indian subcontinent that has torn apart in the recent memory has been Pakistan(India on the other hand has expanded by including Goa and Sikkim)

but why are Pakistanis taking the tab from Bangladeshis, remember these guys ditched you...... :)

Back
Top Bottom