What's new

Is India tearing itself apart?

The fascination and concern of these guys with India is remarkable.

Especially considering the following table which show some other friendly neighborhood countries tearing apart much faster.

I would say we should help them hold together if they ask for our help. They definitely need that.

da630e3d2f6d908338557340efa8cb89.jpg

I agree that for Pakistanis that is a natural feeling to have.

But some of the Bangladeshis here, their behavior is inexplicable.

Well not if you can see the reasons for their ingratitude. Its just the feeling of insignificance that so troubles some of them and causes them to bad mouth India to feel important.

I agree that for Pakistanis that is a natural feeling to have.

But some of the Bangladeshis here, their behavior is inexplicable.

Well not if you can see the reasons for their ingratitude. Its just the feeling of insignificance that so troubles some of them and causes them to bad mouth India to feel important.

If i remember it right,not all Bangladeshis were happy with the liberation movement,the current right wing groups and its apologists had actively supported the Pak army and razakkars in their campaign of terrorin in 1971...

So no surprises there too.

If i remember it right,not all Bangladeshis were happy with the liberation movement,the current right wing groups and its apologists had actively supported the Pak army and razakkars in their campaign of terrorin in 1971...

So no surprises there too.

Yes. I thought most Razakaar had been taken care of by the patriotic Bangladeshis and the few remaining ones are in dirty camps without a nation to call their own.

Some escaped it seems.

It seems you did not read my post properly. In the very beginning I mentioned that it is only a hope that economic prosperity will hold Bhaarat together.

And I have given two scenarios of economic progress or recession, both of which will lead to its disintegration.

In short, a couple of the reasons for the breakup will be social injustic and imbalance, coupled with spreading xenophobia. WEther you do well economically, or do bad, it will not be able to save you.

What i am saying is, The western and southern part of India are doing economically very well, hence no sign or very few signs of communial violence. The Eastern and northeastern part have not yet benefited from India's growth, and that is the reason you see such acts. Keep in mind though, that majority of communical acts are imported in India.

The social injustice and imbalance that you are speaking of, happens in every country. Infact i will bet that in China there is more social injustice then India, but I hear no argument that China is falling apart.

Xenophobia, Well i just do not get this word. This is contraditory to your argument. Infact I will say that Majority Indian are Xenophobia of Bangladeshes and Pakistanies in India.

What i am saying is, The western and southern part of India are doing economically very well, hence no sign or very few signs of communial violence. The Eastern and northeastern part have not yet benefited from India's growth, and that is the reason you see such acts. Keep in mind though, that majority of communical acts are imported in India.

The social injustice and imbalance that you are speaking of, happens in every country. Infact i will bet that in China there is more social injustice then India, but I hear no argument that China is falling apart.

Xenophobia, Well i just do not get this word. This is contraditory to your argument. Infact I will say that Majority Indian are Xenophobia of Bangladeshes and Pakistanies in India.

The two states which are the most developed, and provide the most cash to the Bhaarati exchequer are Gujarat and Maharashtra. Both have had serious communal and lingual clashes recently. Your argument just doesn't hold.

Kannur/Malappuram (Kerala), October 26: Parents of two Keralite youths killed in recent encounters in Jammu and Kashmir have virtually denounced their sons for their alleged extremist links and anti-national activities.

While the mother of one of them came out with strong words against the anti-national activities in which his son was allegedly involved, the father of the other told the police that his family did not want to claim the body of his son killed in Kupwara area earlier this month.

"If my son was involved in anti-national activities, he deserved the fate he met with...My prayers are that no woman should face the fate of being called the mother of an extremist," said Safia, the mother of Mohammad Fayas from Kannur, who was killed in the encounter.

Voicing similar sentiments, Syed, whose son Abdul Raheem was also killed in the Kupwara encounter, did not want the body of his son to be brought home for last rites and burial.

In a written request to police in Malappuram, Syed wanted his son's body to be buried in a graveyard attached to a mosque in Kashmir. Police said it would be faxed to authorities in J-K.

According to Safia, her son was lured to the extremist cause by a friend of him called Faisal, who was arrested on Sunday. He had told Safia that her son was being sent to Bangalore where arrangements would be made for his religious studies. Later on, Faisal told her that Fayas was in Ahmedabad and his studies were progressing.

‘My son was an anti-national, he deserved to die’ - Express India

People like Safia Syed and Varghees are enough to hold the Real Sprit of India.
you know, they say that a mother's bad prayer against her children is never accepted because it never comes deep from her heart. I think you are a monster to be toying with a mother's aguish over stupid things such as nationalism. it only adds to the idiocy one sees in Bollywood movies about mother india.

I see a few indian muslims try very hard to publicly show their nationalism, sometimes going a little overboard, in front of hindus. that's the thing, muslims in india shouldn't have to show their patriotism. I suggest you dig a little deeper and find out what muslims in india really think. I can assure you, in the next 10-20 years, all of the secular/political liberation movements you have now will be nothing to compared to the mass-jihadi movements you will face in the future.

The Muslims of India have the best opportunity to take leadership in the Islamic world and show a tolerant pluralistic face of Islam that can co-exist with other communities.

If they fall to the Jehadi tendencies (which I am sure will never happen) it will prove that Muslims can't live in a pluralistic society with dangerous portends all over the world including India.

Those Muslims who felt such had already left India in 1947. They have chosen Pakistan and have not presented a very great model for anyone to follow. Pakistan has singularly failed in giving a good account of itself as a model state and society creted in the name of Islam.

You may wish for more divisions of India in the name of religion but its Pakistan that has been divided once already.

One billion Indians are united to face any challenge to her integrity. There will be no further partitions of India, least of all based on the narrow sectarian reasons.

India will never tear apart (though some posters wish that), because india is glued with pluralism, tolerance to others, right to equality. Though there are aberrations in all of these, but, overall it is fine.

The two states which are the most developed, and provide the most cash to the Bhaarati exchequer are Gujarat and Maharashtra. Both have had serious communal and lingual clashes recently. Your argument just doesn't hold.

For sure, clashes are happening, which I think happens in anyplace which has so much diversity in its populace. India, in itself, is a miracle that it could hold it together for 60 years despite its vast diversity and is still progressing better than other neighbors, who are having near total homogeneity in their populace, but still not progressing, and are on the brink of being failed states.

Well there are those who can never understand in their life how can diverse people live together in peace and harmony.

All they have seen around themselves is petty tribal warfare and intolerance of any differences. Violent intolerance.

Europeans can't imagine people speaking different languages living together in one nation and some others can't understand the same for different religions.

That is something that just goes against the grain for some. Though the Europeans are coming together forgetting those narrow differences.

Well there are those who can never understand in their life how can diverse people live together in peace and harmony.

All they have seen around themselves is petty tribal warfare and intolerance of any differences. Violent intolerance.

Europeans can't imagine people speaking different languages living together in one nation and some others can't understand the same for different religions.

That is something that just goes against the grain for some. Though the Europeans are coming together forgetting those narrow differences.

You are right. I was in US and now in Italy. A lot of people get surprised when two indians from different part of country don't speak same language and converse in English (in some cases Hindi).

To all pakistani brothers, we are all bhai-bhai. Come stab us , bite us, bomb us. We love you, we even will love osama and hafeez mian if they bomb some famous places in our country. India pakistan were always brothers and will be.
Come eat in our plates and then sh*t n it. We will provide you cover if you need. We will start a bus for your terrorists if they want to come over here and survey our weak spots and security gaps. We will donate all of our scientists for your nuclear program. We will lend you billions of dollars so that you wont have to goto world bank for money.
Sure your people would like to butcher us evil idol worshipping kaffirs. Come over here and butcher us, kick us in our butt. Heck we are more than a billion, it wont make a iota of difference to the world isnt it?.. And dont worry, we will take care of human rights of your terrorist brothers. We will extend their court cases till eterneity so that we get a chance to serve your noble interests in our pathetic excuse of a country.

Satya Ahimsa Hamara Nara Hai
Bhalehi Aapne Hame Thappad Mara Hai..

Let peace prevail.. Om shanti shanti..

Jai Hind..(Haa-eeend)..

Back
Top Bottom