What's new

Is India really a rich country?

GDP alone is very misleading, I look at quality of life n what changes within that country.

Speaking of quality of life, India < Malaysia < skippies

500 million in India live on $1.50 a day and Indian think they are awesome.

Dude, it's blasphemy not to use third degree of comparison when talking about Hindustan. Change "Rich" to "Richest" in title and OP.
Can you have any normal discussion when India is involved?

500 million in India live on $1.50 a day and Indian think they are awesome.
India also has added 31 USD billionaires just last years. How many did Australia add again? Take into consideration that Australia has whole continent and its rich natural resources to its disposal.

India also has added 31 USD billionaires just last years. How many did Australia add again? Take into consideration that Australia has whole continent and its rich natural resources to its disposal.

That's all well and good but India is still a very poor country, some places in India are so poor they are compared to Sub Saharan Africa, that's nothing to be proud of.

There are pockets of really nice areas in the big cities like Mumbai but only the rich benefit, education and public health in India is disgusting, the infrastructure is crumbling, corruption is rampant, crimes against women and children are on the rise.

India is a male-dominated society a patriarchy and the caste system is rampant even though Indians like to claim otherwise, India has a long way to go, just landing in Mumbai you can see the slums surrounding the airport, not a good first impression already.

No one can live on $1.90 a day that's why I said 500 million people.

It is at PPP level (i.e consumption based, not what you personally might find in your locality of the developed world) as defined by the UN economics team (who concocted the SDG and absolute poverty threshold)....i.e people who are instrumentally more credible and published on the subject compared to a random internet forum person like you.

It is at PPP level (i.e consumption based, not what you personally might find in your locality of the developed world) as defined by the UN economics team (who concocted the SDG and absolute poverty threshold)....i.e people who are instrumentally more credible and published on the subject compared to a random internet forum person like you.

Keep believing that India is a rich country you don't have to go far in India to see the depravations of poverty, open your eyes you live in that country.

Yes, there are pockets of rich people, but the rest of the country is falling apart, 96% of the people are corrupt and couldn't care less for the poor, the caste system is rampant.

And India will never change no matter how rich the country gets, I hope it does it may change in 200 years but you have to take care of a lot of issues that are serious in India.

That's all well and good but India is still a very poor country, some places in India are so poor they are compared to Sub Saharan Africa, that's nothing to be proud of.
Think in this way, India has a rich and nouve riche class that is bigger than Australia and even Canada. This class is essentially responsible for all of India's economic growth.

But then India also has a much larger population that is poorer than subsaharan africans.

If tomorrow --God Forbid-- india decides to kill most of the later, India will suddenly jump into middle income or even high income country.

Thats the fact. India is a patchwork of two classes. Extremely rich and extremely poor. First is bigger than Australia, bigger than Canada. Both of them exist together in the same country.

Yes, there are pockets of rich people, but the rest of the country is falling apart, 96% of the people are corrupt and couldn't care less for the poor, the caste system is rampant.
The issue is, that pocket is bigger than all of Australian economy or Canadian economy and it is growing faster than most of the western world.

And India will never change no matter how rich the country gets, I hope it does it may change in 200 years but you have to take care of a lot of issues that are serious in India.
Why do you want India to change? Its people are living in the way they want to live. Who the hell you are to dictate your choices on them?

Keep believing that India is a rich country you don't have to go far in India to see the depravations of poverty, open your eyes you live in that country.

Did I say India was a "rich" country? All I am saying is your numbers are wrong about the poverty.

Now if you want to volunteer your country to be stripped of its industry for 200+ years (longer than your country has even existed) and then compare apples to apples contextually with India, be my guest. Till that point your attitude on the topic is severely lacking and misguided. We are the opposite of you, we suffered colonisation and forced deindustrialisation (and even as basic as forced illiteracy thanks to Macaulay system)...whereas your whole country is based upon open untapped land, low population density (and thus high natural resource and land per person) and the colonizer advantage that treats the natives as simple flora and fauna. And you really want to point a haughty finger at another for whatever reason you lack in real life?

Thus the karma comes back on you now because of your society's increasing white guilt complex instead of being balanced and rational (as a non colonizer would be on such fundamental issue):

Think in this way, India has a rich and nouve riche class that is bigger than Australia and even Canada. This class is essentially responsible for all of India's economic growth.

But then India also has a much larger population that is poorer than subsaharan africans.

If tomorrow --God Forbid-- india decides to kill most of the later, India will suddenly jump into middle income or even high income country.

That's a very simplistic, even illogical, supposition. If all the poors are killed, then the so called rich and nouve riches would suddenly become desperately poor themselves as well, because these rich and nouve riches made their money off the larger population of poor. So if all the poors are killed tomorrow, India will remain a poor country, killing off the poor won't do a thing.

No, but has the potential if not for the corrupt politicians & bureaucrats.

every country in third world has potential if it wasnt for corrupt politicians and west's esploitation (s is the replacement for that letter that stop working on my keyboard just now :)

Did I say India was a "rich" country? All I am saying is your numbers are wrong about the poverty.

Now if you want to volunteer your country to be stripped of its industry for 200+ years (longer than your country has even existed) and then compare apples to apples contextually with India, be my guest. Till that point your attitude on the topic is severely lacking and misguided. We are the opposite of you, we suffered colonisation and forced deindustrialisation (and even as basic as forced illiteracy thanks to Macaulay system)...whereas your whole country is based upon open untapped land, low population density (and thus high natural resource and land per person) and the colonizer advantage that treats the natives as simple flora and fauna. And you really want to point a haughty finger at another for whatever reason you lack in real life?

Thus the karma comes back on you now because of your society's increasing white guilt complex instead of being balanced and rational (as a non colonizer would be on such fundamental issue):

That guy had tried to prove that Chinese warships were watching Australia, then we humiliated him. He refers to China's Yuanwang 7 measuring ship, which is publicized by Australia as a Chinese spy boat. In fact, the total tonnage of the Yuanwang 7 measuring ship is 30000 tons, the main function is to monitor and track the launch of the ballistic missile..... But,there are no ballistic missiles in Australia.

Think about how we laugh at Australia.....

Now he began to attack India.

Last edited:
Only blindly patriotic Indians think of India as a rich country. Most of us know the truth which is there is a massive disparity between the rich and the poor in India. On the other hand, India is only becoming wealthier with time. Hence finding it's rightful place in the World.

Much to the distaste of Britain and their bastard child.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom