What's new

Is India our friend?

Actually, the uprising against the British gained momentum from Chittagong. It was Bangladesh who created India.

I don't have any problem giving credit where it due. Bengal region as a whole did play a major role in our independence movement and freedom struggle.

A political move by Indira Gandhi does not count as big hearted ness of the nation.No bloody body gave birth of Bangladesh exempt Bangladeshis themselves. And for all the refugees India got 2 fold amount of international donation and logistical help with which they served themselves more rather then the refugees. Alert from some selected few choices of gov.most of the refugees did not get food 3 times daily and medical help.search your archives you will find the truth.

Searching the archive is necessary for you as you have forgotten everything... Without Indian help, you would have been still cleaning the latrines of Tikka Khan and others.. & Hell yeah, It was Indian Army that defeated Pakistani Forces, even the weapons of Mukti Bahini were given by India, otherwise you guys would have fought Pakistani Tanks and Fighters with "Lathis" ... :pissed:

When they bash India and Indians, I love that too. It shows that India and Indians are on the right path.

I don't understand Bangladeshi people. what is the pressing problem between India and Bangladesh?? None in my opinion. In case of Pakistan it is Kashmir which is the core issue. But what is stopping BD from accepting us?? Is it religion?? Beats me!!

I see you guys have forgotten How Your Country Took Birth & Who Is Its Father .. :hitwall:

Well Let me remind you that our soldiers died trying to make you free.. Our country welcomed every single refugees from your side.. There was no China to save your *** ...

please complete your sentence.................

it was a good starting in 1971...........

then...last 30+ year...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cartoon.jpg

bsf killing at border,dams at 44 common rivers,and so on............

even do you expect better emotion from young bangladeshi citizens who all got birth after 1971..........?

I guess most Indians strongly believe that we owe them big for 1971. Its not only reflected in this forum but Indians I meet on a daily basis. But I guess diplomacy is not black and white as most people tend to think.Theres lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

I guess most Indians strongly believe that we owe them big for 1971. Its not only reflected in this forum but Indians I meet on a daily basis. But I guess diplomacy is not black and white as most people tend to think.Theres lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

and aslo most of the indians consider 1971 war as a gift to Bangladesh with out considering sacred sacrifice of our fredom fighters.

I don't understand Bangladeshi people. what is the pressing problem between India and Bangladesh?? None in my opinion. In case of Pakistan it is Kashmir which is the core issue. But what is stopping BD from accepting us?? Is it religion?? Beats me!!

India sponsored Shanti Bahini insurgency in chittagong,BD.

india blocked natural flow of all common rivers.

bsf is killing innocent bangladeshi citizens at border.

and many more.....................................................!

There is so much that the two countries stand to gain, if together. And the funny thing is the issues between the two nations are not even as serious or existential in nature like the Kashmir dispute. A little push at the bureaucratic level, with the right leadership can help resolve so many outstanding issues.

BD is growing fast and provides excellent growth opportunities. India has a vast market. Opening it up to BD, through removal of trade barriers, will not only help restore trade balance but also deepen economic ties.

The geographical and cultural proximity should be used to bind the neighbors together.

BD is critical for bringing the estranged states of the North East into the mainstream.

There is so much that the two countries stand to gain, if together. And the funny thing is the issues between the two nations are not even as serious or existential in nature like the Kashmir dispute. A little push at the bureaucratic level, with the right leadership can help resolve so many outstanding issues.

BD is growing fast and provides excellent growth opportunities. India has a vast market. Opening it up to BD, through removal of trade barriers, will not only help restore trade balance but also deepen economic ties.

The geographical and cultural proximity should be used to bind the neighbors together.

BD is critical for bringing the estranged states of the North East into the mainstream.

yess, at last u have come up with your actual interest......North East India.

why dont you support their liberation movement like 71 war !

Yes, Sherlock...as surprising as you might find it (and surprising it is for you...given the used of RED!!), most countries do tend to consider well being of every part of the country as issues of "actual interest".

There is much to be gained through cooperation between BD-India. Synergies between the two countries will help both in realizing their respective potentials.

Noahkhali? - I know that place. Read about it. :cry:

Please request - don't troll.

On topic - Indians believe you won your freedom with your blood. We did push, but without you it would not have happened.

you know BDeshi could come to NE as tourists, it is an excellent low cost destination for middle class BDeshi who need to liberate :) themselves from their daily routine. I recently saw a video of a Bdeshi traveller who visited Shillong in Meghalaya and was impressed by the city and its people, though tourism in meghalaya is still in its infancy.. So come here BDeshis (with valid visas) and liberate yourself and help us earn some money:P
check this video

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the reality is Bangladesh cant have a big enemy like India in our current economic condition:ashamed:.

Another reality is, maximum of our current generation consider India as an enemy:agree:.

But the thing is many Bangladeshis will smile and say 'India is our closest friend' in front.

Then they will go home, shut the door, login to online forum and start quoting, 'There can't be a bigger enemy like India'.

A wise Indian will never think like that and so the people in MEA or anywhere in Indian diplomatic chambers. We dont have any problems with BD apart from teh refugee issue. My house was made by a contractor from BD and I didnjt find it difficult to reason with him.

People here still feel that we are giving away too much to India in exchange for no, or few, material gains from them

Isn't that a common feeling under any negotiations, where you feel you could have gotten a better deal.

I think the most important issue between india and bangladesh is lack of effective communication, India has expectations from bangladesh and vice a versa , both sides expect the other side to deliver, and both sides under-perform, out of the frustrations of under-performing bilateral relations, if one side takes up the challenge to deliver on the expectations unilaterally, they are considered "biased", case and point AL.

The most important issue for India and Bangladesh needs to be effective resolution of immigration, where India needs to take the initiative to nullify border shooting. Mexico poses immigration issues to US, but us border patrol doesn't shoot at people crossing over illegally. I find border shooting incidences to be horrific and unjust and it needs to stop. On the flip side, bangladesh needs to help India curb illegal immigration from their side.

Another confidence building measure for Indo-bangladesh relations is internship program in indian companies, where bangladeshi students can come and work in India for 24 months and experience Indian professional environment, have a reasonable cultural exchange.

Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country, and due to the history of the region there is a false fear associated with muslim nation in traditional Indian rhetoric, and I think Bangladesh is the nation that can change that, if the relation is handled with maturity on both sides. Bangladesh needs to take a few steps to be more pro-India, which essentially means backing India in international forums and balancing china indian equation.

Back
Top Bottom