What's new

Is India our friend?

Isn't that a common feeling under any negotiations, where you feel you could have gotten a better deal.

I think the most important issue between india and bangladesh is lack of effective communication, India has expectations from bangladesh and vice a versa , both sides expect the other side to deliver, and both sides under-perform, out of the frustrations of under-performing bilateral relations, if one side takes up the challenge to deliver on the expectations unilaterally, they are considered "biased", case and point AL.

The most important issue for India and Bangladesh needs to be effective resolution of immigration, where India needs to take the initiative to nullify border shooting. Mexico poses immigration issues to US, but us border patrol doesn't shoot at people crossing over illegally. I find border shooting incidences to be horrific and unjust and it needs to stop. On the flip side, bangladesh needs to help India curb illegal immigration from their side.

Another confidence building measure for Indo-bangladesh relations is internship program in indian companies, where bangladeshi students can come and work in India for 24 months and experience Indian professional environment, have a reasonable cultural exchange.

Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country, and due to the history of the region there is a false fear associated with muslim nation in traditional Indian rhetoric, and I think Bangladesh is the nation that can change that, if the relation is handled with maturity on both sides. Bangladesh needs to take a few steps to be more pro-India, which essentially means backing India in international forums and balancing china indian equation.

The point is that Bangladesh does deliver but India pretends that it can't deliver ....

Blasphemy, that shall never happen!!!! :pissed:

Btw, convince ISRO to keep launching those cryo-rockets...... practice makes perfect..... they do need to work on the frequency of launches....... convince them not to use PSLV..... :devil:

We are not wasting a GSLV on the rabble! :pissed:

Shubh shubh bol- is bari indigenous cryo engine hai instead of the ruski one- higher stakes. :kiss3:

It's actually the second one (I think)........ let's see..... I wish you the best of luck....
NOT....... :devil:

We are not wasting a GSLV on the rabble! :pissed:

Shubh shubh bol- is bari indigenous cryo engine hai instead of the ruski one- higher stakes. :kiss3:

The point is that Bangladesh does deliver but India pretends that it can't deliver ....

I think the issue is more complicated than that, Diplomacy needs continuous engagement, and the relations are further complicated due to hardliner factions on both sides. Irrespective of the govermental changes in the either country the diplomatic relations and outlook needs to be consistent.

there is a method to achieve that, what comes to my mind is a phase gate system to deliver projects in the diplomatic domain where timeline are assigned, and the outcomes are contantly tracked. when any project is delayed the related tasks are pinned to individidual from both sides, and pressure is developed to fastrack the process, and a joint committee to audit the process in a monthly basis. If such system is set up in the diplomatic domain, problem solving can be much smoother. The first and foremost need is to remove the emotions from analysis and introduce objectivity & result oriented process to achieve the desired targets. If all bilateral issues are effective listed and updated, i dont see why we cant resolve them. Instead of looking at each other with the anticipation of friendship, we should be looking at each other at being successful partners.

But the thing is many Bangladeshis will smile and say 'India is our closest friend' in front.

Then they will go home, shut the door, login to online forum and start quoting, 'There can't be a bigger enemy like India'.

India blocked natural flow of all common rivers in BD. BSF is killing innocent bangladeshi citizens at border with out any proof.

What type of emotion from young bangladeshi citizens do you want who all got birth after 1971? Are not enough to start hating India?

:cheers: A superbly balanced article..
on side note, most of us do want Indo-Bd ties.

actually lots of things are going on already

The investment facilities and current
political scenario to the potential investors
have encouraged Indian entrepreneurs to
put funds on many key areas, according to
officials and business people.
A large number of Indian firms have queued
up with investment proposals worth millions
of dollar, taking advantage of zero-duty
exports facility offered by India for goods
produced in the least developed country.
The Indian companies both from private and
public companies showed interest in the
sectors include power, transmission lines,
telecom, textiles, chemicals and
pharmaceutical, glass, plastics and
engineering.
The investment facilities and current political
scenario to the potential investors have
encouraged Indian entrepreneurs to put funds
on many key areas, according to officials and
business people.
A number of direct and joint venture proposals
from India constituting more than $100m
worth of investment in the major sectors
including agro-based chemical industries,
engineering and service sector which in turn
will create 51,653 jobs in Bangladesh,
according to the Board of Investment.
“A number of Indian companies have evinced
interest to do business in Bangladesh, while
some others are in the process of partnering
with Bangladeshi firms,” Matlub Ahmad,
President, India-Bangladesh Chamber of
Commerce and Industry (IBCCI), told the
Dhaka Tribune.
He said, “Indian investment in Bangladesh
currently stands at $2.5bn. However, we
expect this to grow two-fold and touch $5bn
in the next three years.”
According to the country’s foreign investment
policy, a company can export 80% of its total
produces.
“This combined with cheap labour cost have
attracted many Indian entrepreneurs to do
business here,” said Matlub.
Indian investment in Bangladesh, with the
possibilities of re-export to India, would help
in diversifying the exports of Bangladesh and
thereby reduce the trade gap between India
and Bangladesh, he said.
The total import by Bangladesh from India in
six months of the fiscal year 2012-13 was
$2316m while total export by Bangladesh to
India was $267m, making trade gap of
$2049m, according to the Federation of
Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and
Industry.
Eight MoUs worth $75m were recently signed
between Indian firms and Bangladesh
companies in Chennai, according to Matlub.
MoU worth an initial sum of $5m was signed
for joint partnership between ARD Group and
Nittol Center for three wheelers, one worth
$20m was signed between Arma Group of
companies and UBE industries for
Infrastructure, $12.5m was signed between
Euro India Cylinders Limited and Dhaka
Cotton Company for the Manufacturing
Industry.
Similarly $2.5m was signed between Nittol
plastic Industries and Container seals and
Industries for the Plastic Industry, $5m was
signed between Good Lift tyre and FAS
Finance and Investment Limited for tyre, $30m
was signed between Arvind Limited with Nittol
Motors Limited for the textile sector.
Param Projects signed an MoU with Aamra
Technologies Limited for global outreach in
the market for e-commerce as an expression
of Interest and Novel Soft Pvt Ltd signed an
MoU with Aamra Technologies for Software
Development.
Bangladesh exports goods including raw jute,
jute goods, frozen food, agri-products, woven
garments, knitwear, leather and chemical
products and imports goods including
automobile, textiles and textile articles,
products of the chemical or allied industries,
machinery and mechanical appliances and
etc.

Many Indian firms look for investment in Bangladesh | Dhaka Tribune

Pran food company has found a unusual deep roots in states like Assam ,manipur and (plz any confirm) We.
pran lichi drinks and potato crackers are selling like hot cakes.not to mention every expo organized in Assam do contain 2-3 BD based shop. synergy of cooperation is going on although as usual only negative stuffs get highlights, thnx to media TRP.

India blocked natural flow of all common rivers in BD.

We only block natural flow rivers in India, we are yet to learn to block it in BD.

BSF is killing innocent bangladeshi citizens at border with out any proof.

If there is no proof of killing. then whats the problem????

What type of emotion from young bangladeshi citizens do you want who all got birth after 1971?

There are many types of emotions... like fear, anger, sadness,joy, disgust,trust, anticipation, surprise etc.... Everybody is free to choose whatever they like.

Are not enough to start hating India?

More than enough... better late than never, StarT it FasT and be furiouS.

India blocked natural flow of all common rivers in BD. BSF is killing innocent bangladeshi citizens at border with out any proof.

What type of emotion from young bangladeshi citizens do you want who all got birth after 1971? Are not enough to start hating India?

Why don't you take these matters formally to India ? Why don't your Govt act on that ? Why don't your youth rather than sitting in an online forum and abusing, do some proactive work and fight the situation. If required why don't you bring those up in International level ?

The fact of the matter is most of the current generation BD youth's after a certain time, abandon their country and go and settle in US,Europe and other parts of the World, never to return.

I can counter your statements but won't do that now. If you feel injustice is happening, you should have acted on that. I think that would have been a better response rather than sitting in an online forum and fuming and cursing. Will this serve any purpose ? It won't. These are just time pass and frustrations are reflected, nothing else. If this is the process you adopt to fight reality, then things will never change, even after generations.

Bdw I won't agree with your statement that majority of Bangladeshi youths in reality, have similar views to BD members in PDF. Even PDF has quite a few sane Bangladeshis, I have observed that. But other than that group, rest of the PDF BD's come here to cry and curse India, to get a good sleep at night.

Thank You!

UR bufonay wouldn't get any ground if U knew that 'Bangladesh'
word was born way before 1947 in Tagore, Bankim's write ups, thanks Indian.
now please repeat after me"-Both Tagore and Bankim Chandra Chatterjee were Indian Nationalists and not Bangladeshis:laughcry:

noakhali is more beautiful place then your dirty westbengal.

20well-calcutta-slide-DLPN-jumbo.jpg
you are accusing Bengal of being dirty!man i have visited Bangladesh on numerous occasion and trust me dhaka qualifies as the dirtiest city in the whole Indian sub continent region!
24165983.jpg

now please repeat after me"-Both Tagore and Bankim Chandra Chatterjee were Indian Nationalists and not Bangladeshis:laughcry:

Bengali nationalist, not bharoti. A commendable ideology. We want poschimbanga back too :flame: and then we shall colonize bharot once again

Isn't that a common feeling under any negotiations, where you feel you could have gotten a better deal.

We didn't get anything. And neither did we expect awami malauns to secure anything.

I think the most important issue between india and bangladesh is lack of effective communication, India has expectations from bangladesh and vice a versa , both sides expect the other side to deliver, and both sides under-perform, out of the frustrations of under-performing bilateral relations,

India has lollypop absurd expectations from BD. Your post proves that U don't know jack indo-BD relations or the perception of Bangladeshis.

if one side takes up the challenge to deliver on the expectations unilaterally, they are considered "biased", case and point AL.

AL gave away everything for nothing. Even 96 Gengess water treaty have numerous flaws & even a smaller country than BD could have secured much more provided it didn't have slaves in power. U talking about a party that came to power with Indian backing after a Indian backed coup in 2007 and currently depends on India to survive in the backdrop of a non-existent domestic political base.

The most important issue for India and Bangladesh needs to be effective resolution of immigration, where India needs to take the initiative to nullify border shooting. Mexico poses immigration issues to US, but us border patrol doesn't shoot at people crossing over illegally. I find border shooting incidences to be horrific and unjust and it needs to stop. On the flip side, bangladesh needs to help India curb illegal immigration from their side.

Don't flatter yourselves and come out of your fantasy world. Coming up with absurd myth of "illegal" BDs in India to sooth your sorry selves won't change the reality. What makes U think BDs would go to a impoverished garbage dump risking bullet? India is NOT US and neither the per capita economic disparity between BD & India is so grave like US & mexico. As i said before U live in your self made bollywood world perceiving things the the way it suits your fantasy. This thread is a good example of the myopic aggorant perception of Indian regarding BD.

Bangladesh needs to take a few steps to be more pro-India in international forums and balancing china indian equation.

Translation: BD must completely surrender to Indian hegemony & simply accept its fate as a poodle.

Since when exactly did our interest ever coincided? Does it make sense for interest of 2 countries with such vast disparity (power) to coincide? And why we need to back India against china and take sides. India is no US in north-america and would never be one. Asia is multi-polar in regional power dynamics and country of 160 mn don't need to abide by absurd demands of any regional deluded power. We are not bhutan and neither would awami low lives will be ruling for ever to boot lick India. The sooner U realize it the better.

But the thing is many Bangladeshis will smile and say 'India is our closest friend' in front.

Then they will go home, shut the door, login to online forum and start quoting, 'There can't be a bigger enemy like India'.

@ India !!! as a friend ! Are you mad ?????

@ India can always be compared with snake ????? It is the reality.

@ Never, never believe India.

@ India is killing our people at the border.

@ India is blocking the international rivers ???

@ India is a safe heaven for our terrorist specially Awami Leaque.

@ India is always making conspiracy to stop our labour market both in Middle East and South East.

@ India is always instigatung to destroy our garment industries.

@ India is the main obstackle to explore our natural resources.
@ And so on--------????????

Back
Top Bottom