What's new

Is India our friend?

Marginalization of bengalies within Pakistan occurred for political reason. I would agree with you that it was not the utopia that was envisioned but it does not logically follow that internal Muslim rivalry invalidates the reasoning behind the need for two nation to exist.

Two nation was always about the need for the Muslim minority to be protected from the hindutva agenda, the plight of the Muslim in India can not be dismissed merely by saying that it s their fault. Your system may be utopian but reality is anything but. Institutional discrimination is the order of the day.

Institutional discrimination against Bengalis in Pakistan lead to the breakup of Pakistan, the two wings however retains their islamic heritage as their raison d'être and until and unless one or both of them wish to merge back with India the two nation theory remains more than a theory, it is a manifest reality.

Marginalization of bengalies within Pakistan occurred for political reason. I would agree with you that it was not the utopia that was envisioned but it does not logically follow that internal Muslim rivalry invalidates the reasoning behind the need for two nation to exist.

Two nation was always about the need for the Muslim minority to be protected from the hindutva agenda, the plight of the Muslim in India can not be dismissed merely by saying that it s their fault. Your system may be utopian but reality is anything but. Institutional discrimination is the order of the day.

Institutional discrimination against Bengalis in Pakistan lead to the breakup of Pakistan, the two wings however retains their islamic heritage as their raison d'être and until and unless one or both of them wish to merge back with India the two nation theory remains more than a theory, it is a manifest reality.

Two nation theory aside. The northern states of Subcontinent, Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, KPK, Are ethnically and culturally different from rest of subcontinent. I think, as Bangladeshis, it might be more clear to you. But we are Muslims, and this is what connects us with the Muslim world.

Is India BD's friend? Anyone is Anyone friend as long as their interests coincide. If the number of coinciding interests is more than the non-coinciding ones, they are not friends anymore.

Both India and BD value their sovereignty. Largely the border between these two is peaceful. Unlike China that keeps claiming large tracts of neighbors land and sea, India does not do that.

India's concerns are being taken care of by BD - by not allowing anti-India activities on its soil.

India tries to give more credit lines and businesses to BD.

If BD is comparing this to China and belittling India, then they should see the size of economies between India and China and then talk. else thats only needling a country which is extending a helping hand in its own right.

If India thinks it can run over BD or if BD thinks it can needle India's secessionist movements, the friendship ends.

Marginalization of bengalies within Pakistan occurred for political reason. I would agree with you that it was not the utopia that was envisioned but it does not logically follow that internal Muslim rivalry invalidates the reasoning behind the need for two nation to exist..

To play devils advocate, Two Nation theory is mostly bogus. Hindus and Muslims live fine in India (and other countries in the world as US/UK/etc), and the condition of Muslims as a whole is definitely better i nIndia than Pak or BD. Economically they are definitely the poorest class in India, but you have got to keeo in perspective that Indian Average income (on per capita basis) is 45% more than Pakistan and 2.5 times Bangladesh if going by WOrld Bank statistics of 2013. Even if Indian Muslims fall at the very bottom of the Indian society, they are still better off than Pakistanis or BDeshis economically.

Two nation theory was mostly a political gamble "bluff" played by the Muslim League to try and get more economic rights for Muslims in British India. It was essentially a move by Muslims where they said "Give us money or we will seperate". This is shown by the fact that initially Jinnah accepted the Cabinet Mission PLan and said there would be no seperate Pakistan.

What happened to Two Nation Theory then? DId the Cabinet Misssion plan convert 100% of India into Muslims, if as per two nation theory Hindus and Muslims cannot live together? No, simply Muslim League got a lot of extra economic and political powers, which was then rightly rejected by Congress and partition went through.

Also, if you are such a firm believer in Two Nation theory, of Hindus and Muslims being two different people and not being able to live together, why dont you start implementing that in your own country where 10% are non-Muslims, specifically make a seperate country for the 7% or so Hindus?

Institutional discrimination against Bengalis in Pakistan lead to the breakup of Pakistan, the two wings however retains their islamic heritage as their raison d'être and until and unless one or both of them wish to merge back with India the two nation theory remains more than a theory, it is a manifest reality

Again if you are such a strong proponent of Two Nation Theory, why dont you create a new country for Bangladeshi Hindus by giving them 7% of your land, as according to Two Nation Theory, you(BD Muslims) and them(BD HIndus/Non-Muslims) are different people? After all, you seem pretty steadfast in your stand that it is a manifest reality...

With the amount of discrimination that goes on against Hindus in Pak/BD, you guys should keep your trap shut about how we treat Indian Muslims. The fact that we did not completely slaughter them off like you Muslims have done in your countries is already a wonder...

Eloquently spun propaganda, but the success of the Indian democracy also leads to marginal representation of Muslims in all sectors of your public and administrative sectors. The success of your democracy leads to the destruction of Babri mosque. Please don't bring out the success of the khans of Bollywood or Muslims presidents.... They are mere tokens.... The plight of the Muslims in India has transformed the two nation theory into fact. BD is a Muslim country as is Pakistan ..... 1971 did not abrogate the two nation theory, that can only be if BD ceased to be a sovereign entity. As to democracy in BD or Pakistan, you seem to forget that the economic, social, psychological impact of 47 was a heck of a lot greater for the two wings of Pakistan. India in comparison was gifted a stable civil service and military infrastructure by the British. The shock of separation and the continuous war footing meant that strong men came to rule Pakistan and BD. in the case of BD I believe in me democracy will be permanently embedded like India.

Funny you Muslims cry about that one Babri Masjid when just in the last year, your Islamic terrorist Razaakars broke down 13 temples and killed so many Hindus in BD. The day when BD stops treating its Hindus like 2nd class citizens, then have the gall to come and talk to India about minority rights...

LoL,what joke,gratitude my ***.country's who call other countries friend don't plan and execute master plan of destruction towards their friend.And sad but true we would have come victorious eventually without India's help in long run.May be it would have killed half the population and took 2/3 years.Yes ,no more than that .Look at history, Mighty/rich USA could not win Vietnam war or Korean War.Distance between two part ,dwindling reserve of cash, hostile territory, rainy season, malaria, zero food supply on and on and on .Don't forget Srilanka.with India for support and supply of illegal arms Tamil tigers raised hell for 26 years.without India's help united people of Srilanka won hands down albeit after millions of death.
You guys can rant till kingdom come,there is a new BANGLA for you-AEI SHOB AAR GHASH KHAENA.
Bottom line is - with friends like you who needs an enemy???:sniper:

Firstly we were forced into this war because of refugee situation and strategic interest was secondary. If the war did not spill into our nation we would have allowed you guys to fight your own battle for freedom.

Yours is the only case where the war was won in less than one month with India's help. Otherwise it could have lasted for 2/3 years as you say and a million more would have been killed. Which one would you have preferred???

Six point demand were made to federalise Pakistan..... It is unclear why you bounce from that to the secularist trend amongst BAL scums.

Given you did not know what the meaning of the flag is I will take your waffle about red headed god as utter nonsense.

Be a Bangladeshi nationalist, do not harp on about Pakistan. We stand on our own as we have done for centuries. We are the first Muslim entity in the subcontinent and we have come out of the British colonial period more or less intact. None of this had much to with the west. Have confidence in your own people.
In response to my satiric post, U acted like a knee jerking feriwala, my compatriot. But without taking 'Tit for tat' route, I would just ask U to read all points to find out on how conflicting it were to be the recipe for unification. So no, six points in reality weren't meant to federalize but to break up, which even BAL's scums glorified as their recipe for BD's creation. And that's why I mentioned BAL's name.

Now look, U don't know my whom about or perhaps perceive me as a core JI wala thus possesses more love for PAK than BD. But the fact of the matter is that my concern lies on losing 5/6th of the land that has become the most desirous thing by now as a trade off of Bharati's given Shadinota. Besides that if there is a contest on giving blood and materials for other compatriot's betterment, I doubt that U would come even close to me. So, please nothing personal as I very much respect UR patriotism, thanks.

First,i am not ARAB I am a Bangladeshi.second, no I am not your friend,and never will be. I described war strategy not economics. Third,people in our country started the war against autocratic gov.knowing fully aware they are going to their deaths.fourth,why didn't you save only the Hindus and leave the Muslims to their fate?if you don't know the answer, let me tell you its politics, India saw an opportunity which they seized greedily. If the role of Indo/BD were reverse we would have done the same thing.
And yes,I agree,you guys do not deserve our respect.that's why we do not show any.at least BSF have the guts to show what they really are.illegal killer boarder guards ,who kill viciously innocent village people in the name of protection.they are better compare to the rest of you,who claims to be our friends, then keep stabbing us from behind.
And with your vulgar post you just confirmed my earlier statement. So beat it.

Yeah right then dont cry next time BSF shot people next time on border call them murder or whatever, we took pity on your genocide and rescued you, why did we waste our ammo and soldiers lives on ungrateful people, should have left you in state of Darfur.
Btw, what is vulgar in my post? What is there for you to confirm from my statement since you always considered us enemies to me it looks like you already made up your mind.why bother witch niceties.

Funny you Muslims cry about that one Babri Masjid when just in the last year, your Islamic terrorist Razaakars broke down 13 temples and killed so many Hindus in BD. The day when BD stops treating its Hindus like 2nd class citizens, then have the gall to come and talk to India about minority rights...

Not a single people died in that awami orchestrated ransacking of some temples. U don't know jack about the BS U are uttering. 2nd class citizens? Lol minorities live as kings in BD just like in every muslim majority state. But then again myth and hyperbole propaganda is the only weapons that chanakyan opportunist can rely on.

Not a single people died in that awami orchestrated ransacking of some temples. U don't know jack about the BS U are uttering. 2nd class citizens? Lol minorities live as kings in BD just like in every muslim majority state. But then again myth and hyperbole propaganda is the only weapons that chanakyan opportunist can rely on.

Hindus live like kings? BS. 13 temples destroyed by Islamic terrorists (doesnt matter bnp or awami, still muslim islamic terrorists) in the last year alone. While Babri Masjid was once in 65 years ... shows you what a poisonous mentality islam gives its worshippers....

Hindus live like kings? BS. 13 temples destroyed by Islamic terrorists (doesnt matter bnp or awami, still muslim islamic terrorists) in the last year alone. While Babri Masjid was once in 65 years ... shows you what a poisonous mentality islam gives its worshippers....

You should visit BD to see for yourself the "plight" of minorities.

Muslims are nearly 13-15% of India but their representation in Indian civil and military forces are not more than 4% and even this 4% is doing low level jobs. Better to read Sachal comission report and ask your Govt to implement it.

Two nation theory was correct and will always remain correct as the conditions of muslims in India proves its correct where muslims are still living like Dalits and forced to live in ghetto.

Back
Top Bottom