What's new

Is India on its way to becoming a superpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this link has been posted.

Vision 2030: Superpower India | Deccan Chronicle

Beautiful video. :rofl:

From the Deccan Chronicle link:

A video clip titled India in 2030, from the Kannada film Super, is gaining a lot of popularity.

The seven-minute YouTube video portrays a new India 18 years hence.

Though the video has been in circulation for quite sometime now, the success of the Agni-V missile has apparently led to the video going viral.

Mayuukh Vashney, a student, said, “I think producing videos such as Indian in 2030 is the people’s way of showing their enthusiasm and love for the country. Such events definitely inspire us.”

India In 2030 - YouTube

I have seen the infrastructure in Beijing & Shanghai.

Indian cities are easily 30/40 years behind.

To be fair, those are the cities. On a per capita basis, our infrastructure is still highly insufficient, we need to build more.

pretty similar to Shanghai in 2000.

I heard that Shanghai was well developed a very long time ago, even when HK when poor.

That's what my parents told me anyway.

the video shows white people cleaning up floors and all.

thats racist and offensive

To be fair, those are the cities. On a per capita basis, our infrastructure is still highly insufficient, we need to build more.

Thats alright but India need to invest more in infrastructure.

1 trillion USD over 10 years has been projected as potential investment, how much actually goes in and how benefit ppl get is yet to be seen.

This is one area where Indian must learn from China.

Corrupt bureaucracy & Incompetent democracy is not allowing India to grow.

Yea and Chinese cities are 30/40 years behind USA.

That means India is 80 years behind USA :D

So where its is 2012 in USA, India has only reached where USA was in 1932 :D

Heck, even by that time, Empire State Building was build, I say India is 90 years behind....1922 :D

Yea and Chinese cities are 30/40 years behind USA.

That means India is 80 years behind USA :D

Thats debatable but infrastructure depends on the no. of people it needs to support.

In that sense, since India has the higher density of people living per square kilometer as compared to US & China, well India may never catch up with them until there is a correction in no. of cities and population per city.

India will beat China in population by 2025 and things will only get worse if no money is put in infrastructure.

Thats debatable but infrastructure depends on the no. of people it needs to support.

In that sense, since India has the higher density of people living per square kilometer as compared to US & China, well India may never catch up with them until there is a correction in no. of cities and population per city.

India will beat China in population by 2025 and things will only get worse if no money is put in infrastructure.

I honestly think that Mother Nature will correct the problem of over population.

Some new disease like Bubonic Plague II, will emerge and wipe out billions and restoring the population balance.

There are just way to many people in this world and that is definitely going to give rise to new diseases.

I honestly think that Mother Nature will correct the problem of over population.

Some new disease like Bubonic Plague II, will emerge and wipe out billions and restoring the population balance.

There are just way to many people in this world and that is definitely going to give rise to new diseases.

Very much possible...

1. If one follows Indian media she has been a super power a long time ago. But the truth has been told by Sashi Tharoor, MP, former UN diplomat, writer and intellectual. He says his country is not a Super Power but a Super Poor. Look at the fol indicators:

a. Let's take the mily component first. Where is the moral of an army whose Chief (including the new one) is going in and out of courts? Answer: In the boots, Sir.
b. What is the state of tanks, canons, rifles, aircraft carriers, fighters? Answer: Some tanks have the habit of falling into ditches. Canons are outdated according to the Chief. Rifles are awful as per media reports. Don't get the impression that IN has many many ACs. She has none in hand. The one meant to be scrapped by the Russians is being refitted for ever, and in the bargain one Sardar Commodore has also lost his job. The procuring process of aircraft is so mystical that these become old by the time they arrive; and begin crashing. The rate of crashes in IAF has placed it permanently on the Guinness Record.

b. How much of the land mass or the people of India are truly under control of GOI? Barely half.

c. How happy and cohesive are Indians? How strong are cast division, religious division, ethnic divide and linguistic differences? Pretty strong.

d. Who among India's neighbors will be supportive of her in case of a war? None. (Bhutan is under India's control for all practical purposes.)

e. Which neighbor will like to settle scores with an unsettled India? Which neighbor will like to redraw boundaries in case of a disintegration of India? Answer to both is: all.

f. If India is free then how come a foreigner is calling all the shots? Beats me. But she and her two sisters have so much of money in Swiss accounts that a general withdrawal may cause a run on the bank.

2. A nation that is internally weak, is a weak nation. Example is India.

I heard that Shanghai was well developed a very long time ago, even when HK when poor.

That's what my parents told me anyway.

Most indians don't realize the huge gap imposed to them and their children by the regime in new delhi.

Shanghai in 2012:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6822/mfd0y.jpg

Driving in Shanghai, 2010
Driving in Shanghai 1080p HD - YouTube

there are HUGE problem for india in the years to come:

1. with these increased population, they need education and employment. when they grow up, they will start to question why everything in india is behind its opponent China. the regime in new delhi will be forced to answer it, one way or another.

2. with the current Chinese construction boom, all those resources required to build up some infrastructure is now more expensive for india.

3. the fake democracy system in india is not providing any economic benefit, but it will slow down such infrastructure construction. just think about one thing: how many indians will be happy to cry hard to slow down a project and bring more compensation? fairness for involved family/individuals are for another thread, for the country it is clearly a problem not an advantage.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom