What's new

Is ‘Hindu’ our National Identity?

We can have same foods or language but still will have many differences because of different religion which influence culture to great extent

You are beginning to get it now. Reference my reply of collective unconscious to Razia.

On India and Pakistan, related to this topic, the world over, India is seen as a cultural construct, Pakistan as a religious one.

Yet till you say you are Pakistani, how you look and speak and dress and eat, puts you in the "Indian" basket.

Till you say you are Pakistani. Then you still get seen as not-Indian, but now also as Muslims, tagging you culturally to all that is Indian, and in terms of religion as all that is Muslim. The world over.

In effect you are seen as (not) Indian Muslims.

Hope I am making sense.

Last edited:
India is multi ethnic country, you cant call every one hindu in terms of nationality. Because that term was reserved only for people who lived in sindh. The people living in NE, Assam and in south India will not going to be measured with this definition, as its not applicable for them even though they practise the same religion.
Sorry to break your bubble,
Assamese are hindus.
So are South Indians(being a south Indian myself) hindus.
What is funny is a Pakistani sitting in Pakistan giving lectures about how and what should we be called as per his logic.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry to break your bubble,
Assamese are hindus.
So are South Indians(being a south Indian myself) hindus.
What is funny is a Pakistani sitting in Pakistan giving lectures about how and what should we be called as per his logic.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Tell me do Hindu laws apply to Muslims, Indian and parsis living in India? It simply prove my point

The "Indian culture" you speak of is what is represented by the world Hindu.

And Yes, the word were used by muslim invaders and settlers because they always saw this land and its people as Hindu. Muslims felt safe enough in this land to refer to its name as Hindustan. Till they wanted "Pakistan" which if you see is similar to "Hindustan".

Even today in the Middle East Indian muslims are called Hindus.

The word hindu in the specific word 'Hindustan' is sindhu. It was not only the invaders but also majority of muslim poulations who referred to this place as 'Hindustan' with no pejorative emphasis as per their culture. The rest is you cooking up things to make it sound like it was something else.

You are beginning to get it now. Reference my reply of collective unconscious to Razia.
Its actually you who is struggling to understand the difference between culture/ethnicity and religion and how religion influence or dominate certain cultural practices which it see as unislamic

I lot of what I refer to is not conscious or voluntary or cognitive.

It is our collective unconscious, as Carl Gustav Jung would put it. It does not matter what your conscious mind remembers. Its hard coded into your DNA now.

Bhakt going about cooking their own history. No- the people of this land do not come from 'Hindu culture'. The mulsims who live here have a completely different culture. That is a fact. Bhakt can cook up history and spew BS it don't change anything.

Tell me do Hindu laws apply to Muslims, Indian and parsis living in India? It simply prove my point
There is no parsi law,christian law,muslim law.
Only in matters related to marriage etc. are personal laws written.
Rest follow the same IPC.
Even those personal laws will be abolished and a Uniform Civil Code will be implemented soon.

Its actually you who is struggling to understand the difference between culture/ethnicity and religion and how religion influence or dominate certain cultural practices which it see as unislamic

Its got nothing to do with your Islamic rules which you consciously think about and follow to the T or what you see or do not.

Its what you were born with.

No newborn is Hindu or Muslim. They become and are brought up as Hindus or Muslims. Think about that.

Even those personal laws will be abolished and a Uniform Civil Code will be implemented soon.
Why marriage and divorce laws are different when all indian have common identity of Hinduism? Why beef should be forbidden for Muslim when they love to eat it?

I lot of what I refer to is not conscious or voluntary or cognitive.

It is our collective unconscious, as Carl Gustav Jung would put it. It does not matter what your conscious mind remembers. Its hard coded into your DNA now.
Do you say that DNA of pre-aryan indians, aryans who came 3000 yrs ago and those who came in last 1000 years have become same?

Same question regarding Kashmiris, Bengalis and other Indian Muslims that used to live in subcontinent, also called Hindustan until 1947! :D

Do you know historically geographic location east of Indus was called Indian Subcontinent/India/Hind/Hindustan? Kashmiris & Bengalis, India, Pakistan's Punjab & Sindh fall in that geographic area not Baluchistan, KPK & FATA. If you have your own definition of Indian Subcontinent than you are free to call all the world Hindustan.

Marriage and Inheritance actually. Rest I agree of course.

Modi ji for Uniform Civil Code!

Do you know historically geographic location east of Indus was called Indian Subcontinent/India/Hind/Hindustan? Kashmiris & Bengalis, India, Pakistan's Punjab & Sindh fall in that geographic area not Baluchistan, KPK & FATA. If you have your own definition of Indian Subcontinent than you are free to call all the world Hindustan.

Yes, I agree with your definition of Hindustan being land east of river indus. Fata and balochistan were historically parts of Afghanistan and Persian Empire before taken by British in wars.

Why marriage and divorce laws are different when all indian have common identity of Hinduism? Why beef should be forbidden for Muslim when they love to eat it?

Its your religion that defines what you can eat, but its your tradition that defines how you cook it :D

Its got nothing to do with your Islamic rules which you consciously think about and follow to the T or what you see or do not.

Its what you were born with.

No newborn is Hindu or Muslim. They become and are brought up as Hindus or Muslims. Think about that.
I love Islam and its you actually who decide what religion is best for you when you become adult and get ability of reasoning and thinking ..before that its your parent who decide religion for you and make you muslim hindu chriistian etc. Its what you think is matter and its useless what x y z did practice thousands year ago

Do you say that DNA of pre-aryan indians, aryans who came 3000 yrs ago and those who came in last 1000 years have become same?

There are scientific studies and quite a lot of data.

The more sex you have, the farther afield your sperm travels, the more one you become.

We've had about easily 10000 years of sex between all of us.

How do you think we grew to 1.25 billion? When it comes to sex we are not really picky and choosy. Civilizational quantities of spermatozoa have made us one people. Hindu.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom