What's new

Is ‘Hindu’ our National Identity?

How much my forefathers will matter to me depends on how many generations I remember. I only remember the name of my great grandfather not before that. So how does it matter what my forefathers believed 5000 years ago. There is a strong belief (no proof) in my family that our forefathers came from central asia some 600 years ago, in the same way brahmins in our village claim that they are aryans who came from central asia about 3000 years ago. Now we both have strong love for our land and soil, we speak the same language, we are similar on so many counts and yet we are distinct and opposed to each other on as many counts and we have been living peacefully for ages.

I lot of what I refer to is not conscious or voluntary or cognitive.

It is our collective unconscious, as Carl Gustav Jung would put it. It does not matter what your conscious mind remembers. Its hard coded into your DNA now.

Yes, they should. There is a reason why they still regard themselves as Arabs first and Muslims after. Arab is their nationality or ethnic origin, so comes the religion that can be Islam, Druze, Judaism or Christianity!

Exactly.

explain !
The role Indian Muslims have played in developing and maintaining your Bollywood industry? It means that they are very much able to integrate in broader society if they are given the opportunity and not discriminated against!

Islam is to Arabs as Hinduism is to Indians.

Not just Saudi Arabs, but all Arabs.

Similarly not jst Indians, but equally Pakistanis, Nepalis, Bhutanese, Bangladeshis, Burmese and Sri Lankans.

Wrong comparison !

Do not compare Arabs with Hindus.

The role Indian Muslims have played in developing and maintaining your Bollywood industry? It means that they are very much able to integrate in broader society if they are given the opportunity and not discriminated against!

Bollywood is all about talent , if one has the talent he/she will succeed.

Other reason is Urdu, which has poetic words from Persian. Also Muslims has some good musicians.

Explain why.

Why wrong. Why not comparable.

Check my post above!

Bollywood is all about talent , if one has the talent he/she will succeed.

Other reason is Urdu, which has poetic words from Persian. Also Muslims has some good musicians.

See, its all about merit. Meritocracy should be the standard in all walks and branches of society, not religion, ethnicity, race or whatever BS! :D

Islam is to Arabs as Hinduism is to Indians.

Not just Saudi Arabs, but all Arabs.

Similarly not jst Indians, but equally Pakistanis, Nepalis, Bhutanese, Bangladeshis, Burmese and Sri Lankans.
You are jahil and stop talking non sense. Arabs were pagans , Christians, jews or even atheist before converting into Islam and most Arabs gave up those un_islamic practices of their forefathers and adopted Islam. They even used to drink wine before ..

Similarly many muslims in this region might have forefathers who use to practices different religion before converting into Islam. Their next generation were born as Muslims and have nothing to do with Hinduism. We love to eat beef and our marrige and divorce laws are not same as those of follower of Hinduism. Indian muslim can marry with Pakistani Muslim but he cannot marry with Hindu because it will not be valid according to their religion :P

Damn true. Arabs used to be Christians and even Jews when Islam came along. All Arabs were not pagans like people of Mecca and Medina! :D

Aaaaah true. I meant the Arabs of the Gulf states. Not African Arabs or Asian ones.

There are many reasons, like tolerance, racism, progressive society etc...etc...

We are not talking about their characteristics as people, but the comparison between them as a people and their parent faith, regardless of current political nationalities or their so-called identities.

Indian muslim can marry with Pakistani Muslim but he cannot marry with Hindu because it will not be valid according to their religion :P

Unless the Indian or Pakistani non-muslim converts. Then its more the merrier! :enjoy:

Yes, they should. There is a reason why they still regard themselves as Arabs first and Muslims after. Arab is their nationality or ethnic origin, so comes the religion that can be Islam, Druze, Judaism or Christianity!
You are confuse between ethnicity and religion. Arabs is ethinicity while islam is religion. Arab can be pagan, jews or Muslims. Indian and Pakistani is also nationality and they can be follower of any religion. You can be punjabi and Muslim. You can be punjabi and sikh or Hindu. We can have same foods or language but still will have many differences because of different religion which influence culture to great extent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom