What's new

Is Asad Umar Finance Minister a failing minister, unable to fix Pakistan economy?

Look the government has to get used to criticism and massive improvement.

I agree give sum more time to PTI govt BUT - 4 months Asad Umar was announced as future Finance Minister of Pakistan and actually 5+ years every tom, dick and harry knew he will be FM. The fact is I voted PTI myself, but Asad Umar doesnot look a man of iniative, take hard steps and help our poor nation come out of Financial crisis, the evidence of truth is the so-called mini-budget which is actually 10 month a full budget, and everything Asad is saying Austerity measures, end subsides, increase Taxes is completely what IMF is saying.

Asad Umar is totally toeing IMF line, there is no homework, this idiot took things for granted regarding Pakistan’s economy. What decisions Asad made are clearly IMF ordered and not brave, and people friendly.

Fact is Saudi Arabia other than giving protocols has not given $10billion. Fact is CPEC deals are not shown to public of Pakistan, fact is Asad Umar economic team has to improve and add more finance experts. Dr Ishrat Hussain needs to be given more powers and more cloud with old ppl added who knows actual problems of Pakistani economy.

Dude I have paid all my taxes and that too paying extra taxes after failing Finance Minister increased taxes. This idiot has no homework done and Pakistanis need to wake up and amend and control things before our Economy heads to disasater thinking give time to govt, & thinking all is good. LoL.

You can talk all rosy all u want but we are sufferring due to increased taxes, high electricity bills, no water and expensive patrol and high gas prices.

You can live in lala land but fact is fact.
71 years of screw up cannot be fixed in 7.1 weeks. Your expectations are not realistic. If you have paid your direct taxes then you are a very small minority. I will give the government 2 years which if fair as compared to the 4 decades of loot maar by the corrupt dictators and politicians. Subsidies on every thing is a failed policy to begin with. If a passenger pays Rs. 25 on a private bus from Islamabad to Pindi, then he can pay less like Rs.20 or Rs. 17 on the metro, but Rs. 10 is too low to subsidize in a country full of tax thieves.

Yep, he is a big failure, how come he didn't turnaround the flailing economy within two weeks of taking over.

Is Asad Umar Finance Minister a failing minister, unable to fix Pakistan economy?

Almost everyone is started to notice Asad Umar loud talker policies and plans are not good. He has not done anything drastic except following IMF mantra.

Finance Minister Economic Adviser team is weak and useless, where are the experts and professionals of PTI we have in big number doing to fix Pak economy.

• Tax has been levied against same Salaried Professionals who already pay tax before. No agriculture tax, no rich elite taxed
  • Limit of Taxable income has been decreased from 12 lakh to even less than 4 lakh, poor salaried pakistanis are being taxed
  • Electricity is becoming more expensive than ever before
  • Petrol prices will increase from 1-Oct again
  • Gas prices raised again
  • Daily item price hike is again increasing
  • The so-called mini-budget is actually 10 month budget and its nearly full budget
  • The so called poor and salaried professionals have not been given actual relief asper finance minister Asad Umar.

Lastly, Asad Umar was announced Finance Minister 4 months ago, and he has no plan, no homework, and no work done.

Please share your views before Pakistan goes bankcrupt, and exonomy becomes disaster, either remove him or bring more economic and financial professionals in his economic team - PTI seriously need advice and more intense study.

Almost everyone is started to notice Asad Umar loud talker policies and plans are not good. He has not done anything drastic except following IMF mantra.

Finance Minister Economic Adviser team is weak and useless, where are the experts and professionals of PTI we have in big number doing to fix Pak economy.

• Tax has been levied against same Salaried Professionals who already pay tax before. No agriculture tax, no rich elite taxed
  • Limit of Taxable income has been decreased from 12 lakh to even less than 4 lakh, poor salaried pakistanis are being taxed
  • The so-called mini-budget is actually 10 month budget and its nearly full budget
  • The so called poor and salaried professionals have not been given actual relief asper finance minister Asad Umar.

Lastly, Asad Umar was announced Finance Minister 4 months ago, and he has no plan, no homework, and no work done.

Please share your views before Pakistan goes bankcrupt, and exonomy becomes disaster, either remove him or bring more economic and financial professionals in his economic team - PTI seriously need advice and more intense study.
Time do kch tu..2 din main results chahiay tumko.

I agree give sum more time to PTI govt BUT - 4 months Asad Umar was announced as future Finance Minister of Pakistan and actually 5+ years every tom, dick and harry knew he will be FM. The fact is I voted PTI myself, but Asad Umar doesnot look a man of iniative, take hard steps and help our poor nation come out of Financial crisis, the evidence of truth is the so-called mini-budget which is actually 10 month a full budget, and everything Asad is saying Austerity measures, end subsides, increase Taxes is completely what IMF is saying.

Asad Umar is totally toeing IMF line, there is no homework, this idiot took things for granted regarding Pakistan’s economy. What decisions Asad made are clearly IMF ordered and not brave, and people friendly.

Fact is Saudis other than giving protocol has not given $10billion. Fact is CPEC deals are not shown to public of Pakistan, fact is Asad Umar economic team has to improve and add more finance experts. Dr Ishrat Hussain needs to be given more powers and more cloud with old ppl added who knows actual problems of Pakistani economy.

So, why don't you want to give him more time when you agree we should?

My understanding is, Saudi's were never asked to give $10B. They agreed to invest $10B in an Oil City, particularly in establishing an Oil refinery. Now, in first week of October, a Saudi delegation is visiting, to chalk out details of their role and limitations. Maybe we will hear of a consortium that will overlook these investments and projects that come under its umbrella, with more details of Saudi's involvement and how they plan to invest those $10B. Believing, $10B should have arrived in our forex reserves yesterday, is at the least, a simpleton notion. I am not an economists but I am pretty confident that investments don't work like that.

but we can surley turn a ferrari into bolan in no time

a 9 month period seems like the best option

after 9 monthes

mubarak bhai jee----

kya hy---

larka
ya larki

..... sory we are not sure -----doctors report...

“Patience is a conquering virtue. The learned say that, if it not desert you, It vanquishes what force can never reach; Why answer back at every angry speech? No, learn forbearance or, I’ll tell you what, You will be taught it, whether you will or not.”
— Geoffrey Chaucer

Have a great day!

Interest payments alone are at 1.842 trillion, now instead of being insulting and posting comments like:
How did you fall in the fields of a wanna be economist? :unsure:

I suggest you remember this is a discussion forum and people are free to discuss whatsoever they want in a polite and structured manner. If you disagree with my concerns above, kindly rebuke using empirical information from the presented budget or previous fiscal calculations
And boom! You didnt understand what I wrote AT ALL?! :o:

I have confidence in my govt and I would give them 1 yr to show something before I would react to them...its called enough information...WE all know our media gives half baked stories, we also know that some stuff is never discussed and then we always have something in the pipeline...THAT is why I said wait for the full story before reacting to mini stuff! :coffee:

Dude I have paid all my taxes and that too paying extra taxes after failing Finance Minister increased taxes. This idiot has no homework done and Pakistanis need to wake up and amend and control things before our Economy heads to disasater thinking give time to govt, & thinking all is good. LoL.

You can talk all rosy all u want but we are sufferring due to increased taxes, high electricity bills, no water and expensive patrol and high gas prices.

You can live in lala land but fact is fact.
Fact is PTI Government is 22 years and if you had wrong delusions that in month Pakistan will become heaven than you need to get yourself straight and practical. Things will be better but it will take time don't start grotesque threads

Lol some people are plain stupid. Its only been a month and this guy is calling Asad Umer a failing minister. Chutyapa to the extreme.

Lol some people are plain stupid. Its only been a month and this guy is calling Asad Umer a failing minister. Chutyapa to the extreme.

It's not hard to calculate the result on the actions being taken or will be taken in coming days.
If the economic situation remains on the same patterns as it was in Noon times, minister can't be called successful.

I don't know his way of work, but he must understand not to trust his own department, national and international bankers, and international monetary institutions. He needs a team out of these 3. Experts, he can also find in local universities.
If he doesn't do this and walks on the paths told by his own bureaucrat and bankers, he will utterly fail (fail means situation remains as it is and was in previous 10-20 years).
Signs show that he is working according to the suggestions of his department. Like the ban on registration of vehicles for non-filers.

Last edited:
Pakistan should declared itself as bankrupt

This the the only second solution if what our minister is doing, fails.

Patwaris... do you want this to happen?

The biggest achievement of this government so far is that we haven't gone to IMF and worldbank and now US is also ready to give us our due share in the WOT.. but we are not interested at the cost of our honor.. Isn't it the biggest achievement since Quaid e Azam dies 70 years ago?

Judging someone or even a government after 1 month of rule for fixing bullshit of 30years is ridiculous and childish

U want to asses a finance minister for his 30 days performance. How stupid is that.... Next 6 months will tell his tale for sure... till then let him work

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom