What's new

Is Asad Umar Finance Minister a failing minister, unable to fix Pakistan economy?

Is Asad Umar Finance Minister a failing minister, unable to fix Pakistan economy?

Isn't it a bit too early to judge him? It will take a little longer than just 33 days to clean up his predecessor's mess, don't you agree?

Give the government time. Since you are so critical have to paid all your due taxes to FBR? Let's start there?

Dude I have paid all my taxes and that too paying extra taxes after failing Finance Minister increased taxes. This idiot has no homework done and Pakistanis need to wake up and amend and control things before our Economy heads to disasater thinking give time to govt, & thinking all is good. LoL.

Since PTI has come in Government every person thinks he knows better than every one and goes and lecture PTI. They don't even realize that totally young team in KPK improved Police and Education and Health and Patwari system and even civil cases in Judicary in KPK are now getting resolved in less than a year time. Also tax collection increased massively in KPK. They did all this and they have not done any homework before coming to in Federal Government. Leave these people alone even if Pakistan manages to progress at the rate of 8 to 10 % for next 5 years these people will have some other thing to say
@AsianUnion

You can talk all rosy all u want but we are sufferring due to increased taxes, high electricity bills, no water and expensive patrol and high gas prices.

You can live in lala land but fact is fact.

Hmari economy 15 saal purani bolan hai jiski kabhi maintenance nahi HE cant turn it into ferrari give him time

but we can surley turn a ferrari into bolan in no time

Isn't it a bit too early to judge him? It will take a little longer than just 33 days to clean up his predecessor's mess, don't you agree?
a 9 month period seems like the best option

after 9 monthes

mubarak bhai jee----

kya hy---

larka
ya larki

..... sory we are not sure -----doctors report...

UK k saath deal ki kab tareef kar rahay hain aap? Miftah ismail ki gadhon wali tax khatam policy par kab tanqeed karnay ka irada hai?

jub deal ka koi result nikley ga, it was an MOU on Monday and became a deal on Tuesday...thinking people dont go for this crap

Asad Umar have 5 years. Compared to 2013, PTI have inherited heaven. In 2013 Pakistan was on verge of extinction.

Only thing is PTI made ridiculous claims of reducing all prices by cutting taxes. Forgetting the fact that 88% of taxes are indirect, official figures from FBR. Unlike the lies that are told by MQM etc supporters that Karachi pay 70% of direct tax.

If you cut indirect tax then country will not run. You have to tax oil, gas, electricity, import, export etc Poor and rich pays same tax.

For comparison indirect taxes in India make up 50-55%. At the same time their GDP to Tax ratio is also much more at 18% vs 12% for Pakistan.

???
Did you hit your head?

Do all three, YOLO.

Ditto! This is one of the golden truths that is finally dawning on the present government.
No I didn't hit my head, N i am confident of what i said, :-D or may be I am not getting what is being said here,

Asad Umar have 5 years. Compared to 2013, PTI have inherited heaven. In 2013 Pakistan was on verge of extinction.

Only thing is PTI made ridiculous claims of reducing all prices by cutting taxes. Forgetting the fact that 88% of taxes are indirect, official figures from FBR. Unlike the lies that are told by MQM etc supporters that Karachi pay 70% of direct tax.

If you cut indirect tax then country will not run. You have to tax oil, gas, electricity, import, export etc Poor and rich pays same tax.

For comparison indirect taxes in India make up 50-55%. At the same time their GDP to Tax ratio is also much more at 18% vs 12% for Pakistan.
Shit and i thought debt was higher and export lower in 2018 compared to that time

PTI is here to rule for another term - - ---Take your medication asap.
10 years are locked after fall of Sharif as retaining punjab is fairly easy if you play your cards right

I agree give sum more time to PTI govt BUT - 4 months Asad Umar was announced as future Finance Minister of Pakistan and actually 5+ years every tom, dick and harry knew he will be FM. The fact is I voted PTI myself, but Asad Umar doesnot look a man of iniative, take hard steps and help our poor nation come out of Financial crisis, the evidence of truth is the so-called mini-budget which is actually 10 month a full budget, and everything Asad is saying Austerity measures, end subsides, increase Taxes is completely what IMF is saying.

Asad Umar is totally toeing IMF line, there is no homework, this idiot took things for granted regarding Pakistan’s economy. What decisions Asad made are clearly IMF ordered and not brave, and people friendly.

Fact is Saudis other than giving protocol has not given $10billion. Fact is CPEC deals are not shown to public of Pakistan, fact is Asad Umar economic team has to improve and add more finance experts. Dr Ishrat Hussain needs to be given more powers and more cloud with old ppl added who knows actual problems of Pakistani economy.

I'm talking about overall security situation of 2013 and energy shortages.
Cherry picking aremt we :D

Debt and trade imbalance are the biggest issues we face it has brought our country at the brink of bankruptcy

I agree give sum more time to PTI govt BUT - 4 months Asad Umar was announced as future Finance Minister of Pakistan and actually 5+ years every tom, dick and harry knew he will be FM. The fact is I voted PTI myself, but Asad Umar doesnot look a man of iniative, take hard steps and help our poor nation come out of Financial crisis, the evidence of truth is the so-called mini-budget which is actually 10 month a full budget, and everything Asad is saying Austerity measures, end subsides, increase Taxes is completely what IMF is saying.

Asad Umar is totally toeing IMF line, there is no homework, this idiot took things for granted regarding Pakistan’s economy. What decisions Asad made are clearly IMF ordered and not brave.

Fact is Saudis other than giving protocol has not given $10billion. Fact is CLEC deals are not shown to public of Pakistan, fact is Asad Umar economic team has to improve and add more finance experts. Dr Ishrat Hussain needs to be given more powers and more cloud with old ppl added who knows actual problems of Pakistani economy.
Fact is you need to wait for next 6 months before making a judgment the holes last government left had to be filled

He is not failed, now he has access to actual govt financial record. Which is beyond his control. First he need to fix the economy then show the blunders of Nawaz govt. But, it seems Nawaz govt damages are beyond repair.

I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to PTI, first time a credible government has come in power after decades of status quo parties rule, they have done too much damage to economy, Godfather has got too many black sheeps in government instituitions, so they need to be kicked out, as I have previously said its going to take a long time to clean up the dirty mess from everything left behind.

Last edited:

Almost everyone is started to notice Asad Umar loud talker policies and plans are not good. He has not done anything drastic except following IMF mantra.

Finance Minister Economic Adviser team is weak and useless, where are the experts and professionals of PTI we have in big number doing to fix Pak economy.

• Tax has been levied against same Salaried Professionals who already pay tax before. No agriculture tax, no rich elite taxed
  • Limit of Taxable income has been decreased from 12 lakh to even less than 4 lakh, poor salaried pakistanis are being taxed
  • Electricity is becoming more expensive than ever before
  • Petrol prices will increase from 1-Oct again
  • Gas prices raised again
  • Daily item price hike is again increasing
  • The so-called mini-budget is actually 10 month budget and its nearly full budget
  • The so called poor and salaried professionals have not been given actual relief asper finance minister Asad Umar.

Lastly, Asad Umar was announced Finance Minister 4 months ago, and he has no plan, no homework, and no work done.

Please share your views before Pakistan goes bankcrupt, and exonomy becomes disaster, either remove him or bring more economic and financial professionals in his economic team - PTI seriously need advice and more intense study.

This finance bill by the New Government is only a corrective measure to the already presented and approved budget by a failed PMLN government with completely fudged figures as in unrealistic targets and allocations.

Anyone who expected anything more than a corrective measure by the New Government is either heavily biased or a complete fool.

PTI's first real budget would be presented in 2019. That will set the tone and direction of the economy.

This 2018 budget was made by PMLN to fool the people into believing in a sound economy when it was in total disarray and on the verge of disaster.

Back
Top Bottom