What's new

Is Asad Umar Finance Minister a failing minister, unable to fix Pakistan economy?

** Note I made a correction in totals mid way thru writing

The Tax Net will need to Expand in Pakistan

SMALL SHOP TAX
> Small Shops ----------------> Introduce Shop Monthly Licence Permit (1,000 Rupees)
  • Barbershop
  • Utility Shop which sells small items
  • Petrol Stations
  • Restaurant (Who sell breakfast, Lunch , Dinner)
  • Street sellers (really smaller sellers with no shop can be exempt)
  • Cell phone sellers
  • Cellphone cards sellers
  • Book sellers
  • Textile sellers

• If there are 40 Million shops (40,000,000 x 1000 Rupee = 40 Billion Rupees)
  • Converted to US Dollar -> 320 Million Dollar Monthly
  • 1 Year Collection -> 3.8 Billion Dollars Just from small permit

> Established Shops Franchise ---------> Introduce Monthly Licence Permit (10,000 Rupees)
  • McDonalds
  • Pizza Hut
  • Burger King
  • Baskin Robins
Assume there are 5000 franchises x 10,000 = 50,000,000 Million Rupees
400,000 USD

QURBANI TAX
Introduce Qurbani Animal Sale Tax per Animal (10,000 Rupees)

Reference:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1281203

Eidul Azha, sacrificing an estimated 2.5 million cows, bulls and buffaloes

2,500,000 x 10,000 = 25,000,000,000 Billion Rupees ~ 200 Million Dollar Collected

Targets well to do Middle Class to Upper class who do their Qurbani

ROAD TAX:

3 Million people travel on average in Cities on a Road

Bring Road Toll Tax

• Sell Permit to Drive on Main Roads (100 Rupee per month)

15 Cities x 3 Million Daily travelers x 100 Rupee permit
= 4.5 Billion Rupees
= 36 Million Dollar per month
=
432 Million Dollar per year

• Bring the people into of tax net
  • Taxi drivers
  • Bus Drivers
  • Rickshaw drivers
  • Motor cycle crazy riders
  • Extract money from drivers who use new roads but pay no tax
now-adbd9caf-8e57-4ece-bdb4-a72d6e6da1f4-1210-680.jpg

CONFISCATE WATER MAFIA MONEY:

** 50,000 Tankers make daily trip in Karachi Collect 6,000 Rupee charge

50,000 x 6,000 Rupee x 365 days = 109,500,000,000 Billion rupees or
876 Million Dollar

Use military to capture this money redirect funds to dam fund

SUMMARY:
A) SMALL SHOP TAX ~ 1,000 Rupee Permit for 40 million shop will give us 3,800,000,000 Billion Dollar per year

B) QURBANI TAX ~ 10,000 Rupee per animal Permit will give us 400,000,000 Million Dollars per year

C)Road Tax ~ 100 Rupee Tool Pass for Road for 30 days , applied across 15 Cities of Pakistan will give us 480,000,000 Million Dollar per year

D) 876 Million dollar captured from water Mafia

Can small shops in Pakistan pay 1,000 Rupee for Monthly Pass ? Yes it can

Can Qurbani doers pay extra 10,000 Rupee Tax? Yes they can

Can People using Road Network buy a Pass to use Roads for 30 days ? Costing 100 Rupees ? Yes they can

Do people pay 6,000 rupee for 50,000 tankers yes they do we don't know who eats up all money

Reform Impact

• 3,800,000,000 Billion Dollar (From Small Shop Permit Sale)
  • 400,000,000 Million Dollars (From Qurbani Animal Permit Sale)
  • 480,000,000 Million Dollar (From Road Toll Permit Sale)
  • 876 Million Dollar (From Anti Tanker Mafia Operation)
-------------------------------------------------------
6.036 Billion Dollars for Pakistan Government
--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Criticism is not ignorance, please consult a dictionaryView attachment 500500 :

prostitution seems to be the only honest trade----you get what you paid for--------hope next prime minister is choosen from this party

> Small Shops ----------------> Introduce Shop Monthly Licence Permit (1,000 Rupees)
  • Barbershop
  • Petrol Stations
  • Street sellers
  • Cell phone sellers
  • Book sellers
  • Textile sellers

> Established Shops Franchise ---------> Introduce Monthly Licence Permit (10,000 Rupees)
  • McDonalds
  • Pizza Hut
  • Burger King
  • Baskin Robins

How many shops Pakistan has who are out of Tax Net?
If there are 40 Million shops (40,000,000 x 10000 Rupee = 40 Million Dollar / Month Collected)

No Ishaq Dar is not bench mark.
I usually tend to give some time to each government before I pass my judgment. It is hard to fix overnight, decades of corruption/negligence/ineptitude/lack of foresight by the previous governments.

Let's wait and see what becomes of this promised "tabdeeli"...whether it's true tabdeeli or just a tabdeeli from one corrupt party in power to another. If at the end of their term they did just as bad a job as the previous PML-N/PPPP governments...then it is the moral duty of every citizen to vote them out.

Criticism is not ignorance, please consult a dictionaryView attachment 500500 :
Yea but criticizing everything without the full picture is no different than ignorance in the subject....I will support my govt until they give me reason to doubt them (reason = proof)...

We can all speculate....and criticize without evidence or/and knowledge or wait for official information THEN analyze AND THEN criticize...But when you jump right to criticizing without ample information, it is called ignorance...

P/S: not you as in "you" but "you" as in the people ...I seem to need to clarify everything because many dont even understand the basics and will criticize me for trying to ask them to take a step back and be patient!

• Barbershop
  • Petrol Stations
  • Street sellers
  • Cell phone sellers
  • Book sellers
  • Textile sellers

• McDonalds
  • Pizza Hut
  • Burger King
  • Baskin Robins

How many shops Pakistan has who are out of Tax Net?
If there are 40 Million shops (40,000,000 x 10000 Rupee = 40 Million Dollar / Month Collected)

you forgot the untouchables’

Changar

Chamars

Massalis

dhoobi-

Bureaucratic Brahmins"?????????

leave the sharks ---stick to tuna fishing

You have done a good job , picking up two words from two different sentences and trying to get a common meaning. Well done.

Also please concentrate on the point I was making, irrespective of what words I used.

You have been on this forum for less than a year so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Let me tell you something, the majority of posters here at PTI supporters, myself included. I don't know your background or location since your flags are confusing, but I have sat in rain and heat and helped campaign for PTI in my village and town, so get off your high horse.

I have personally known Mr. Umar from his Engro chemicals and fertilizer days, my criticism of him is based on his professional failings as a finance minister, the fact that the majority of the senior administration of PTI government are backtracking on every statement pre election is a massive confidence blow.

Now if you are done, can you point out what 'good' has come from the financial policy? I would love to know what salient features you are challenging everyone with here.

Yea but criticizing everything without the full picture is no different than ignorance in the subject

Again, you miss the point! Criticism is part and parcel of democracy. To quote Peale 'The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.'

You have been on this forum for less than a year so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Let me tell you something, the majority of posters here at PTI supporters, myself included. I don't know your background or location since your flags are confusing, but I have sat in rain and heat and helped campaign for PTI in my village and town, so get off your high horse.

I have personally known Mr. Umar from his Engro chemicals and fertilizer days, my criticism of him is based on his professional failings as a finance minister, the fact that the majority of the senior administration of PTI government are backtracking on every statement pre election is a massive confidence blow.

Now if you are done, can you point out what 'good' has come from the financial policy? I would love to know what salient features you are challenging everyone with here.

Again, you miss the point! Criticism is part and parcel of democracy. To quote Peale 'The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.'

Ignorance makes most men go into a political party, and shame keeps them from getting out of it.

I suggest all you wanna be economists take a step back and breathe, let the govt do its job...With power and position comes responsibilities...you cant just take a loan (old loans) and not follow the rules of agreement ...After 1 year if the govt doesnt deliver or isnt on track to deliver we can conclude something but remember...It is 71 yrs worth of corruption that needs to be fixed...NO ONE can do that overnight!

I never said dont criticize...I said clearly get the full information beforehand...

Asad Umar might have some information that we dont know of or there is something baking that isnt announced just yet...So criticizing what we dont know or are unaware of is not really criticizing it is purely ignorant!

When we get the full picture and if xyz is wrong then by all means criticize your heart out! :)

Not ignorance, choice, lack of choice or desperation.

Weakness is what brings ignorance, cheapness, racism, homophobia, desperation, cruelty, brutality, all these things that will keep a society chained to the ground, one foot nailed to the floor

I never said dont criticize...I said clearly get the full information beforehand...

Again, what full information are we talking about? A adjustment of 2.1% of Gross Domestic Product, that's 814 Billion PKR. A tax amnesty of 800,000 people? WHT increased by 0.6%. The mini budget is 1.6% higher than the proposed budget for this fiscal year.

Interest payments alone are at 1.842 trillion, now instead of being insulting and posting comments like:

I suggest all you wanna be economists take a step back and breathe, let the govt do its job...

&

When we get the full picture and if xyz is wrong then by all means criticize your heart out!

I suggest you remember this is a discussion forum and people are free to discuss whatsoever they want in a polite and structured manner. If you disagree with my concerns above, kindly rebuke using empirical information from the presented budget or previous fiscal calculations

Taxable income was 12 lac? :-/ are u sure, and 400,000 Yearly Salary means About 30-35K monthly, Which is not that low salary In pak, and Income Tax is not High in Pakistan, Like, aI paid 1400 rupees last year of my nearly 500k yearly salary, Please Dotn exaggerate stuff, N last but not least, Please elt them do the job for atleast 100 days, We all have seen result of so called DEMO CRAZIC powers

Weakness is what brings ignorance, cheapness, racism, homophobia, desperation, cruelty, brutality, all these things that will keep a society chained to the ground, one foot nailed to the floor

Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom