What's new

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Governments shouldn't prohibit products on religious grounds. Let those who want to buy do so, and let those who are opposed do not. If some Pakistanis want to be bad Muslims, well it's their choice.

No...its not legal here but if you know the right people, I hear, its available and if your rich enough to pay someone off...it doesn't really matter if you get caught ! Well almost !

It does matter when your parents catch you and give you beats as well as start preaching at the same time. Or even worse when a relative catches you and creates a big drama by spreading the word around.

(not saying that this has happened to me :disagree:)

It does matter when your parents catch you and give you beats as well as start preaching at the same time. Or even worse when a relative catches you and creates a big drama by spreading the word around.

(not saying that this has happened to me :disagree:)

You never learn anything by doing it right.:cheers:
And to appreciate heaven well, it's good for a person to have some fifteen minutes of hell.
And remember, A clever man commits no minor blunders:partay::victory:

why ???????? its banned or not you can buy from every street :frown:

After total prohibition imposed in the late 1970s under Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, and throughout 1980s under General Zia ul Haq, there has been a gradual relaxation that has allowed Murree Brewery to bring back Murree beer, vodka, gin and whisky in Pakistan. The Murree products are now available in legal liquor stores that operate openly in Karachi and other major cities. Although consumption of alcohol in public is banned, it is becoming increasingly available in private clubs and expensive restaurants. The company produces 660,000 gallons of beer every year and the 110,000 gallons of whisky that is stored in its cellars. A division of the company also produces and markets fruit juices in Pakistan. Its total annual sales last year were about Rs. 2.3 billion ($28 million). Murree's competitors include Quetta Distillery, as well as smuggled alcoholic beverages from the rest of the world.

Haq's Musings: Pakistani Beer Company in KSE-100 Index

But the import of alcoholic beverages is still banned, thus local producers have tremendous incentives to expand both production and their local market. You might have lower consumption (and higher quality) liquor if Pakistan allowed imports.

Why maintain the "ban" anyway? Ever read The Arabian Nights? Only the folks who had visited Mecca and wanted to appear holier than everyone else abstained from wine, and that only in public.

Alcohol must be banned.

Why? Because Allah decide for its own creation. End story.

Alcohol must be banned.

Why? Because Allah decide for its own creation. End story.
When something that doesn't affect other people is banned then it REMOVES the element of holiness associated with the deed, replacing it with mere man-oriented rule instead - exactly the sort of thing the Salafis say they're trying to "free" mankind from. Why is it no one points out the contradiction?

Dont't ask me such questions when I am up with 3 beer cans. :P

Thanks Fatman!

Dug a little further - this is what the website says:

Under the laws of Pakistan Muslims are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks. Non-Muslims and foreigners require consumption permit issued by Provincial Governments and Islamabad (Capital Territory). However in most cases a Liquor retailer will assist you in obtaining a permit. If you are a foreign tourist; feel free to call our Customer department for assistance on
Telephone Phone No. +92 051-5567041-7 (Extension: 311, 392)
or our Customer Care Officer Mr. Ramesh Kumar on Mobile Phone No.:0300-5384142

“ In province of Punjab, liquor can be purchased only from authorized dealers as under:

Lahore

i. Pearl Continental Hotel, Mall Road. 042-36360210
ii. Holiday Inn, Egerton Road. 042-6310077
iii. Ambassador Hotel, Davis Road. 042-6316820-32
iv. Avari Hotel, Mall Road. 042-6366366

Rawalpindi

i. Pearl Continental Hotel, Mall Road. 051-5566011

Multan

i. Ramada Hotel, Abdali Road. 061-4587777-95

Faisalabad

i. Serena Hotel, Club Road. 041-2600428

Murree

i. Pearl Continental Hotel, Bhurban. 051-3355651

In Capital Territory Liquor can be purchased from

i. Marriot Hotel, Islamabad. 051-2826121
ii. Serena Hotel, Islamabad. 051-2874000
iii. Best Western Hotel, Islamabad. 051-2277460-8

In province of Sindh and Baluchistan liquor can be purchased from designated shops in addition to five star hotels.

Cheers!

Under the laws of God Muslim are not suppose to drink, people still drink. what matters Laws of Pakistan?

Confiscated-alcohol-in-Ka-007.jpg

12-28-2010_57359_1.gif

tera kya ? yehi mil rahi hai ye bhi band karwani hai kya ?:hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom