What's new

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toddy is available in Pakistan?

image.jpg

Toddy is available in Pakistan?

image.jpg
they don't have coconut trees except may be coastal regions.and are repelled by anything which contains coconut/coconut milk.

equivalent alcoholic drink may be made from sugarcane,wheat etc.

In the so called Islamic Republic of Pakistan you have so called Muslims drinking alcohol and bragging about it.

No wonder why Pakistan is in such a dismal state.

Corrupt leaders like Zardari are a reflection of who you people are !

Behavior of some Pakistanis on international flights serving alcohol is a real eye opener :disagree:

Was going through the website of Murree Brewery. Since 1860 - they have something on us!

Used to think of them only as beer makers. But apparently they have some good single malts, scotches, and brandies too.

So it set me thinking?

How can you have an alcohol maker in an Islamic Republic?

Is the stuff only exported or does some of it get sold in Pakistan as well?

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Can a Pakistani have alcohol in a public place other than his/her home?

Do you have pubs and wine shops in Pakistan?

Do you need to prove that you are not Muslim for any of the above?

Janab ap ne hamari dukhti rag par haat rakh diya lol

chalo sir aap senior ho sahee keh rahe hoge ...but drinking beer & rum for last 5 years never cared about whisky ...oonly in family gatherings do i take a sip with brothers

any way cheers Doc main chala:cheers: time ho raha hai good night:wave:

No brandy lovers?

No brandy lovers?

Only when we're not well - grandmother's remedy!

I have an optician friend who has been trying to introduce me to the nuances of a good night shot of brandy in warm water.

Works for him. I'd still stick to a good scotch on occasion, and my McDowell's or DSP for regular.

No brandy lovers?

If you consider Cognac as Brandy then Hennessy VS is my brand. In India, Mansion house is my brand. I have my brother work as General Manager in a bottling unit manufacturing certains brands of liquor and I would get that special blend of Mansion house not available in the market. :enjoy:

Only when we're not well - grandmother's remedy!

I have an optician friend who has been trying to introduce me to the nuances of a good night shot of brandy in warm water.

Works for him. I'd still stick to a good scotch on occasion, and my McDowell's or DSP for regular.

Scotch gave me hang over...Brandy is the best in this case. Mansion house in India or St.remmy in overseas...

That Sir, seems to be common across South Asia. And unfortunately so. In India, there is a even more peculiar phenomenon of even stronger Beers. Not having tried them, I'd be a little careful; but methinks they may be as good as "Desi tharra".

May be the Good Doc can confirm that!

And then you have Bullet or Kalyani in Tamil Nadu...local matter, extra strong..:P

My favorite growing up was Kalyani Black Label. You only get it in the east.

Available in TN. Bullet is even stronger.

On a serious note.........

Medical alert aboutt a highly dangerous virus called "Weekly Overload Recreational Killer"(WORK). if u come in contact with dis WORK VIRUS, you shud immediately go to the nearest "Biological Anxiety Relief" (BAR) centre to take antidotes know as "Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract" (WINE), "Radioactive Unwork Medicine" (RUM), "Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter" (BEER), "Vaccino Officio Depression Killing Antigen" (VODKA).

People in south, try mixing alcohol, in tender coconut (not the green one, but the smaller, red one)
and taste it. You will not regret. ;)

they don't have coconut trees except may be coastal regions.and are repelled by anything which contains coconut/coconut milk.

As far as i have drunk, palm toddy better than coconut toddy.

I had Panankallu yesterday :P it is awesome if You get from reliable toddy shops. I prefer drinking Kallu or Beer than Hot drinks these days. past decade, a day was not passed with out 2 pegs of ocr/opr. poor Me :( now enough, I guess.

I had Panankallu yesterday :P it is awesome if You get from reliable toddy shops. I prefer drinking Kallu or Beer than Hot drinks these days. past decade, a day was not passed with out 2 pegs of ocr/opr. poor Me :( now enough, I guess.

Had to travel places to get toddy in my college days - used to go to Chavakaadu near Trichur in Kerala for toddy during my college days and later to relatives' place near Salem for the palm toddy. Toddy shops were banned in TN - not sure it is the case now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom