What's new

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So few Pakistanis ( Muslims) on def.pk who bark against our government and abuse Zardari for being corrupt etc are now proudly telling Indians that hey we have connections and we drink alcohol ( which is illegal) by getting it illegally.No wonder government is fucked up.Thee members should be given the title Hypocrite Members.

So whats drinking gotta do with a corrupt govt? i drink but i aint corrupt... is tht hipocrisy?

pata nahee log whisky kaise peete hain dad ki almaree me hamesha scotch ki bottels rehtee hain par i dont even touch them ...never liked it...YUKKKK

I was like you too years ago. Pooh poohing whisky with descriptions like horse piss etc.

Then I was introduced to whisky by a guy 10 years my senior. Initially I used to drink it because he would drink nothing else and I used to enjoy his company and gyaan.

Soon I strated really enjoying it and started experimenting with better brands.

As I said puttar - evolution! :)

220px-Lagavulin_Destillers_Edition.jpg

I was like you too years ago. Pooh poohing whisky with descriptions like horse piss etc.

Then I was introduced to whisky by a guy 10 years my senior. Initially I used to drink it because he would drink nothing else and I used to enjoy his company and gyaan.

Soon I strated really enjoying it and started experimenting with better brands.

As I said puttar - evolution! :)

220px-Lagavulin_Destillers_Edition.jpg

chalo sir aap senior ho sahee keh rahe hoge ...but drinking beer & rum for last 5 years never cared about whisky ...oonly in family gatherings do i take a sip with brothers

any way cheers Doc main chala:cheers: time ho raha hai good night:wave:

2 cans of Heineken beer was the first time i ever had a drink.... after tht... it was whiskey... Black label..

please keep the topic in mind- dont need 10 pages of your personal preferences

2 cans of Heineken beer was the first time i ever had a drink.... after tht... it was whiskey... Black label..

Nice! Tried the Double Black in Goa this time - a bottle between two guys, with another of Black Label (comes as a party anniversay pack at Customs) in 6 days :)

Very strong (but smooooth) and smoky. Its different.

Chalo I'm off too for the weekend.

Cheers!

JW-Double-Black.jpg

What about Pubs dont they have pubs in cosopolitian cities like lahore & Karachi??????:azn:

waise my fav is

images

cheers Doc:cheers:
No disrespect but Indian beer's taste awful even worse than Corona:fie:

Also the amount of alcohol I know the youth in Pakistan is drinking today is very discomforting. Parents need to do more to impart better values and judgment to their children.

I saw a child at a golf club who was smoking right in front of his father with his friends, and the boy was around 22. bad world now!!!!

Now and then would enjoy a nice scotch such as this with friends but I don't forget my roots (Free military rum from a friend of mine in Sulur airforce base camp though monthly once a 5000 beer at that time when I was in dire poverty in college :)). When I come to India Mansion House is my favourite.

glenlivet.jpg

HiK...oops.. Burb... eek.. Alcohol is bad..

Mea Culpa.:alcoholic:

So whats drinking gotta do with a corrupt govt? i drink but i aint corrupt... is tht hipocrisy?
I couldn't care less about your drinking.What matters is that you acquired alcohol illegally by either using your connections or by giving bribe to seller..in both cases you are actually indulging in corruption.(Just like people pay bribes to government official to get their work done and then we blame these officials for corruption and other issues).You see it's like giving bribe to government officer to award you the contract but later on abusing the same official for corruption.

I couldn't care less about your drinking.What matters is that you acquired alcohol illegally by either using your connections or by giving bribe to seller..in both cases you are actually indulging in corruption.(Just like people pay bribes to government official to get their work done and then we blame these officials for corruption and other issues).You see it's like giving bribe to government officer to award you the contract but later on abusing the same official for corruption.

I dnt know whats ur talkin abt ... i just pay th bootlegger to get me the booze frm the evil european dips.... is tht bad? lol

the good old 'connections' does everything.

we have wine shops. some 5-stars have converted 'suites' into pubs for foreign PP holders. there is a 'pub' in the international enclave in ISLD. the old 'bootlegger' is alive and well. there is the 'cantonment' bootlegger and then there is the normal bootlegger.

cheers!

I am curious if countries like Iran,Egypt et al have access to Alcohol?

In India, there is local drinks like Toddy,Arrack,Fenny and other unknown ones. fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom