What's new

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the dark beer is the one with the colonial "warm beer" hangover then? I never got that trip though there are many UK returns who oooh and aaaah about it. Don't know if its genuine or just to act videshi .....

Acceptable?

Man what's even worse is that desi they make around villages and some cities. They put god damn sleeping pills in it.

Hell, Pakistanis are such animals I recently found out from a friend that Pakistanis are bootlegging in KSA.

I was like wow, what a great thing to be known for.

If something is crooked, you better believe a Pakistani is behind it

Kinda true..

Also if you go to Christian parts of a city, and eat at one of their little dabahs, you can request alcohol as well. Muslim or not.

Kinda true..

Dude my cousin was buying ek number ki Murree from a traffic cop. Lmao.

Legally:

Only minority permit holders can buy alcohol legally.

Illegally:

If you've got friends in high places, you can easily get alcohol. Get it off high-end restaurants or if your poor, buy it off bootleggers who extract it from methylated spirit, often result in the methanol poisoning.

Also if you go to Christian parts of a city, and eat at one of their little dabahs, you can request alcohol as well. Muslim or not.

WTF... Seriously?

Dude my cousin was buying ek number ki Murree from a traffic cop. Lmao.

My bootlegger is a chrsitian.. rido is his name.. i mean like is tht ur real name? u friggin idiot... lol

Ive bought booze in islamabad with a traffic police pickup standing nearby.... and the bootlegger came on a XLI can ya believe it? and tht jack charge me too much though... jinnah market i curse you..lol

3 kinds of murree beer are available - lager, ale and dark beer. %alcohol is between 4-6%. so quite strong.

That Sir, seems to be common across South Asia. And unfortunately so. In India, there is a even more peculiar phenomenon of even stronger Beers. Not having tried them, I'd be a little careful; but methinks they may be as good as "Desi tharra".

May be the Good Doc can confirm that!

Legally:

Only minority permit holders can buy alcohol legally.

Illegally:

If you've got friends in high places, you can easily get alcohol. Get it off high-end restaurants or if your poor, buy it off bootleggers who extract it from methylated spirit, often result in the methanol poisoning.

As tourists, I'd definitely advise against getting liquor from second hand sources. Whether it has the Murree Seal or not. The bottle will look 100% legit, but inside it could be poisonous.

well i travel a lot across a lot of cities in India and have never come across this beer . would love to try it .:D

or if your poor, buy it off bootleggers who extract it from methylated spirit, often result in the methanol poisoning.

That's deadly man. We have those thekas all over here as well. Some having government license too so a little safer I guess. Some of it like narangi etc. actually comes properly bottled with labels too.

I assumed from the discussion before (Pak Nat etc) that bootlegger was more like a facilitator/fixer.

at last my kinda thread god bless OP....jaise pyasee rooh ko bhayan kar thandee beer mil jaye:rofl::rofl:
Cheers Doc ...you made my day:cheers:

That Sir, seems to be common across South Asia. And unfortunately so. In India, there is a even more peculiar phenomenon of even stronger Beers. Not having tried them, I'd be a little careful; but methinks they may be as good as "Desi tharra".

May be the Good Doc can confirm that!

No we have some perfectly legitimate super strong ones man .... some even taste quite nice when properly chilled!

My favorite growing up was Kalyani Black Label. You only get it in the east. Very difficult to get hold of in Maharashtra, Karnataka, north etc. Best beer! Classy, strong.

Then we have apna Thunderbolt from Delhi side!

Also Goa side you get some really strong local beers - Belo, Tiger, Arlem.

Of the more branded stuff I guess the strongest is Cannon 10000 but even at 14% that's kid's stuff compared to some of the above :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom