What's new

Is alcohol legal in Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to travel places to get toddy in my college days - used to go to Chavakaadu near Trichur in Kerala for toddy during my college days and later to relatives' place near Salem for the palm toddy. Toddy shops were banned in TN - not sure it is the case now.
I haven't tasted toddy from Tamilnadu. even while studying in Coimbatore, We used to go somewhere..I think Kuzhalmannam or some other place to get Kallu. :P
We have had Arrack(Charayam) Shops along with Kallu(Toddy) shops back in the 80s. it was banned by AK Anthony as CM.

I haven't tasted toddy from Tamilnadu. even while studying in Coimbatore, We used to go somewhere..I think Kuzhalmannam or some other place to get Kallu. :P
We have had Arrack(Charayam) Shops along with Kallu(Toddy) shops back in the 80s. it was banned by AK Anthony as CM.

I stayed away from arrack as there was a myth floating around that it can cause impotency.

Punjabi's will be Punjabi's i'm sure in Pakistan people use their bathtubs to make their own home made batch of alcohol as they do in Indian Punjab (mostly Bhatinda and Moga districts)
For smaller batches.These things are imported from India into Australia :lol:
Desi-Daru%E2%80%A6.jpg

I must admit I too have a drinking problem :P

Most of the posts I have made here were made made under the influence of tea and soft drinks :angel:

Had to travel places to get toddy in my college days - used to go to Chavakaadu near Trichur in Kerala for toddy during my college days and later to relatives' place near Salem for the palm toddy. Toddy shops were banned in TN - not sure it is the case now.

If you live in a region on the Kerala border it is very easy to obtain..:P

I haven't tasted toddy from Tamilnadu. even while studying in Coimbatore, We used to go somewhere..I think Kuzhalmannam or some other place to get Kallu..

What place is that ? I have not heard such place in Coimbatore.

We used to go to Walayar on the Kerala border.

No...its not legal here but if you know the right people, I hear, its available and if your rich enough to pay someone off...it doesn't really matter if you get caught ! Well almost !

If you live in a region on the Kerala border it is very easy to obtain..:P

What place is that ? I have not heard such place in Coimbatore.

We used to go to Walayar on the Kerala border.
oh, it is few kms after palakkad towards thrissur. I've had kallu at walayar. it is awful imo during those times.

BREAKING SAD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Walker is about to bottle its last bottle and is shutting shop for good.

Black Label goes into history, and the last bottle will be kept in a museum for display apparently.

BREAKING SAD NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Walker is about to bottle its last bottle and is shutting shop for good.

Black Label goes into history, and the last bottle will be kept in a museum for display apparently.

That's a fake news!

Thanks man.

For a moment there it was like the passing of an era.

Many people are dead due to illegal and unauthorized Alcohol.
Alcohol is Ban ,Young generation buys from unknown person and they are consuming Poison spirit.
Government should Take step and they should Legalize alcohol in open market to avoid dangerous incidents.
I also like alcohol but can't purchase in open market and can't take risk from Unknown person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom