What's new

IRIAF Vs. PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran's defence doctrine is different from Pakistan and is based on deterrence, not projecting force in neighboring countries or for attack purposes.

Due to sanctions, Iran has been unable to buy any kinds of aircraft, but it has some domestic jet development programs, some of them reached their final stage and mass produced, like Saeqeh which is an upgraded version of F-5.

If sanctions were to be removed and Iran could buy aircraft, it would become one of the best air forces in terms of training and pilot skills and also equipment. Even with this amount of training which is below standard levels of top air forces, Iran has very capable pilots right now.

In my opinion, pilot skills, human resources and morality is more important than equipment. Not that modern aircraft don't make a difference, but it matters the most who is going to fly them.

Iran is putting its emphasis on other forces, like developing domestic air defense and missile forces. It may sound unbelievable now, but with huge amount of resources that are being spent on air defense systems, in 5 or 10 years, Iran will be among top 5 producers of air defense systems. It's a garden that is yet to bear its fruit.

It's unwise to spend huge resources on producing domestic air crafts, because it would take years upon years while opponents will easily buy or produce more advanced jets, but investing in missile and air defense forces is wisest decision in current circumstances, unless sanctions are removed.

Pakistan has also very skilled pilots as far as I know, that's why I have much more respect for PAF compared to all the Arab states with all their fancy jets and if a war was to happen, I would be worried more about PAF rather than each of Gulf states' air forces for example.
Finally, comparing IRIAF and PAF is neither fair nor wise, because they have different goals, training programs and logistics.

Last edited:
Ok here is what I could get based on Wikipedia

oky06f.png

minimum 38 years - maximum 42 years. They only had around 19/20 operational in early 2013. Not sure how many of the 714 phoenix missiles ordered were received before the revolution in 76, and how many of them are still operational, if Iran had the tech to change to fuel and explosive warheads.

This is a bad comparison because Iran doesnt have a war capable airforce. Their F-14s are 35 years old.

Sorry but Iranian Airforce is a big joke infront of the Pakistan Airforce !!!

My reason is F-14, F-5, F-4s will be eaten by the PAF most modern F-16 block 50 /52, Mirages 5, F7pgs, Jf17s and the combination of AWACS and AEWs. Iran is a no match with the skills and talent of PAF pilots and the weapons they carry.

PAF trains with Euro-fighters, F-15s, Su 30s, F16s and other top line jets, and scored a lot of kills in air combats.

I feel sorry with the Iranian obsolete equipment as compared to PAF quality and quantity.

Pakistan has an upper hand btw the two... but both will not make in top 20 air forces in the world now... as their is no new plans of acquisition other than than 50 jft until 2025, PAF ranking will drop further in future..

This thread is childish , there are a bunch of pakistani nationalists who will not understand any logic and shout and scream every time we tell the truth .

first of all , F-14 was replaced by F-22 in USAF , so .....

also if F-14 is old , SO is F-16

thirdly comparing F-14 to JF-17 or F-16 is a mere joke !!! radar range of F-14 is 300km and its missiles can reach 200 km easily .

really want to know how u guys manage to evade a Phoniex missile :lol:

about combat readiness of F-14 , all of our tomcats had undergone heavy (real heavy) overhaul .

Photos: Grumman F-14AM Tomcat Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net
IRIAF F-14AM Upgrade
F-14 AM, new Iranian modernized F-14, capable firing Fakur missile
The Aviationist » Iranian F-14 Tomcat fighter jets get a modern “splinter” color scheme

2239264.jpg

The photo in this post depicts the first Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force F-14AM (“Modernized”) landing at Tehran Mehrabad International Airport in April 2012.

Domestic upgrades include avionics, weapons (R-73E, AIM-54A+ “Fakkur”, AIM-54A, AIM-7E and AIM-9J are among the air to air missiles adapted to the aircraft’s fire control system) and color scheme: indeed the plane was give a three-tone Asian Minor II camouflage pattern resembling the one adopted by Russian 4th and 5th generation fighter planes and U.S. Aggressors.

========================================

we also have Mig-29 which have no equivalent in PAF .

besides F-16 and JF-17 (a chinese fighter) PAF has nothing to offer .

and also some members mentioned pilot training , their comments were nothing but JOKE .

our pilot instructors are trained by US themselves . quite the joke now ....

The United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program (SFTI program), more popularly known as Topgun or TOPGUN, teaches fighter and strike tactics and techniques to selected Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers, who return to their operating units as surrogate instructors

Also , Air Force capabilities rely on Air defences and UAV fleet too :lol: lets compare that now :D

Even if we dont have any fighter , still we can manage to contain and control / defeat any possible air threat from pakistan super effectively .

but pakistan cannot do anything with a bunch of french crotale missile launchers :D

about UAV fleet , i'm speech-less :D

vlcsnap-2013-09-27-13h34m17s247.png

73120545184977336228.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-09-27-13h33m41s132.png

Fotros :

186150_682.jpg

Combat record speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom