What's new

IRIAF Vs. PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
so iran doesnt have any credible BVRs?

Iran has already mass produced reverse engineered and improved version of Phoenix, named Fakour 90:

Fakour-2-460x230.jpg

The Aviationist » Fakour-90

Iran Tests New Fakour 90 Air-to-Air Missile / XAIRFORCES

Iran has also recently produced Qader air to surface cruise missile with 200 km range:

411589_646.jpg

resized_411636_965.jpg

Speculation but i don't know how are they going to receive these weapons with sanctions in place. Iranian mig-29s I think are loaded with r-73 in limited quantities but they are semi active, perhaps they might reverse engineer r-73 AA.

Iran hardline news outlet: Ghaher-313 equipped to fire R-73, PL-12 missiles | Iran Military News

You are forgetting a major factor in Aerial Warfare, in fact i would argue the most important factor in 21st century Aerial Warfare.

Its "Electronic Warfare".

This is an area where the PAF has absolute advantage in. PAF has platforms dedicated to EW, while similar platforms don't exist in IRIAF. The EW suites fielded by IRIAF are largely obsolete as they have not seen any upgrade since the late 1970's. PAF would be able to see the IRIAF from a longer distance, vector its fighters towards that direction and execute a much better planned and coordinated interception compared to what the IRIAF can throw at PAF. I have my sincere doubts of the effectiveness of the Phoenix and the older R-73 that IRIAF fields in the face of modern EW dedicated platforms.

You are forgetting a major factor in Aerial Warfare, in fact i would argue the most important factor in 21st century Aerial Warfare.

This is an area where the PAF has absolute advantage in. PAF has platforms dedicated to EW, while similar platforms don't exist in IRIAF. The EW suites fielded by IRIAF are largely obsolete as they have not seen any upgrade since the late 1970's. PAF would be able to see the IRIAF from a longer distance, vector its fighters towards that direction and execute a much better planned and coordinated interception compared to what the IRIAF can throw at PAF. I have my sincere doubts of the effectiveness of the Phoenix and the older R-73 that IRIAF fields in the face of modern EW dedicated platforms.

PAF absolutely wins in BVR/Radar/EW/AEW&C, Command & Control systems Arena.

We may compare but my sincere observation is that PAF will overwhelm iran and than iran would have to use standoff and short range ballistic missiles to compensate. Their pilots are professional and eager to learn but without highly capable aircrafts/technology/advance AEW&C they are sitting ducks. Iran may not come into close combat their idea would be using ALCMs a few km into Pakistan air space or from the edge of their airspace into Pakistan.

Last edited:

o_O

not only in that but also in ECCM Electronic counter-countermeasures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iran has enormous advantages in those areas

Islamic Republic of Iran Air Defense Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alim radar system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kashef is a series of Iranian early warning radars developed by SAIRAN. Currently there are two versions in service, Kashef 1 and Kashef 2.[1]

Kashef 1 is a 2D radar operates in S-Band and has a range of 150 km. It uses two separate receivers that gives it good ECCM capability and the ability to detect low RCS targets. It can track up to 100 targets simultaneously One of its main advantages is its high mobility because it can be mounted on trailers and set up and break down in 30 minutes. Kashef 1 is offered for export as TM-ASR-1 (Air Surveillance Radar 1)[2]

Kashef 2 is externally very different from Kashef 1. It uses a different net-like antenna that can be split in 3 parts to reduce the time needed for setup and breakdown. The range is 200 km and the maximum number of targets it can track simultaneously is increased to 1000. It uses 30 kW of power. The receiver and transmitter of the radar are using solid state electronics to increase the radar's ECM resistance.

Kashef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matla-ul-fajr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kasta 2E - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sepehr - Over-the-horizon radar with a range of 3,000 kilometers (Iranian origin)

and last but not lease 55G6 "Nebo" radar :

1L13-3-NEBO-SV-RLS-7S.jpg

NNIIRT Nebo SVU / RLM-M Nebo M / Assessing Russia's FirstMobile VHF AESAs

now show me what you got o_O

Hi @Neptune, As per this comparison PAF is even bigger than TUAF, how come?

Sorry mate. I am not the air force guy //

But Afaik, all 240 F16 would be either Block 50 or CCIP upgraded, all with Sniper/LANTIRN/ASELPOD

Last edited:
That's more than enough..... couple that with independent source code! :D

Sorry mate. I am not the air force guy //

But Afaik, all 240 F16 will be either Block 50 or CCIP upgraded, all with Sniper/LANTIRN/ASELPOD

Hi again!!. I am just surprised how this topic goes!.
I started this topic not for fight like this. I expected to get something like here is IRIAF AirDefense, combat fighters, EW, SEAD...etc and here is the PAF Air Defense , SEAD, Combat fighters, EW, in a table like I make at first page.
What I noticed is that majority of people here are not really expert in the field and simply closing their eyes and just trolling about other countries (Of course people who put numbers, statistics, pictures and made mutual conversation are very appreciated and are separate from that group). I just asked a question and I expected a technical, statistical numbers.
I didn't get significant information about Pakistan and Iran Air Defense capabilities and their equipments for SEAD.

I think everyone from both sides have to consider the fact that the first step to overcome the weaknesses are to accept their existence and not just ignoring it.

o_O

not only in that but also in ECCM Electronic counter-countermeasures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iran has enormous advantages in those areas

Islamic Republic of Iran Air Defense Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alim radar system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kashef is a series of Iranian early warning radars developed by SAIRAN. Currently there are two versions in service, Kashef 1 and Kashef 2.[1]

Kashef 1 is a 2D radar operates in S-Band and has a range of 150 km. It uses two separate receivers that gives it good ECCM capability and the ability to detect low RCS targets. It can track up to 100 targets simultaneously One of its main advantages is its high mobility because it can be mounted on trailers and set up and break down in 30 minutes. Kashef 1 is offered for export as TM-ASR-1 (Air Surveillance Radar 1)[2]

Kashef 2 is externally very different from Kashef 1. It uses a different net-like antenna that can be split in 3 parts to reduce the time needed for setup and breakdown. The range is 200 km and the maximum number of targets it can track simultaneously is increased to 1000. It uses 30 kW of power. The receiver and transmitter of the radar are using solid state electronics to increase the radar's ECM resistance.

Kashef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matla-ul-fajr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kasta 2E - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sepehr - Over-the-horizon radar with a range of 3,000 kilometers (Iranian origin)

and last but not lease 55G6 "Nebo" radar :

1L13-3-NEBO-SV-RLS-7S.jpg

NNIIRT Nebo SVU / RLM-M Nebo M / Assessing Russia's FirstMobile VHF AESAs

now show me what you got o_O
chera man hich dar morde in damo dastgah ha nemisdunestam ? :o:

chera man hich dar morde in damo dastgah ha nemisdunestam ? :o:
lol , first you should be interested in them .

how many people do u think know about these stuff ? very few dadash !

be jaane khodam rast migam :D

lol , first you should be interested in them .

how many people do u think know about these stuff ? very few dadash !

be jaane khodam rast migam :D
:lol: that big radar look awesome :enjoy:

Hi again!!. I am just surprised how this topic goes!.
I started this topic not for fight like this. I expected to get something like here is IRIAF AirDefense, combat fighters, EW, SEAD...etc and here is the PAF Air Defense , SEAD, Combat fighters, EW, in a table like I make at first page.
What I noticed is that majority of people here are not really expert in the field and simply closing their eyes and just trolling about other countries (Of course people who put numbers, statistics, pictures and made mutual conversation are very appreciated and are separate from that group). I just asked a question and I expected a technical, statistical numbers.
I didn't get significant information about Pakistan and Iran Air Defense capabilities and their equipments for SEAD.

I think everyone from both sides have to consider the fact that the first step to overcome the weaknesses are to accept their existence and not just ignoring it.

If the above was your true intention, than you should had opened an information thread or had gone through existing threads which have plenty of information in them and not open a versus thread for a troll feast and that too against a friendly country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom