What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Not talking about Farsi, I can't understand what they said in the video, but in any case looking at this video I have the impression that the images in some frames are enlarged, so as to make the viewer think of a modified prototype, but if you take screenshots and you try to correct the dimensions in width (also by observing the characteristics of the images of the technicians and workers present) you will realize that this prototype of the Yasin is not very different from the one seen previously.
However this remains my personal interpretation, to dispel any doubts all that remains is to wait for good quality photographs
It would make more sense for it to be the same design because it really would nee
ikVwF6uE5T4w-hBT-HZ9-f3Z3k2ChfZh3btE_dH6b5ZIkOD0Hi0-UznNXPCrbMT4ddqWYnBc3deM5oQw6etHuVAWBJn2PbGO2RA61Fu5SZC1B5FMJ16XcCr1lVdVxiG1A3D6z2xQL-RNxblejZCDzptXAyEimUi89SMp0avj60A8eEdhKZrLQcq7v4sGbPA8-Z5FQk0NqpprWrzXjqVd_cEui4gGCypQOadhwLX_YAhkD8MZHgX5OIx-NnfXzI0BN590m8LLvbIUD0g_XN-l5HVLa2pKoAGID6lTbyas-_hm0ApvTgYO4zUdq4YeUKANRMq4FoalOanMWfCRjOjy7Q.jpg
The lower left image definitely proves it hasn't changed in overall shape and the nose cone is the same size. Makes more sense to do this way as the trainer was already as good as it can get for training pilots.

The slimmer rear wing and the shape of the front more resemble the F-5, the air intake less rounded. This second version looks more like the white model near the aircraft. Yet it is very easy to see.

In the photos of siniva on the other page, in the images right from the top, the second photos is the first model

After all these years I hope Iran is capable of producing the spare parts required by the F-14. I'm not aware of the reliability of the F-14 fleet. These jets can still be very reliable and useful with upgrades.

An F-14 with BVR targeting capability would not be overlooked by an enemy.

Few points from the long video about Yaseen Training jet.
Fully indigenous Iranian design and build.

Fuselage: iranian
Engines: two Iranian (Owje) turbo jet with no afterburners.Engine compartments designed bigger to accommodate future Turbo fan engines for combat version.
Landing gear: iranian
Ejection seat: Iranian
Cockpit: Iranian, fully digital
Moving surfaces: Iranian, Hydraulics

Price : $6 million....(the least expensive training only aircraft in the market today is from china at $ 9 million)

they plan to have a training/combat version also.
Ps: he said they used the infrastructure already in place for F16 (I am sure he said F16????????)...I knew Iran was ready to receive F16s when Revolution arrived.

Last edited:
After all these years I hope Iran is capable of producing the spare parts required by the F-14. I'm not aware of the reliability of the F-14 fleet. These jets can still be very reliable and useful with upgrades.

An F-14 with BVR targeting capability would not be overlooked by an enemy.
I wonder if their radars can uplink to and liaise with the National air defense grid in certain scenarios.
Few points from the long video about Yaseen Training jet.
Fully indigenous Iranian design and build.

Fuselage: iranian
Engines: two Iranian (Owje) turbo jet with no afterburners.Engine compartments designed bigger to accommodate future Turbo fan engines for combat version.
Landing gear: iranian
Ejection seat: Iranian
Cockpit: Iranian, fully digital
Moving surfaces: Iranian, Hydraulics

Price : $6 million....(the least expensive training only aircraft in the market today is from china at $ 9 million)

they plan to have a training/combat version also.
Ps: he said they used the infrastructure already in place for F16 (I am sure he said F16????????)...I knew Iran was ready to receive F16s when Revolution arrived.
I think there is also a special feature about its tail making it ideal as a trainer; something about being able to come out of a spin or something like that.

I wonder if their radars can uplink to and liaise with the National air defense grid in certain scenarios.

I think there is also a special feature about its tail making it ideal as a trainer; something about being able to come out of a spin or something like that.
Yes it said something about full tilt..but I an not an aviation guy so I did not understand its importance may be some one who can shed some light on this..it is towards the end of the video.

Few years ago, the head of IRGC aerospace forces said we are ahead of US in term of stealth and bomber drones, he also said that copying RQ170 was just a response to Americans big mouth blabbering that Iran can't copy it. Yes, US is technologically more advanced but look at what's happening on the field, which one has been real stealth.

Iran didn't use RQ170 based drones to humiliate all western radars and air defenses around ARAMCO, they were just lower tire drones which had been exported to Yemenis.

So you believe that Iran is decades ahead in stealth bombers and UCAVs even before having the copy of the RQ170?

So you believe that Iran is decades ahead in stealth bombers and UCAVs even before having the copy of the RQ170?
Iran is ahead of US in stealth and bomber drones, decades is a irrelevant word. but let me add this too, Iran is ahead of US in counter stealth air defenses as well.

Iran is ahead of US in stealth and bomber drones, decades is a irrelevant word. but let me add this too, Iran is ahead of US in counter stealth air defenses as well.
LOL! You almost made me believe that.

It's understandable. It's the side effect of fighting with aliens!
Concept of Stealth was first developed by the Germans in WWII. If I remember correctly a first German made stealth aircraft was made of wood in order not to reflect the early radars (I have seen a photo of it). Americans stole the aircraft and moved it to the US just like what they did to German rockets and German scientists... All US rocket and Stealth was German tech origin..So not hard to imagine that soon countries like Iran and China will be ahead of US in some fields...US is still far ahead on space (Mars rover) . A big part of any development is the availability of $$$ funds and seems like US can print $$$ at will while every other nation has to work for their $$$ (have not figured that out yet..lol)

Back
Top Bottom