What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

[
Really? So the engines and sensors and materials didn't help their UAV program in the long run because...they just needed the wings?

You look at Russia's or Soviet Union's first high altitude bomber during Cold War and it was the American B-29 which they copied it after one landed in Soviet Union and didn't take that long to copy it. Did that mean they already had a future bomber planned but just decided to copy the American version cause maybe it was better? Perhaps the Iranians did the same.

No you really thanked us because you were behind by decades. Many of the drones are American copies. And you were proud to display it when you guys produce them.

Yes again the ONLY contribution the RQ-170 gave the Saegheh UCAV's was in design only!
Having access to the RQ-170 had absolutely nothing to do with the propulsion systems of the Saegheh UCAV's
That doesn't mean Iran didn't try to reverse engineer the engine later on with the Jaheh-700 and again the infrastructure and the engineering background would have to be there in the 1st place.
It's the same with the Russian if they actually did copy the B-29 the engineering background and infrastructure to produce such an Aircraft would of had to been there in the 1st place.

I can give you a far easier example so you can comprehend better. Go see how many Boeing 747 over how many year have landed across how many counties across the globe and after so many decade how many countries across the globe have actually been able to produce anything like it.
You think Iran wouldn't reverse engineer that if we could? It's not that simple!

With UAV's Iran purposely uses American designs to piss off the U.S.! You still don't get that! The purpose behind it is to show the U.S. the costs of having their Military near Iranian territory! Or else making a UAV look a little different is not that complicated.

Last edited:

Iran Army Airforce Brigadier General Pilot Hamid Vahedi:Fighter Jet Kowsar Radar, MiG-29 and F-14 radar upgrade

In the video this is indicated in the arrow, which aircraft could it be?
Maybe Shafaq?
a1a42c0d645bca87d0c486a255c80041o.png

it's a shame that the project was canceled. stupid Russians. i thought the plane was beautiful.

The Shafaq project has never been canceled, it is an illusion to think so.

And congratulations to iran for improving the Yasin fighter plane. The cell is more beautiful and the wings improved. Yasin looks more like the model they presented to us. Very positive for the future

It is almost clear that the fighter jet they will get is the SU-30. I assume the version Iran will get will be a very modernised one, perhaps the most modern, which will include AESA radars etc. This will be quite similar to how Iran's S-300 was highly modernised and incorporated S-400 technologies. The question remains to what extend Iran could gain TOT and in-house manufacturing right.

Question:
What the video represents
1) The Yasin prototype with modifications
2) A second prototype of the Yasin
Ps
It is placed over a structure, what purpose is that structure used for?

It is almost clear that the fighter jet they will get is the SU-30. I assume the version Iran will get will be a very modernised one, perhaps the most modern, which will include AESA radars etc. This will be quite similar to how Iran's S-300 was highly modernised and incorporated S-400 technologies. The question remains to what extend Iran could gain TOT and in-house manufacturing right.
I really hope the IRIAF pushes for the thrust vectoring engines on any future order for the Su-30.

Being the anti-manned-fighter guy on this forum; obviously I am depressed by this news. On so many levels! What good will it do do against 100s American 5th and soon 6th gen fighters? What advantage will it pose on neighboring threats which our missiles can’t handle? How relevant will it even be 10 years from now when it’s rolled in? How tricky will the Russians be in the so called ToT?

Why not invest that money on alternative technologies in our country eg quantum, AI, powerplants, manufacturing equipment... literally anything homegrown is better than this. I truly hate being a client state.

I really hope the IRIAF pushes for the thrust vectoring engines on any future order for the Su-30.

Yes, I agree. That would be one of those upgrade I had in mind. 60-100 of such fighters would provide a good interim solution until Iran can focus on its long term plans for the airforce. At this point, we're wasting resources on upgrading and overhauling various platforms. Its about time a chunk of Iran's fighter retire.

No agreement at all!

Older fighters don't have to retire, their upgrades are very smart because these planes will support the new ones. Nothing is lost. Iran are making their new heavy planes through improvements to older planes and that is very smart.

Back
Top Bottom