What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

This model is more beautiful and more modern

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxsdfbhnsthjnst...PNG

Being the anti-manned-fighter guy on this forum; obviously I am depressed by this news. On so many levels! What good will it do do against 100s American 5th and soon 6th gen fighters? What advantage will it pose on neighboring threats which our missiles can’t handle? How relevant will it even be 10 years from now when it’s rolled in? How tricky will the Russians be in the so called ToT?

Why not invest that money on alternative technologies in our country eg quantum, AI, powerplants, manufacturing equipment... literally anything homegrown is better than this. I truly hate being a client state.
I agree 100%. There will never be purchases that are militarily significant. They will be technologically significant if at all.

I noticed in the video they are still calling Yasin Kowsar 88 which is confusing with the Kowsar/F-5 upgrades. There is also talk of installing a radar on it and indeed the radome in the one featured in the group photo does appear bigger than before. Seems the final version might end up looking closer to the Kowsar/F-5 which makes me wonder if these are competing projects. Before I assumed Yasin would train pilots and eventually transition them to Kowsar and other planes to keep most pilots flying until a heavy fighter is available. Now it seems the 2 platforms will end up being largely the same thing so I now wonder if they are competing for a final variant advanced trainer IRIAF. On the other hand, there is supposedly a production line for Kowsar or F-5 to Kowsar conversion so there is a bit of confusion here...

Archer or Alamo on a mirage?
Now that would be awesome,but sadly no.
However the missile in question might very possibly be the same,or perhaps a derivative of,the a2a missile that we saw the karrar carrying recently,as it doesnt look like this one has rollerons on the tips of the rear tail surfaces either and which you would expect to see if it was an Aim-9P sidewinder[did iran actually get any of the P model sidewinders?].

Building a jet fighter is more harder than building missiles or rockets. Even their mockup looks hilarious, and wouldn't fly as all even if its the real thing. And besides Iran knows their air force will be destroyed easily. The Iranian posters know that. If the RQ 170 didn't fall into Iran, they would have been decades behind in drone tech. After all the Iranians thanked us graciously for that. And you've seen most of their drones pretty much looks like it now.
Few years ago, the head of IRGC aerospace forces said we are ahead of US in term of stealth and bomber drones, he also said that copying RQ170 was just a response to Americans big mouth blabbering that Iran can't copy it. Yes, US is technologically more advanced but look at what's happening on the field, which one has been real stealth.

Iran didn't use RQ170 based drones to humiliate all western radars and air defenses around ARAMCO, they were just lower tire drones which had been exported to Yemenis.

Iran wont use it's air force to counter US airforce even if we had F22, that's the limitation of Iran's $10bn military budget. in a possible war between Iran and US, your pilots will find themselves useless and desperate both on the air and on the ground!

Poor people who would fall for for your propaganda:
New video shows Iranian suicide combat UAV drone. Patched together with duct tape. - The Aviationist

Last edited:

Not talking about Farsi, I can't understand what they said in the video, but in any case looking at this video I have the impression that the images in some frames are enlarged, so as to make the viewer think of a modified prototype, but if you take screenshots and you try to correct the dimensions in width (also by observing the characteristics of the images of the technicians and workers present) you will realize that this prototype of the Yasin is not very different from the one seen previously.
However this remains my personal interpretation, to dispel any doubts all that remains is to wait for good quality photographs

Just think how much we could have progressed if cowards wouldn’t have shut down the program in the first place.
I hope they managed to build the engine themselves, if they do that it will solve many problem of our civilian and commercial fleet . and it help us to build new heavy helicopter and attack helicopters for our army
and for the record the project was not shut down , it banned from civilian use because the engines Ukraine gave us had problem and could not be used here.
by the way I wonder if we can't modify Jahesh-700 to be used in Helicopters after all each one of them can power airplanes up to 2 tons

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom