What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The defense ministry and the DM is to blame.
Technically it is a important step, yes, but selling it as a new aircraft to the public as new aircraft is false and simply a lie.
Normally presenting an aircraft that has a selfmade engine, a selfmade ejection seat, a selfmade glass cockpit and a modernized airframe design would be something of great importance, but calling it a new aircraft and making a secret of it for several days is just silly.

If he would have said we will unveil a aircaft that is now fully indigenized and vastly improved. Yes that would be true but unprofessional PR and selling it as a new aircraft is wrong.

Exactly! They usually tend to destroy their own achievements by unnecessary exaggerations.

This is the glass cockpit of the new upgraded F-5F.

2322299.jpg
index (7).jpg
index (6).jpg
index (5).jpg
index (4).jpg
index (3).jpg

Yes,the consensus was that a version of the ge TF-34 was used to power the RQ-170,which is also used in the A10.This would actually have been a very good engine to use both for a ground attack machine as well as a light fighter.
doubt that , the engine is two big and too powerful for RQ-170

Wow this upgrades really good it could be as capable as F-20 Tigershark
No it can't be , F-20 Tigershark used a Single General Electric F404-GE-100 Turbo fan Engine that provided 48.9kn of trust and if used Afterburner it went up to 78.7 kN
the plane could carry 6.5 tons of Weapons and Fuel and could speed up to Mach 2 wile F5 can go up to Mach 1.6
I don't knew what sort of Radar We used in this Airplane but ,F20 come with AN/APG-67 that had 150km of Range while F5 at best can detect at less than 40km of range

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Gold Eagle, post: 10731009, membro: 142367"] Esattamente! Solitamente tendono a distruggere i propri risultati con inutili esagerazioni.

Questa è la cabina di comando in vetro del nuovo F-5F aggiornato.

[ATTACH = pieno] 493409 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pieno] 493417 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pieno] 493418 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pieno] 493419 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = pieno] 493420 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 493.421 [/ attach] [/ QUOTE]

if this will be the "new" airplane so much vaunted the last few days, the military authority that made the declaration should cover its face with shame.
Therefore Kowsar alias F-5?
I still hope that tomorrow, August 22, they present at least something really new in flight, it would be enough the real Kowsar we saw last year during the taxiing tests, otherwise

The digital avionics and sensor suite will be used on the Kowsar trainer as BT said, so much is true. The effort to port it for any new fighter like the Qaher will also me much less and easier.

One step that I forgot to mention which is also necessary in the digitalizing work is to move to a FBW system, which was not announced. So still work to be done on the sofware/electronics side.

However here a summery of the critical technologies that has been mastered in this project:
Digital sensor and avionic suite, MFD, HUD, RWR
Claimed new multirole radar, not shown
Apparently Gefest like ballistic computer and sensor suite, not demonstrated
New unified data-link system
New navigation suite with TACAN, modern laser gyro INS, latter not shown.
Indigenous made landing gear
Indigenous made engine
Indigenous developed and made ejection seat

ECM pods are like a FBW system absent and a modern targeting pod was only displayed by the IRGC.

Kowsar specifications:
max speed: mach 1.2
max altitude: 45000 ft

Kowsar
7.5 million U.S dollar price
45000 ft max attitude
1.2 mach speed
new ejection seat
100% made in Iran ( entire aircraft )
72 knowledge based companies and 4000 persons worked with MOD for this project
Source : IRNN
1397053009543578115097404.jpg

Last edited:
The digital avionics and sensor suite will be used on the Kowsar trainer as BT said, so much is true. The effort to port it for any new fighter like the Qaher will also me much less and easier.

One step that I forgot to mention which is also necessary in the digitalizing work is to move to a FBW system, which was not announced. So still work to be done on the sofware/electronics side.

However here a summery of the critical technologies that has been mastered in this project:
Digital sensor and avionic suite, MFD, HUD, RWR
Claimed new multirole radar, not shown
Apparently Gefest like ballistic computer and sensor suite, not demonstrated
New unified data-link system
New navigation suite with TACAN, modern laser gyro INS, latter not shown.
Indigenous made landing gear
Indigenous made engine
Indigenous developed and made ejection seat

ECM pods are like a FBW system absent and a modern targeting pod was only displayed by the IRGC.

I wish they had utilized the Turbon fan variant. From engineering perspective, I appreciate this effort. They have integrated many complex subsystems. This itself is an achievement and a proof that Iran's industry can make complex systems. However, I am still troubled and majorly disappointed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom