What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Two squadrons is what I have heared..also remember I was once told by some one more familiar with kowsar that it is fly by wire Mil 1553..no confirmation on that but I know the avionics are Mil StD 1553 interface so it makes sense..if it turns out that the controls are indeed fly by wire..it will justify all the testing..that is my next plan to find out..lol
It shouldn't be necessary as F-5 predating fly-by-wire, is inherently stable and easy to control as far as I know. As opposed to F-16 that is VERY unstable to give it an edge in dogfighting.

Is there a kitchen and toilets inside of a Su-35?
Screenshot_510.png

IMG_1174.jpg

This is inside Su-34, the pilots can take sandwich and pee so they perform better on mission

As well as a little dormitory in case of long distances travels

It shouldn't be necessary as F-5 predating fly-by-wire, is inherently stable and easy to control as far as I know. As opposed to F-16 that is VERY unstable to give it an edge in dogfighting.
Yes you do not need fly by wire for kowsar type but at some point If Iran wants to develop larger passenger or higher generation military aircraft you have to have experience with fly by wire. It is a massive step jumping from cable/ pully control of surfaces to step motor and data control....If not in Kowsar I we may see that in Kowsar block II..I hope.

Yes you do not need fly by wire for kowsar type but at some point If Iran wants to develop larger passenger or higher generation military aircraft you have to have experience with fly by wire. It is a massive step jumping from cable/ pully control of surfaces to step motor and data control....If not in Kowsar I we may see that in Kowsar block II..I hope.
Yes I thought about it too but they could have tested it in a different F5 instead of delaying the Kowsar. They must be planning to take advantage of Fly-by-wire somehow

did they change the angle of attack on the wing or tail?

Yes I thought about it too but they could have tested it in a different F5 instead of delaying the Kowsar. They must be planning to take advantage of Fly-by-wire somehow

did they change the angle of attack on the wing or tail?
I would not know that..I am not an Aerodynamics guy..lol.. I do electtonics and system integration but I read something on Yasin by the chief designer..he said we used for the first time " nonlinear control surface " and this can be recorded as an invention..what that means I have no idea.

Is there a kitchen and toilets inside of a Su-35?
View attachment 922380
View attachment 922381
This is inside Su-34, the pilots can take sandwich and pee so they perform better on mission

As well as a little dormitory in case of long distances travels
SU-34 and SU35 have the same progenitor, but then they had different developments, the SU-34 has a few more accessories for the well-being of the pilots, but they are not the ones in the photos
the first is the toilet of the new Il-76MD-90A
while the second photo is an accessory of the Boeing 737-800NG
https://www.ruaviation.com/docs/2/2011/5/31/33/?h
In the SU-34 for some needs they use the ones visible in this video

Probably somewhere between 5k - 10k per for each conversion kit I'd reckon. Quite achievable given Russia's large military budget, which probably is even larger now than what we last knew.

Yea, absolutely. Very economical way to turn an old weapon into a new and more dangerous weapon. The era of flying over targets is OVER. Bomber aircraft are now just mobile cruise missile platforms.

The Su-35 could revive Iran's Air Force​

posted by Amir on March 31, 2023

The Su-35SE's projected purchase aims to revive an air force that is a shadow of its former glory; once the most powerful in the region, the IRIAF is now burdened by a fleet of tired, ageing aircraft. The service's prominence in Iran's military strategy has diminished as a result. Depending on how well the Su-35 is integrated and received by Iran, the 'Super Flanker' could reverse that trend and alter priorities for Iranian military planning going into the future.

Full article on IranGeoMil blog: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2023/03/the-su-35-could-revive-irans-air-force.html

The Su-35SE's projected purchase aims to revive an air force that is a shadow of its former glory; once the most powerful in the region, the IRIAF is now burdened by a fleet of tired, ageing aircraft. The service's prominence in Iran's military strategy has diminished as a result. Depending on how well the Su-35 is integrated and received by Iran, the 'Super Flanker' could reverse that trend and alter priorities for Iranian military planning going into the future.

Full article on IranGeoMil blog: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2023/03/the-su-35-could-revive-irans-air-force.html

Hö?

"Examples of Su-35 technologies completely new to the IRIAF:
  • Phased Array Radars - I thought Iran already produced some
  • Modern IRST
  • Medium-range ARH missiles - I thought Iran already build ARH missiles
  • Helmet Mounted Sight - In the article they self said that it has HUD
  • Thrust Vectoring
  • Tactical Datalink - Iran F-14A?
  • MAWS - Iran F-14A?"

Hö?

• Phased Array Radars - I thought Iran already produced some
  • Modern IRST
  • Medium-range ARH missiles - I thought Iran already build ARH missiles
  • Helmet Mounted Sight - In the article they self said that it has HUD
  • Thrust Vectoring
  • Tactical Datalink - Iran F-14A?
  • MAWS - Iran F-14A?"
  • Phased Array Radars - I thought Iran already produced some new to the IRIAF
  • Modern IRST
  • Medium-range ARH missiles - I thought Iran already build ARH missiles some sources say Fakour is ARH but others say SARH. In its test firing the pilots said "Fox-1" which is for SARH
  • Helmet Mounted Sight - In the article they self said that it has HUD Helmet mounted sight is different to HUD. HUD is mounted on the 'dash' of the cockpit
  • Thrust Vectoring
  • Tactical Datalink - Iran F-14A? Lack of datalink was one of the differences between Iranian and USN Tomcats
  • MAWS - Iran F-14A?" Nope

Iran's air force is still good and modernized. Yes, the addition of the Su-35s will strengthen Iran's air force. Without forgetting the Kowsar, the new Kowsar to modify under another name to come, F-313 drone version and perhaps the manned version too, Yasin and more.

Silly article, you can't revive something that's not dead.

Jokes aside, how is Iran going to integrate this thing? I'm assuming that they will be deployed in areas covered by S-300 batteries. But how is this plane going to talk to everything else?

Is Iran going to build S-108 datalink into platforms like Kowsar? How is this thing going to talk to F-14?

A collection of airplanes does not make an air force. There's a lot of work to be done.

Amir..I read your full article which I recommend everyone to read ..just one word..Excellent.:smitten:

• Phased Array Radars - I thought Iran already produced some new to the IRIAF
  • Modern IRST
  • Medium-range ARH missiles - I thought Iran already build ARH missiles some sources say Fakour is ARH but others say SARH. In its test firing the pilots said "Fox-1" which is for SARH
  • Helmet Mounted Sight - In the article they self said that it has HUD Helmet mounted sight is different to HUD. HUD is mounted on the 'dash' of the cockpit
  • Thrust Vectoring
  • Tactical Datalink - Iran F-14A? Lack of datalink was one of the differences between Iranian and USN Tomcats
  • MAWS - Iran F-14A?" Nope
I know jumping the gun since su 35 hasn’t even arrived, unless it has and we don’t know it yet, but I really wonder why Russia just doesn’t pitch the su 57 I would think they could use the investment and have another country by their next gen aircraft, doesn’t seem like China will be buying anymore fighter jets or bombers in the future so iran could be the biggest importer of Russian hardware.

Back
Top Bottom