What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

170253107.jpg

Today I found this interesting article titled:
The latest achievement of Iran's aviation industry; Zero to 100 "Yasin" training jet in conversation with designers and manufacturers: Yasin will meet all the training needs of the air force
https://www.ghatreh.com/news/nn1401...ایع-هوایی-ایران-صفر-آموزشی-یاسین-گفتگو-طراحان

But the following question from the reporter caught my attention:

** Close air support version of Yasin is coming

He also says about other versions of Yasin and its ability to be used in combat operations: this aircraft will have a CAS or close air support version in the future, which will be a single-pilot version, leading to a weapon that can currently be installed on the training version. Yes, it is a training weapon for pilot training.

** نسخه پشتیبانی نزدیک هوایی یاسین در راه است
وی همچنین درباره دیگر نسخه‌های یاسین و قابلیت بکارگیری آن در عملیات‌های رزمی نیز می‌گوید: این هواپیما یک ورژن CAS یا پشتیبانی نزدیک هوایی نیز در آینده خواهد داشت که این نسخه تک خلبانه خواهد بود، منتهی سلاحی که در حال حاضر قابلیت نصب روی نسخه آموزشی را دارد، سلاح آموزشی برای آموزش خلبانان است.

Unless you are a decision maker "in the know", theirs no way you can present this as fact.
Of course he could. His explanation perfectly complies with Occams’s Razor. Counter-arguments, OTOH, by the very nature of OR need proof. Especially with their more complex and ‘conspiratorial’ bent. There have been good arguments, mind you. But they are far from overcoming OR.

Last edited:
Russia is now attaching old FAB-500 bombs to gliders with GPS tracking on them. Which has turned a dumb bomb where you had to fly over the target into a long-range precision bomb. Similar solution to what Iran is putting on F4's and SU-22's. The Ukrainians are reporting this has significantly increased Russia's air strike capabilities.

picsu22.png

Russia is now attaching old FAB-500 bombs to gliders with GPS tracking on them. Which has turned a dumb bomb where you had to fly over the target into a long-range precision bomb. Similar solution to what Iran is putting on F4's and SU-22's. The Ukrainians are reporting this has significantly increased Russia's air strike capabilities.

picsu22.png
Probably somewhere between 5k - 10k per for each conversion kit I'd reckon. Quite achievable given Russia's large military budget, which probably is even larger now than what we last knew.

And I actually agree with the second point. It makes your first point mental gymnastics. If Iran was arming Ukraine, then Russia would call the highest levels of Iranian government and discuss this with them. Not rely on “Twitter” posts as their source of information.
I agree that they won't act based on a twitter post, that they would want to confirm this through other intelligence methods

but we don't know how they would act based on that information, maybe they'll keep their cards close to their chest.

I agree that they won't act based on a twitter post, that they would want to confirm this through other intelligence methods

but we don't know how they would act based on that information, maybe they'll keep their cards close to their chest.
I promised that I will investigate about Kowsar production..here is what I know now..

Iran follows a western style aircraft development process..part of that process is production of 4 to 5 Pre Production samples..those four kowsars already delivered are the PP samples ..After air force fully tests them in actual operations the " limited Production " will start with all the minor adjustments discovered during PP phase..so I expect these 4 will go through some Retrofit and join with the 8 more being built in the production line now...painted military style and delivered in one squadron batch..(this is my educated guess!)..I also read that Yasin will also have 4 PP units built.

I promised that I will investigate about Kowsar production..here is what I know now..

Iran follows a western style aircraft development process..part of that process is production of 4 to 5 Pre Production samples..those four kowsars already delivered are the PP samples ..After air force fully tests them in actual operations the " limited Production " will start with all the minor adjustments discovered during PP phase..so I expect these 4 will go through some Retrofit and join with the 8 more being built in the production line now...painted military style and delivered in one squadron batch..(this is my educated guess!)..I also read that Yasin will also have 4 PP units built.
It makes sense, explains why the production seemingly stopped at 4. Though you would expect much less testing in a plane that's first iteration was already sufficiently tested 60 years ago but fair enough.

Did you hear anything about how many units are planned?

It makes sense, explains why the production seemingly stopped at 4. Though you would expect much less testing in a plane that's first iteration was already sufficiently tested 60 years ago but fair enough.

Did you hear anything about how many units are planned?
Two squadrons is what I have heared..also remember I was once told by some one more familiar with kowsar that it is fly by wire Mil 1553..no confirmation on that but I know the avionics are Mil StD 1553 interface so it makes sense..if it turns out that the controls are indeed fly by wire..it will justify all the testing..that is my next plan to find out..lol

Back
Top Bottom