What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

They are already built aircraft, at least the first 24 are
They are specifically export versions and therefore could hardly be used with the parameters of the VVS RF.
Therefore SU-35 for export but made for Egypt's needs and specifications, therefore it is probable that they have returned to the aeronautical workshops to be updated to the requests and specifications requested by the IRIAF.
Finally I think that all of us, myself included, spend useless words, because:
1) The deal has been confirmed;
2) No official information that this agreement is not true;
3) But until the delivery takes place, everything is possible;
4) Therefore all of us instead of making statements without proof with which only personal hypotheses are made and as the only consequence leads others to always respond with only hypotheses not having certain proofs; this will lead to an endless discussion, just taking up space, while the obvious thing to do inherent in the SU-35 issue would be to wait for events.
All good points, I just want to remind everyone that they seized India's T90 tanks

So yes, until the delivery takes place, everything is possible.

Simply because they need it for themselves.

Don’t listen to nonsense that @Hack-Hook says. Russian Air Force is largely intact and operates away from front line due to lack air superiority.

But don’t believe me:

“In terms of whether or not Russia is massing its aircraft for some massive aerial attack, we don’t currently see that,” Austin said Feb. 14 in Brussels. “We do know that Russia has a substantial number of aircraft in its inventory and a lot of capability left

“Russia’s failure to gain air superiority has meant its forces have had to engage targets in Ukraine from long range, with extensive use made of cruise missiles and other weapons,” the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) wrote in its annual Military Balance report, released Feb. 15. “Air forces on both sides have suffered losses. Russia in 2022 lost some 6–8 percent of its active tactical combat aircraft inventory, but overall fleet size somewhat masks the loss to some individual types, including reductions reaching 10-15 percent for some pre-war active multirole and ground-attack aircraft fleets.”

If Russia doesn’t give SU-35 to Iran it’s because it never intended to not because they need 24 fighters jets when they have over 900+ fighter jets. What absurd notion.

Don’t listen to nonsense that @Hack-Hook says. Russian Air Force is largely intact and operates away from front line due to lack air superiority.

But don’t believe me:

“In terms of whether or not Russia is massing its aircraft for some massive aerial attack, we don’t currently see that,” Austin said Feb. 14 in Brussels. “We do know that Russia has a substantial number of aircraft in its inventory and a lot of capability left

“Russia’s failure to gain air superiority has meant its forces have had to engage targets in Ukraine from long range, with extensive use made of cruise missiles and other weapons,” the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) wrote in its annual Military Balance report, released Feb. 15. “Air forces on both sides have suffered losses. Russia in 2022 lost some 6–8 percent of its active tactical combat aircraft inventory, but overall fleet size somewhat masks the loss to some individual types, including reductions reaching 10-15 percent for some pre-war active multirole and ground-attack aircraft fleets.”

If Russia doesn’t give SU-35 to Iran it’s because it never intended to not because they need 24 fighters jets when they have over 900+ fighter jets. What absurd notion.
First of all, you're right, Russian Air Force is mostly intact, what they lack is precision guided munitions not planes. That being said, Ukraine is a huge country, a lot of squadrons you have to keep operational and they only have like 110 Su-35s out of 600 or so flanker fleet.

It's not a Su-24 Iran is asking it's the best air superiority fighter of the Russian air force and western fighter planes are being talked about as potential donations to Ukraine.

lastly, with the sanctions in place, we don't know how what the spare part situation is like and those 24 planes might just be needed even for certain spare parts.

If you were in charge of Russia, would you be comfortable giving up some of your best planes in the middle of this war?

I don't know, I hope everything works out in the end.

More Iranian weapons showing up in Ukraine.

I can only imagine the mental gymnastics our brother @SalarHaqq will have to jump thru to rationalize this development.

I consistently stressed Iran is not selling rockets to the Ukrainian regime or armed forces, do you mean to deny this?

If so, then it's your suggestion that would be calling for mental gymnastics, seeing how you'd be stipulating a regime which has officially labeled Iran as an "enemy" state and has openly claimed responsibility for a failed drone attack in Iran, is somehow being sold weaponry by that same Iran. Moreover you'd be insinuating against historic precedent that Iran will happily backstab a strategic partner.

Not to mention that none of these "Tweets" prove much: a paint job is all that's needed to pretend some munition rounds were made in Iran. And the US regime has a clearly documented motive to engage in such narratives, something their "think tanks" are on the record for advocating in their publications. In fact, imagining that after the significant Russian-Iranian rapprochement the common enemy, known for its well-funded propaganda machinery will refrain from spreading exactly this sort of fake news would be naive.

So this is simply putting two and two together. Iran is not supplying munitions to Ukraine no matter how many "Tweets" (always from NATO-supporters by the way) will try to pretend otherwise. They're only doing their propaganda job, no more no less.

Russian-Iranian strategic cooperation will keep expanding and there's nothing zionists and the CIA can do about it notwithstanding the psy-ops they disseminate on "social media" in hopes driving wedges between Tehran and Moscow. Should anyone be having an issue with the inevitable decline of US imperialism and hegemony, I'd recommend getting used to the new reality.

Last edited:
Not to mention that none of these "Tweets" prove anything at all: a paint job is all that's needed to pretend a munition round was made in Iran.
It's clearly the same munition c'mon.
Just watch, Russian-Iranian strategic cooperation will keep expanding and there's nothing zionists and the CIA can do about it with their cheap psy-ops propaganda intended to drive wedges between Tehran and Moscow.
meanwhile zionists:
Putin-696x411.jpg

Did they celebrate it or claim responsibility?

A senior aide to the Ukrainian president writing online, "Explosive night in Iran. Did warn you", tends to sound like a little more than mere celebration, it insinuates involvement even if it doesn't spell it out. Not that Ukrainian participation would be a realistic hypothesis of course, they quite surely had nothing to do with it but either way this is an expression of hostility, which compounds my conclusion.

Iran-Ukraine relations are at such a low point that this alone makes any notion of ongoing weapons deals between the two sides more than improbable. This is without mentioning all the other facts which speak against it.

It's clearly the same munition c'mon.

Zero evidence for this claim, anyone can perform a simple paint job. What's more, there's a difference between some third party re-selling Iranian manufactured items from their stocks to Ukraine (in this case, production dates on those munitions may still be faked) and Iran doing so deliberately and on her own.

meanwhile zionists:
Putin-696x411.jpg

The regime in Tel Aviv has a problem with the deepening ties between Iran and Russia. This is a fact, and the picture above changes nothing about it.

https://www.jns.org/israels-dilemma-in-the-face-of-deepening-russia-iran-ties/

Last edited:
A senior aide to the Ukrainian president writing online, "Explosive night in Iran. Did warn you", tends to sound like a little more than mere celebration, it insinuates involvement even if it doesn't spell it out. Not that Ukrainian participation would be a realistic hypothesis of course, they quite surely had nothing to do with it but either way this is an expression of hostility, which compounds my conclusion.

Iran-Ukraine relations are at such a low point that this alone makes any notion of ongoing weapons deals between the two sides more than improbable. This is without mentioning all the other facts which speak against it.

Zero evidence for this claim, anyone can perform a simple paint job. What's more, there's a difference between some third party re-selling Iranian manufactured items from their stocks to Ukraine (in this case, production dates on those munitions may still be faked) and Iran doing so deliberately and on her own.

The regime in Tel Aviv has a problem with the deepening of ties between Iran and Russia. This is a fact, and the picture above changes nothing about it.

https://www.jns.org/israels-dilemma-in-the-face-of-deepening-russia-iran-ties/

You don't need defend every Russian action ever in the history of Russia. They've made decisions, several incorrect ones, and it appears they will correct some of them.

First of all, you're right, Russian Air Force is mostly intact, what they lack is precision guided munitions not planes. That being said, Ukraine is a huge country, a lot of squadrons you have to keep operational and they only have like 110 Su-35s out of 600 or so flanker fleet.

It's not a Su-24 Iran is asking it's the best air superiority fighter of the Russian air force and western fighter planes are being talked about as potential donations to Ukraine.

lastly, with the sanctions in place, we don't know how what the spare part situation is like and those 24 planes might just be needed even for certain spare parts.

If you were in charge of Russia, would you be comfortable giving up some of your best planes in the middle of this war?

I don't know, I hope everything works out in the end.
They have more than enough in terms of Air-superiority and AD for their current conflict. If they are worried about expansion of conflict with other nations, It can be considered as a reason for not delivering, otherwise they backed down due to pressure. If such a scenario happens, take it from someone whose followed Iran and military for a few years, never trust them for anything. Time will tell.

Last edited:
You don't need defend every Russian action ever in the history of Russia. They've made decisions, several incorrect ones, and it appears they will correct some of them.

Who's been discussing Russian history? Not me at any rate, you may want to read my post again.

I rejected the false ideas that Iran is selling weapons to the Ukrainian regime and that Tel Aviv is unconcerned about Iran-Russia ties, that's all. Anyone claiming otherwise is welcome to produce evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

I agree that the export of Iranian weapons to Ukraine seems improbable but your inference from that quote is a massive stretch.

I agree that the export of Iranian weapons to Ukraine seems improbable but your inference from that quote is a massive stretch.

Replace "openly claimed responsibility" by "openly insinsuated responsibility" or "applauded", then. The point I sought to illustrate is Kiev's open expression of hostility towards Iran, one of several reasons why the notion of Iranian weapons supplies to Ukraine is baseless.

Last edited:
Replace "openly claimed responsibility" by "openly insinsuated responsibility" or "applauded", then. The point I sought to illustrate is Kiev's open expression of hostility towards Iran, one of many reasons why the notion of Iranian weapons supplies to Ukraine is baseless.
Still leaves us with the mystery of how they got there. It's extremely unlikely that they might be captured from the Russians. Smuggling?

Still leaves us with the mystery of how they got there. It's extremely unlikely that they might be captured from the Russians. Smuggling?
Some, including myself believe they were sold to independent arms dealers (Viktor Bout types) or 3rd party countries and re-sold/re-shipped to Ukraine

Their are a number of countries like Pakistan for example, that can facilitate this purchase and transfer since they have certain sanction exceptions.

So the proof is the red circle on the tip of the missile and the "0" in red at the bottom following a "2022" written on it?

How common is the S80F missile in the world and in eastern Europe? I mean in terms of country owning it and the numbers produced

Are there reports on  reliable outlets about this or just these random twitter accounts?

Something i read on the S-8 missile wikipedia page followed by a source
The S-8 has been used in ground-to-ground mode against Ukrainian positions at Pavlopil by pro-Russian forces during the war in Donbas
This missile seems to be virulent there

The timing is funny though, but i Wouldnt take it too serious if the proof is the red circle at the tip of the missile, all of that posted by a twitter account

And aren't there serial numbers or anything to mark them at least? Because when the US intercept weapons shipping to Yemen they always figure out to use the serial numbers as a proof as well for the drones

Wasn't Iran using the Persian calendar for every weapon they shipped, including drones in Russia? I can read "14(or 31).2022"

Beside that the timing is very doubtful

Some, including myself believe they were sold to independent arms dealers (Viktor Bout types) or 3rd party countries and re-sold/re-shipped to Ukraine

Their are a number of countries like Pakistan for example, that can facilitate this purchase and transfer since they have certain sanction exceptions.
I think the simplest is honestly the weapons seized during American and British operations off the coast of Yemen that were destined to go to Houthis.

Back
Top Bottom