What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Sanctions (at the time) did not apply to Ka-226 because it was during period of JCPOA and civilian jetliners/helicopters were allowed during that brief window.

As far as I remember they were to be used for medivac as well as search and rescue. Plus they weren’t being purchased in any serious amount of numbers to warrant possible military transfer concerns.
And just out of curiosity exactly how many of these were ultimately assembled in iran,and are currently in service?
The point I was making was that anything using major western systems,or even for that matter a small percentage of western components,effectively gives the west a veto on the supply of the finished product.

And just out of curiosity exactly how many of these were ultimately assembled in iran,and are currently in service?
The point I was making was that anything using major western systems,or even for that matter a small percentage of western components,effectively gives the west a veto on the supply of the finished product.
the deal was for 5-6 to start with and I don't recall any assembling was included in the deal , red crescent and NDMO wanted them for time of disaster and providing emergency missions in time of disaster , those helicopter were completely demilitarized

you were clear , no doubt in what you meant

Stop quoting things out of context to make out you're a victim! The comments are still there and have not been deleted like that coward Surena. I invite all to go and watch how you questioned my reading comprehension and called me a Russian agent first, whereby I replied in kind. It takes two to tango and youre not the victim here. Typical libtard croc tears!

Stop quoting things out of context to make out you're a victim! The comments are still there and have not been deleted like that coward Surena. I invite all to go and watch how you questioned my reading comprehension and called me a Russian agent first, whereby I replied in kind. It takes two to tango and youre not the victim here. Typical libtard croc tears!

I removed the posts because it's clear you have serious mental problems and it isn't noble to ridicule one for his mental deficiencies and struggles.

You should get help in stead of me laying down your insecurities.

Last edited:
I removed the posts because its clear you have serious mental problems and it isn't noble to ridicule one for his mental deficiencies and struggles.

You should get help in stead of me laying down your insecurities.

Youre neither noble or profound in the way you speak. Ad hominem is literally all you have, no other argument. But I will keep my comments there, with your quoted comments, just to show that a) ridam be heykalet, and b) that you deleted your comments whilst knowing that your deranged comments are already plain to see. And security is spreading wide for the west and being a traitor? What a plum!

Allah is helping me, who's helping you?

I dont think that there was ever any real serious chance [previously] of iran acquiring these,as the ka-226ts that were being tested in iran used french engines.Indeed I think that the only power plant choices were western,from allison ,to rr,to turbomeca.
Of course now that these are no longer an option for russia,there is a possibility of iran purchasing these helos.......provided of course that the russians can develop an indigenous engine replacement for them.

I will ask BT

ka-226 by no definition can be categorized to anything but a light utility helicopter.

Cash still goes to Moscow, you did not get my point. Arms procurement is sometimes just one country helping an allied country with cash like the Indian example. They have better western lower RCS fighter in hands like Rafale, a true 4.5 generation machine yet they are still paying 60-70 million extortion money to Russia for a 10-15 m2 RCS SU-30MKI which could not defend airspace against the Mirage-III/V. Its politics more than military strategy.

both waste of money .
and this ka-226, in 2017 they want to buy it for search and rescue but the deal didn't went through
the helicopter has weak engine only 580shp each engine in contrast bell-214 engine have 2930shp

by the way who recall this USA helicopter designed in 1953 and retired in early 70s (for the people who said ka-226 has more modern design than bell 206, 205 or 214 or saba-248)

I am not sure if Ka-226 is procured and integrated properly. I have asked for pictorial evidence and I got none so far.

As for SU-35S, its a numbers game for IRIAF.

Small order of 24 Jets or if transfer fall in the middle because of cold relations like what happened to a 72 aircraft strong order of MIG-29 only resulted in 24 fighters being transferred without the simulator,just 150 x ARH R-27ER1, will be a disaster for Iran since this will add two squadrons of another aircraft type to IRIAF's maintenance burden. It won't be enough to add anything to interception capabilities since the flanker airframe has a massive 10-15 m2 RCS and has IRBIS-E with small tracking range of 100 km with 100 km ranging BVR of export model R-77-1 for ARH BVR attack which IRIAF needs badly to counter growing arsenal of low RCS 4.5 generation western fighters around Iran. We have no answer to EF-2000, Rafale, F-18EF, F-16V all have <1 m2 RCS, have tracking ranges in excess of 150-200 KM and can fire meteor BVRAAMs and AIM-120C/D at a flanker long before IRBIS-E can even figure out what happened. In few years we will start seeing F-35 flying around us in our enemy territories as well.

On the other hand IRIAF will hit a gold mine if an order can be increased to what BT claimed to i.e. 88 fighters (24+64) or maybe just 64? This means that IRIAF can get rid of 184-190 relic fleet of F-4E/D (64), MirageF1-Q (23), F-7N (43), F-5E/F (60, can add to Kowsar production). Among these only Dowran upgraded F-4E/D offer some value as they can fire AShCM, LACMs, PGMs. Flanker can do all that much better so 88 x SU-35S can relieve IRIAF of maintaince $ of relic fleet, most of which is just for prop show. There will offcourse be lobbyism by squadrons, and maintenance/overhaul mafia to never let that happen. Different subject. Iran can settle a large deep overhaul plant inside HESA for AL-31, airframe MLU. In time these fighters can be upgraded by Russians with AESA radars. Maybe R-77M or R-37, it's wishful thinking but then long-range BVR engagement will become possible, this will even enable retirement F-14A/AM. This will all cost IRIAF some 10 Billion USD. Order will be complete in late 2020s and can allow HESA to focus on Kowsar-II, low RCS, an electronically advanced light fighter for long-range BVR interceptions and ambush attacks with TDL.

All in all SU-35S is coming to Iran in one form or another.

I May confuse Kamov with this Eurocopter, but I Will look for picture, I am almost sure I saw Kamov, with its rotor configuration it is uniqueView attachment 878165

I am afraid these are not Ka-226. If you have Ka-226 in Iranian colors then please post that along with ARH seeker of Fakour-90 that you claimed is an ARH LR-BVR missile. Just reminding.

IF you Use wikipedia for reference than there is realy nothing I can discuss with you, you can Use Google maps and count 3 times of that number Just in few air bases. Why these numbers are so low, well probably because many dont understand that IRIAF operate 10 times less helicopters than IRIAA, than you have Navy, IRGC, Police+ civilian fleet. Yes Iran realy posses 3th largest fleet, It has large civilian fleet also.. I follow Iran military for 20+ Years and this forum is realy starting to look Like fucking Child play ground... No offense, I respect every member.

How about you do something constructive for the entire forum and list these helis you see on google Maps so that we can complain to wiki page owners? In last 6 months, I have complained to a few pages on the wiki spreading false info on the Iranian military and the owners corrected it, even right now I am in talks with few pages that were using Haartez and Debkafiles as sources for Iranian military equipment. So we can do this to helis that you claim exists and wiki is being a lying bitch.

Btw wiki is no reference, wiki is where you post references for a claim. It's a platform for references, not the reference itself which is why it has a citation section. Aviation page owners of Wiki uses worldairforces/Flightglobal for aircraft count on the basis of photographed serials released by the airforces themselves. E.g. we know Iran posses some 61 airframes of F-14A by serials, number of crashes and confirmed war losses but among them how many are flyable or "operational with IRIAF" ? by serials, 41, among which how many are FMC (full mission capable) or QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) is another debate. If we go by google maps Iran also possess MIG-23, MIG-27 but we dont count those because they are not operational with IRIAF.

the deal was for 5-6 to start with and I don't recall any assembling was included in the deal , red crescent and NDMO wanted them for time of disaster and providing emergency missions in time of disaster , those helicopter were completely demilitarized
https://www.rotorandwing.com/2017/03/29/russian-helicopters-iran-sign-mou-helo-assembly/

https://www.aviationpros.com/aircra...rs-russian-helicopters-to-test-ka226t-in-iran

tumblr_inline_p6m7swhWd71qzjix8_400.gif

he may be a shahi loyalist with schizophrenia but he is seldomly wrong about IRIAF. Lets not forget this whole SU-35S thing we now hearing from our Generals first came from him ~2 years ago.

Lol he is a garbage source

SU-30/35 news has been going for YEARS

News article from 2016 (6-7 years ago)

SU-30

SU-30

J-10

Show us a source before BT saying Iran ever considered/talked about SU-35S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom