What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Show us a source before BT saying Iran ever considered/talked about SU-35S.

First of all he never leaked this ~2 years ago as you claim

first came from him ~2 years ago.

Here’s his own words

Dec 2021 to Sept 2022 is 10 months. I know you think this khos khol POS Shahist is credible, but come on he is no secret info guy.

He was wrong below, no deal was signed. By Iran’s generals own words no deal is signed nor has it even been approved by higher ups to acquire SU-35 100%

#BREAKING: By mid-January 2022, #Iran & #Russia will sign a 20 years security & defense agreement through which #Iran will procure over $10 billion USD of weapons including a military satellite, at-least 24 Su-35SE (ex-#Egypt Air Force), 2 S-400 SAM batterries & etc.

Second you need to understand 2016 articles:
Yes Iran was chasing SU-30 in 2016. What else happened then?

Let me refresh your memory:

China became the first export country to receive SU-35 in late 2016. They only received 4 SU-35, more in 2017, and the last ones in 2018.

So how would Iran procure SU-35 when only China had just recently received theirs in 2018?....given how bad Russian-Iranian arms relations were? Iran had little chance to get SU-35 back then so they settled for SU-30 and tried to insist on TOT which Russia refused.

Flash forward during Rouhani era Iran was long rumored to be in the hunt for SU-35 after a Sukhoi order book showed an unknown country scheduled to receive 50+ SU-35’s at an arm expo

Look at the date 2020

As for BT S-400 claim, here is our own @SalarHaqq posting article directly from Russian ambassador to Iran saying they may sell S-400 to Iran in 2020

What’s my point? My point is everyone on this damn forum and the OSINT community was already talking about SU-35 the last few years way before BT. Does that mean we have secret info?

BT took widely disseminated news/rumors/analysis and added in the Egyptian angle to form his own opinion just in last 10 months. He has no secret info and he is no Nostradamus....he just took recycled news.

Last edited:
I show you
How about you do something constructive for the entire forum and list these helis you see on google Maps so that we can complain to wiki page owners? In last 6 months, I have complained to a few pages on the wiki spreading false info on the Iranian military and the owners corrected it, even right now I am in talks with few pages that were using Haartez and Debkafiles as sources for Iranian military equipment. So we can do this to helis that you claim exists and wiki is being a lying bitch.

Btw wiki is no reference, wiki is where you post references for a claim. It's a platform for references, not the reference itself which is why it has a citation section. Aviation page owners of Wiki uses worldairforces/Flightglobal for aircraft count on the basis of photographed serials released by the airforces themselves. E.g. we know Iran posses some 61 airframes of F-14A by serials, number of crashes and confirmed war losses but among them how many are flyable or "operational with IRIAF" ? by serials, 41, among which how many are FMC (full mission capable) or QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) is another debate. If we go by google maps Iran also possess MIG-23, MIG-27 but we dont count those because they are not operational with IRIAF.
I show you wikipedia page for IRIAA where they list more than 300 helicopters, if Just one branche have more than 300,how than country can have 128..I told you it is nonsense

... after your previously posted three links were proven to be unrelated (not about SU-35S) ....

Where is the word on Iran showing intent towards procurement of SU-35S? The author of the article this glory tweet cited is assuming China as the primary and then India as a secondary probable client (not satisfied with flanker) then Algeria as all are already long time users of Flanker family. There is no single piece of info on Iran being interested or showing intent other than author's assumption of probability. No claims made!

While BT's tweet was not an assumption based upon probability, it was a Detailed Claim of a Iran-Russia Deal/Understanding for 24 x SU-35S for OIL $$ + Pilots/technicians already trained. IRIAF's interest in SU-35S later got repeated by Chief of IRIAF. Do we have any other source mentioning Iran signing deals/MoUs with Russia for SU-35S before December 2021? None. There was not a single word of Iran showing any intent for SU-35S before Schizo's own tweet in late 2021 just weeks after Bagheri met Russian MoD in Moscow. An author may opine XYZ plane seems probable for ABC country's AF but that does not imply that they are saying that the country is actually pursuing that plane.

I care for a journalist's IRIAF related info where he is roughly 7-8/10 times right. You may have better sources inside chief of IRIAF's office then BT but I don't.

Here is the timeline of IRIAF's interests in last decade according to BT

SU-30SM (Iran requested, Russia Declined)
SU-27M3 (Russia offered, Iran declined)
J-10C (Iran evaluated, IRIAF rejected)
JH-7 (Iran evaluated, IRIAF rejected)
SU-35S (Iran requested in late 2021, Russia Accepted, 24, 64 or 88???)

As for BT S-400 claim, here is our own @SalarHaqq posting article directly from Russian ambassador to Iran saying they may sell S-400 to Iran in 2020

Nobody talked about the S-400. Very different case.

SU-30SM (Iran requested, Russia Declined)
SU-27M3 (Russia offered, Iran declined)
J-10C (Iran evaluated, IRIAF rejected)
JH-7 (Iran evaluated, IRIAF rejected)
SU-35S (Iran requested in late 2021, Russia Accepted, 24, 64 or 88???)
Doubt IRIAF was offered J-10C, they are certainly not in a position to reject it if offered.

I show you

I show you wikipedia page for IRIAA where they list more than 300 helicopters, if Just one branche have more than 300,how than country can have 128..I told you it is nonsense

For that another simple indicator is the amount of military helicopters imported (essentially if not exclusively from the USA) prior to the Islamic Revolution by the shah regime. If I'm not mistaken that number stood at around 700.

Although some were lost during the Imposed War, Islamic Iran rapidly acquired the proficiency to repair damage ones and return these to service, to maintain and overhaul the fleet domestically and then to launch her own production lines. It's probable that some locally produced Panha-2091 Toufan and Shahed-285 attack choppers were added to the arsenal, as well as some of the Iranian-made utility helicopters. In addition to the Mi-17's bought from Russia for the IRGC.

Which implies that we can't be too far from the 600-700 Iran used to field in 1979. Minimum number is 500-600 I'd say. 700 units would put Iran in fourth position among nations worldwide in terms of military helicopters according to that one Wikipedia list which got the data for Iran completely wrong. 600 units would place Iran in seventh position ex aequo with India (not counting the additional EU entry in that chart).

Last edited:
Doubt IRIAF was offered J-10C, they are certainly not in a position to reject it if offered.

Dont shoot the messenger.

I was presenting what certain aviation journalist has claimed to be IRIAF's interests over the years. He is right or wrong is not my concern here.

I show you

The page does not list any figure even close to 300 in the fleet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Army_Aviation#Current_aircraft_inventory? the digit 300 comes from Gen. Ghorbani, head of IRIAA and only him. The IRIAA page is using the very same worldairforces (global standard) as a reference which lists the total fleet being 128 helis strong across all regular branches and IRGC. I counted again.

See the thing is if our intention here is to challenge Wikipedia for their bigotry against Iran we need to have strong evidence like you were mentioning google maps or some reference data as we have of IRIAF fixed wing fleet or IRIIN fleet. Ironically our national media is just too lame to cover anything related to defense professionally let alone count our military hardware so its up to us, iranian defense followers to do something about it. If you have authentic evidence of Fakour-90 being ARH or heli fleet being 300+ strong then we need to use that evidence to challenge/edit the false info on wiki pages.

J10-A not J10-C

Tomayto, Tomahto

Tomayto, Tomahto
Come on the difference over J-10B is adding Infrared seeker , adding AESA radar , changing engine to WS-10B and capability to fire PL-10 and PL-15
and now J-10B advancement over J-10A is it become lighter , RCS get reduced and E/O targeting system added to it , it was equipped with laser rangefinders , it was equipped with a more capable electronic countermeasure and warning system . the difference is more than Tomayto and Tomahto

The page does not list any figure even close to 300 in the fleet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Army_Aviation#Current_aircraft_inventory? the digit 300 comes from Gen. Ghorbani, head of IRIAA and only him. The IRIAA page is using the very same worldairforces (global standard) as a reference which lists the total fleet being 128 helis strong across all regular branches and IRGC. I counted again.

See the thing is if our intention here is to challenge Wikipedia for their bigotry against Iran we need to have strong evidence like you were mentioning google maps or some reference data as we have of IRIAF fixed wing fleet or IRIIN fleet. Ironically our national media is just too lame to cover anything related to defense professionally let alone count our military hardware so its up to us, iranian defense followers to do something about it. If you have authentic evidence of Fakour-90 being ARH or heli fleet being 300+ strong then we need to use that evidence to challenge/edit the false info on wiki pages.

Tomayto, Tomahto
OK I am Done discussing with you, you dont have Knowledge about even basic stuff, well known, discussed already 15 yrs ago at first IMF... I didnt post wikipedia quote to proove my claim, I dont have to, it is well known fact... I post it it to prove wikipedia should not be used as Source for Iran military, and if you dont Know, I dont Know how you end up at military forum.. IRAN has around 50 CH47, more than 70 Mil 8/17/171..that is Already 120..now go and learn some stuff and get **** off..
Screenshot_20220914_105148.jpg

Last edited:
OK I am Done discussing with you, you dont have Knowledge about even basic stuff, well known, discussed already 15 yrs ago at first IMF... I didnt post wikipedia quote to proove my claim, I dont have to, it is well known fact... I post it it to prove wikipedia should not be used as Source for Iran military, and if you dont Know, I dont Know how you end up at military forum.. IRAN has around 50 CH47, more than 70 Mil 8/17/171..that is Already 120..now go and learn some stuff and get **** off..View attachment 879020
Im happy that Iran is giving missiles and drones a priority. But its a mistake in my eyes that they are not caring for the airforce (I mean 5th gen fighter jets) and so on. Because the pilots are definitly one of the best. And Investment in strong points is important. Hope we get some Su - 35 in large numbers at least, an some J-10B. Would be nice. And, Iran should not develop its own manned fighterjets. Would definitly make more sense to go for 6th gen development wich means unmanned Fighter aircraft with AI. Goal should be 2035.
Iran can get along with these 4+ generation and 5th gen fighter aircraft until 2035.
Only an opinion.

In martike BT che adame gohi hast.

Some crazy *** dude who fled Iran likely a Shahist-MKO supporter. Hates anything IRGC and loves anything IRIAF.

His predictions back in the day were bonkers. I’m quite sure he used to go by an alias named “Michael something” claiming he was was high level in IRGC and defected and was fearful of his life.

Then when that act got old, he pivoted to the Iran freedom fighter/Shahi supporter. You have to ask how someone this stupid and mentally ill can stay relevant without support of foreign governments?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom