What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi, Commander of the Air Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran, said the purchase of Sukhoi 35 fighters from Russia is on the Air Force's agenda.
He stated that the purchase of Sukhoi 30 is not in the plan and currently the purchase of Sukhoi 35 from Russia is discussed, adding: This issue is on the agenda and we hope to be able to get these fighters in the future.

The Commander of the Air Force also emphasized that the final decision on the purchase of Sukhoi 35 fighter jets from Russia rests with the Army Command and the General Staff Command of the Armed Forces
Copy/paste from twitter account MESHKAT, Just to be clear, I would Just copy post but there was no english version

@Hack-Hook vaaaaay Amoo Hook, roozet kharab shod, na? 😁

Last edited:
Maybe because these weapons could be useful to Iran I would imagine ?
will they be ?
for Bastion , we have persian gulf , and Hormoz and if i'm not wrong one version of zolfaqar .
For S-400 we have our bavar.
T-90 , well we have Karrar .
new cannon , engine . we will see how russia is willing to do that.

Su-30, Su-35 honnestly there is literally pages on why those two airplane belong to an era bygone . future airplane must have lower RCS than those two and must be able to control drones , must have AESA radars and a capable and strong link , otherwise they are obsolete

Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi, Commander of the Air Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran, said the purchase of Sukhoi 35 fighters from Russia is on the Air Force's agenda.
He stated that the purchase of Sukhoi 30 is not in the plan and currently the purchase of Sukhoi 35 from Russia is discussed, adding: This issue is on the agenda and we hope to be able to get these fighters in the future.

The Commander of the Air Force also emphasized that the final decision on the purchase of Sukhoi 35 fighter jets from Russia rests with the Army Command and the General Staff Command of the Armed Forces
Copy/paste from twitter account MESHKAT, Just to be clear, I would Just copy post but there was no english version
you mean this ?
ProjectMeshkat

i could not find that can you link to the tweet .

@Hack-Hook vaaaaay Amoo Hook, roozet kharab shob, na? 😁
Link please , just some unnamed twitter account mention something , don't mean that is true.
maybe you mean this account

Meshkat

by the way in 2016 iran defence minister said they sign a contract with russia for Su-30sm what happened to that .

Last edited:
We have similar weapons but are they as good ? isn't it better to diversify ? Also Iran's airforce is aging. A few dozen flankers with IRST pods and some upgrades for Mig-29s would not be a bad idea. Also such a transaction could lead to bigger and better thing in the future.

will they be ?
for Bastion , we have persian gulf , and Hormoz and if i'm not wrong one version of zolfaqar .
For S-400 we have our bavar.
T-90 , well we have Karrar .
new cannon , engine . we will see how russia is willing to do that.

Su-30, Su-35 honnestly there is literally pages on why those two airplane belong to an era bygone . future airplane must have lower RCS than those two and must be able to control drones , must have AESA radars and a capable and strong link , otherwise they are obsolete

In an interview with the Iranian Borna agency, Iranian Army Air Force Commander general Hamid Vahedi said that at the moment the purchase of the Su-30 is not on the plans and on the agenda of the IRIAF now it's buying Su-35 fighters from Russia
Link
%

We have similar weapons but are they as good ? isn't it better to diversify ? Also Iran's airforce is aging. A few dozen flankers with IRST pods and some upgrades for Mig-29s would not be a bad idea. Also such a transaction could lead to bigger and better thing in the future.
i believe bavar is better than s-400 it only have less range , its S-500 radar that meet Bavar Radar standards not S-400 and for that we are working on newer version of Sayyad missile

T-90 is upgraded T-72 , karrar is upgraded T-72
bastion well ours at least have higher range , about effectiveness well it was not fired in anger yet so i can't say for sure . but i'm certain on one think , it improve if we work on it , if we stop working on it and go buy foreign system with same mission , it won't improve ot its improvement slow down.

about airplane , flanker only id better from a light/medium fighter in range , a j-10c or JF-17 block3 have far better avionic and radar and have more modern electrical system . so no flanker is no good . i believe we must focus on turning kowsar into such platform not going on shopping spree , our budget for increasing military power for all the branches are just 4 milliard Euro , we cant afford to use it on buying old technology because we think we must do something for airforce , more importantly if we turn Kowsar int something like J-10c, JF-17 block III ,JAS-39 C\E or mig-35 before Russia dumb it down because they could not produce necessary electronic subsystem after 2016 . then we have an airplane both IRIAF and IRGCAF can use and it made our logistic and supply and maintenance streamlined instead of the mess it is now

about our mig-29 they are really old and have limited capabilities , their radar is even inferior to prototype mig-29 , they don't have fly by wire capability and nearly half their weight is the systems that control its flying. have no data link . the only thing that made them above F-5 is their engine . if we want to upgrade them it probably will be nearly as expensive as buying new ones

Last edited:
In an interview with the Iranian Borna agency, Iranian Army Air Force Commander general Hamid Vahedi said that at the moment the purchase of the Su-30 is not on the plans and on the agenda of the IRIAF now it's buying Su-35 fighters from Russia
Link
%
Borna news i don't rely on it that much , but as he said defense ministry and army must decide at the end and thank God his boss's there think otherwise and believe we can build our aircraft

Well China has potent air defense systems and they even export them but they bought the S-400 just to diversify their inventory and open the door to purchasing the S-500, which can shoot down hypersonic missiles in space.

The Chinese also produce more 5th generation fighter jets than Russia but they still bought Russian jets and hardware just to study them and to diversify their inventory. Also if Iran is trading it's drones for those Russian weapons, then Iran is not really paying full price is it ?

F-5 is honestly a light fighter jet, it can't carry enough payload. A few dozen SU-35s and SU-30's perhaps with technology transfers, license built, would be a good boost for the Iranian airforce. Many of Iran's airframes are simply too old, they won't hold up in a war. Also jointly working on helicopters with Russia would give Iran's helicopter industry a huge boost as well.

Iran's airforce needs a new medium-heavy airframes just to stay relevant. Drones are great but are vulnerable to being hacked, the transmission can be disrupted using EW methods and they're not nearly as fast or maneuverable as a jet. Also a fighter jet is manually controlled by a human pilot, so it can never be tricked into landing in enemy territory or tricked into bombing its own base for example.

Satellites, Iran has been working on them for years, but now thanks to that recent deal with Russia Iran has a military satellite up and running as we speak. A few of those satellites will greatly enhances Iran's capabilities until Iran's own Space launch vehicles catch up. Also potential technology transfers will give Iran's own space industry a boost and potentially save Iran from years of failed experiments and billions in R&D. How do you think the Chinese did it ? They initially got everything from the Soviets.

I'm not sure if Iran has the means to build something like S-500. It might take Iran another decade or longer. Buying a few S-400 batteries opens the door to purchasing the S-500. T-90 components or license built opens the door to the T-14 Armata in the future. Some say that Russia is a declining power but it still has alot of useful things Iran needs. Like I said if Iran is selling its drones to Russia and the cost to Iran is 25%-50% then those Russian weapons going to cost Iran alot less anyways.

i believe bavar is better than s-400 it only have less range , its S-500 radar that meet Bavar Radar standards not S-400 and for that we are working on newer version of Sayyad missile

T-90 is upgraded T-72 , karrar is upgraded T-72
bastion well ours at least have higher range , about effectiveness well it was not fired in anger yet so i can't say for sure . but i'm certain on one think , it improve if we work on it , if we stop working on it and go buy foreign system with same mission , it won't improve ot its improvement slow down.

about airplane , flanker only id better from a light/medium fighter in range , a j-10c or JF-17 block3 have far better avionic and radar and have more modern electrical system . so no flanker is no good . i believe we must focus on turning kowsar into such platform not going on shopping spree , our budget for increasing military power for all the branches are just 4 milliard Euro , we cant afford to use it on buying old technology because we think we must do something for airforce , more importantly if we turn Kowsar int something like J-10c, JF-17 block III ,JAS-39 C\E or mig-35 before Russia dumb it down because they could not produce necessary electronic subsystem after 2016 . then we have an airplane both IRIAF and IRGCAF can use and it made our logistic and supply and maintenance streamlined instead of the mess it is now

Last edited:
They also produce more 5th generation fighter jets can Russia but they still bought Russian jets and hardware just to study them and to diversify their inventory.
at the time they didn;t as when russia made offer to them on su-35 they refused to buy any more, and why diversify airforce it only make maintenance harder
Also if Iran is trading it's drones for those Russian weapons, then Iran is not really paying full price is it ?
i yet to see those drones and no we will pay full price and they pay full price but the problem is that depending on what type of drone we giving them the price of all of them will be equal to 1-2 Su-35 and my problem with Su-35 is not completely with its price its more with its electronic an by the amount we pay for those su-35 we can produce a lot more locally or we can buy twice as much light/medium airplane with more modern equipment from countries like china
F-5 is honestly a light fighter jet, it can't carry enough payload. A few dozen SU-35s and SU-30's perhaps with technology transfers, license built, would be a good boost for the Iranian airforce. Many of Iran's airframes are simply too old, they won't hold up in a war.
russia won't give us that about F-5 can't carry much if you put a more powerful engine like ws-13 or rd-33 or our domestic turbofan engine on it why not its roughly the same size as Grippen-C (f-5 have 10cm less wingspan , is 50cm longer and 40cm less height) and grippen-c can carry 4 meteor + 2x IRIS-T and one hard point reserved for Digital Joint Reconnaissance Pod that cover FLIR and ECM and E/O end have one hard point empty that can be equipped with 3-4 SDB)

It might take Iran another decade or longer. Buying a few S-400 batteries opens the door to purchasing the S-500 and like I said if Iran is selling its drone to Russia and the cost to Iran is 25%-50% then those Russian weapons are a bargain.
iran may not be able to build something like s-500 but we can build something better than s-400 and in fact our bavar radar is better than s-400 and iran defence ministry stated that we soon unveil the next generation of bavar which is even better than s-400 so buying s-400 right now make no sense . our current system is more resilliant to electronic warfare and only its missile have less range than one of its missile (40n6e) that i\m sure russia won't give us and sayyad-4 cover the next best missile

you mean this ?
ProjectMeshkat

i could not find that can you link to the tweet .

Link please , just some unnamed twitter account mention something , don't mean that is true.
maybe you mean this account

Meshkat

by the way in 2016 iran defence minister said they sign a contract with russia for Su-30sm what happened to that .

Ask Sanel since he was the one who posted the information.

Valee in ye chak dar e goosh e anhaye ke migoftan neeroo havayee hich fa'aliyati nemikone. Alan behtarin vaght e kharidan e havapaymaye jangade az roosiye hast.

Ask Sanel since he was the one who posted the information.

Valee in ye chak dar e goosh e anhaye ke migoftan neeroo havayee hich fa'aliyati nemikone. Alan behtarin vaght e kharidan e havapaymaye jangade az roosiye hast.
It is literary 1 post under that account, in fact second, there is one pinned.. but It doesnt mater, they are not Source, news is literary all over Internet, twitter, Instagram..Problem is, he did not Read post carefuly, Reason I didnt Just embeded twitter post is because there is no english post.. So I translated it

Like I said, I think Russia has some things Iran needs and Iran has UAVs which Russia currently needs. I think it's a win win for both sides. A mutually beneficial deal. With all the sanctions imposed on Russia and the west showing its true face, there's no better time than now for Iran to work with Russia.

Yes if Iran's F-5's had a more powerful engine, "if" but if they could they would have already. I think SU-30/SU-35 are great multirole fighter jets. Their IRLS pods are an excellent counter measure against 5th generation stealth jets. Iran needs to replace some of its older airframes, the F-4s are already 50 years old, how long do you think they will last ? 60 ? 70 ? years ? come on man Iran needs something new. Also the J-7s need to be put into storage as well, they're obsolete and should be sold to Ethiopia or something.

How many years has Iran been working on SLVs and Satellites. Because of the deal with Russia, Iran has a military spy satellite up and running RIGHT NOW, not in 5 years or wtv timeline Iranian government will try to set.

I'm not saying Iran should stop developing its industry. But think about it, Iran's drones are only as advanced as they are because Iran captured all those US drones. It's good to be self sufficient but you also have to be willing to cooperate with others to progress.

at the time they didn;t as when russia made offer to them on su-35 they refused to buy any more, and why diversify airforce it only make maintenance harder

i yet to see those drones and no we will pay full price and they pay full price but the problem is that depending on what type of drone we giving them the price of all of them will be equal to 1-2 Su-35 and my problem with Su-35 is not completely with its price its more with its electronic an by the amount we pay for those su-35 we can produce a lot more locally or we can buy twice as much light/medium airplane with more modern equipment from countries like china

russia won't give us that about F-5 can't carry much if you put a more powerful engine like ws-13 or rd-33 or our domestic turbofan engine on it why not its roughly the same size as Grippen-C (f-5 have 10cm less wingspan , is 50cm longer and 40cm less height) and grippen-c can carry 4 meteor + 2x IRIS-T and one hard point reserved for Digital Joint Reconnaissance Pod that cover FLIR and ECM and E/O end have one hard point empty that can be equipped with 3-4 SDB)

iran may not be able to build something like s-500 but we can build something better than s-400 and in fact our bavar radar is better than s-400 and iran defence ministry stated that we soon unveil the next generation of bavar which is even better than s-400 so buying s-400 right now make no sense . our current system is more resilliant to electronic warfare and only its missile have less range than one of its missile (40n6e) that i\m sure russia won't give us and sayyad-4 cover the next best missile

Like I said, I think Russia has some things Iran needs and Iran has UAVs which Russia currently needs. I think it's a win win for both sides. A mutually beneficial deal. With all the sanctions imposed on Russia and the west showing its true face, there's no better time than now for Iran to work with Russia.

Yes if Iran's F-5's had a more powerful engine, "if" but if they could they would have already. I think SU-30/SU-35 are great multirole fighter jets. Their IRLS pods are an excellent counter measure against 5th generation stealth jets. Iran needs to replace some of its older airframes, the F-4s are already 50 years old, how long do you think they will last ? 60 ? 70 ? years ? come on man Iran needs something new. Also the J-7s need to be put into storage as well, they're obsolete and should be sold to Ethiopia or something.

How many years has Iran been working on SLVs and Satellites. Because of the deal with Russia, Iran has a military spy satellite up and running RIGHT NOW, not in 5 years or wtv timeline Iranian government will try to set.

I'm not saying Iran should stop developing its industry. But think about it, Iran's drones are only as advanced as they are because Iran captured all those US drones. It's good to be self sufficient but you also have to be willing to cooperate with others to progress

It is literary 1 post under that account, in fact second, there is one pinned.. but It doesnt mater, they are not Source, news is literary all over Internet, twitter, Instagram..Problem is, he did not Read post carefuly, Reason I didnt Just embeded twitter post is because there is no english post.. So I translated it

Very fascinating !

Back
Top Bottom