What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Single engine air craft are easier to design and produce and maintain , but I don't think making a single engine air craft with a jet engine like j85 is wise design ....

This will be even less useful than f5 ....

Will they make q313 and fly it !?
Yeah , q313 was an embracement for our Defence Industry , so at least they have to make it and fly it to shut up some mouth ....

Will Iran mass produce q313 !? IRAF won't Eve look at it , but IRGC will test it and then they will decide .....

At least I hope the first prototype of Q313 be different that mock up model

Anyway this CG pics of q313 that I found in web

thumb_1000_0_20141022103812104.jpg

اگه قاهر ۳۱۳ بتونه به اهداف پروژه برسه ، باعث می شه ریسک حمله به ایران از طریق خلیج فارس برای تمامی اعراب خلیجی و آمریکا بالاتر بره و به صورت مستقیم امنیت ملی ما رو بالا تر ببره ‌....

به علاوه اگه ده تا کلیپ دو دقیقه ای ازش توی اینترنت پخش بشه باعث میشه اعتماد به نفس طراحان ما بیشتر بشه

شما یک بچه ی سیزده یا چهارده ساله ی ایرانی رو فرض کنید که کلیپ پرواز قاهر با ظاهر خاص و سینمایش ببینه ، تا آخر عمرش این کلیپ روش تاثیر می گذاره ، چه ایرانی باشه ، چه عرب یا حتی آمریکایی ....

پرواز قاهر حتی اگه از لحاظ نظامی ارزشی نداشته باشه ، ولی از لحاظ تبلیغاتی و روانی خیلی ارزش منده

Don't underestimate power of propaganda , we did prevent USA invasion in bush era by simply big talk and exegerat about our ballistic missile power while we were so damn weak at that time ....

We saved our country by lunching the some missile as same time in show that famous clip to world and then talk big words .....

I know that is a ground effect vehicle. I mentioned that myself above and Q-313 is also designed to benefit from it. it has tandem wing design that is one of the three ways of utilizing ground effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle

There is no other justification for using a tandem wing design if you don't want to use the ground effect as you are only increasing the drag force without any justification.

And that's the only reason why you would put the engine air intakes above the body as it will prevent it from high g maneuvers as the engine will suffocate in high angle of attack in this kind of design.

So because of the above two characteristics, Q-313 is designed mainly as a ground effect vehicle. My claim is consistent with its designer opinion.
Hopefully you take the word of its designer for a fact:

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13911124000700

مدیرعامل صها افزود: البته قابلیت ویژه‌ای که برای قاهر تعریف شده، پرواز در ارتفاع پست است؛ قابلیتی که در نمونه‌های مشابه در دنیا دیده نمی شود.

پروانه تصریح کرد: ارتفاع پست، ارتفاعی است که بتوان در آن از شرایط Ground effect (اثرسطح) یک سطح استفاده کرد که عمده جنگنده ها در این شرایط دچار اشکال می‌شوند چراکه طراحی آنها برای مراحل بعد از گراند افکت صورت می‌گیرد. این همان نکته ایست که شما وقتی می خواهید از یک محصول استفاده کنید، شرایطی که طراحان آن تجهیزات در نظر گرفتند، به شما تحمیل میشود ولی ما با طراحی بومی این جنگنده توانستیم از این مانع عبور کنیم.

Even he says it is primarily a ground effect vehicle.

And being a ground effect vehicle doesn't mean it can't fly at higher altitude. Even that Caspian sea monster could fly above its ground effect altitude but for that to happen it had to burn a lot of fuel which was not economical. It performed best at its ground level effect range.

You don't need to be able to land on water in order to fly 3-5 m above sea level. Cruise missiles do that without a pilot and/or the ability to land in sea. The same control system that keeps the cruise missile steady above water, can keep Q-313 above water as well. It's a simple avionics system. You may call it an assisted pilot system that engages when you are below a certain altitude. So don't worry about our pilots

1. Modeereh porojeh is not the same as the designer. And god knows how much money they funneled from the government for that ridicules design so what exactly do you expect him to say? "It's a crappy useless aircraft"!

2. According to him the Aircrafts "main characteristic" is that it doesn't "LOOK" like any other fighter in the world. What I pickup from that is their main goal was to build something that looked different not something better or even as good as any other fighter "Gheyafeh monhaser be fard" Maskharast!

3. You would need a fly by wire system to have any type of assisted pilot system to allow you to fly 5 meters above sea level which the Q-313 does not have that means wind or a wave or the smallest mistake or a twitch mean the death of a skilled pilot. Q-313 doesn't have a fly by wire system so stop making things up!

4.According to this guy the one they showed years ago was not a mock up!! Now if that's the case the Q-313 will be even worse than I expected either that or this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about because that model did not have an internal weapons bay...

.That's just sad!

* قاهر رونمایی شده ماکت نبود

مدیر پروژه قاهر در پاسخ به این سوال که آیا نمونه رونمایی شده با توجه به نصب نبودن بسیاری از تجهیزات آن، یک نمونه واقعی بود یا مدل (ماک آپ)، گفت: نمونه ای که نمایش داده شد، نمونه اصلی بود که بزودی وارد مرحله تست های پروازی می‌شود و در خصوص نصب تجهیزات نیز لزومی نداشت تا ما در این
مرحله، تجهیزات کامل را بر روی بدنه آن نصب کنیم

Pass degheh lazem neest montazer bosheen!!! I still had a little hope tah ghalbam that they would wise up and make some adjustments to the real thing but it appears that was the real thing and not a mock up!!! Someone truly ripped off the government for that junk!

* تایید قاهر توسط متخصصان هوایی

وی در بخش دیگری از این گفتگو به برداشت اشتباه برخی رسانه مبنی بر اعلام انجام پرواز توسط نمونه نهایی قاهر اشاره کرد و افزود: این هواپیما در مراحل بعدی تست های تاکسی و پروازی را انجام خواهد داد.

مدیرعامل صها افزود: آقای رییس‌جمهور در روز رونمایی از قاهر به درستی فرمودند که یکی از خلبانان باسابقه نیروی هوایی که چندین هزار ساعت پرواز در کارنامه خود دارد، عملکرد این جنگنده را به عنوان یکی کارشناس تایید کرده که البته برخی رسانه ها اشتباها اینطور برداشت کردند که گویا قاهر پروازی داشته که البته بعدا این اشتباه را تصحیح کردند.

پروانه در بخش پایانی این گفتگو به موضوع تحریم‌های صورت گرفته علیه کشورمان در طول سالهای پس از انقلاب و نیز تاثیر آن بر رشد روند خودکفایی در صنایع دفاعی اشاره کرد و گفت: از ابتدای پیروزی انقلاب که ملت ایران به رهبر و مقتدای خود لبیک گفتند، دشمنی های کشورهای مستکبر شروع شد و با تمام قوا سعی کردند تا به انحاء مختلف مانع رشد و پیشرفت ملت ایران شوند و در این مسیر هر کاری که از دستشان برآمد، دریغ نکردند.

So one pilot tells the President it's a good fighter and that's all the analysis they need!! MY GOD! It just keeps getting sadder!!!

am I ?
let look at some similar design
Boeing Bird of Prey: Weight 3,356 kg, Speed 482km , Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D-5C 3,190 lbf (14.2 kN)
Lockheed Have Blue: Weight 5,670 kg, Speed 966km, Powerplant: 2 × General Electric J85-GE-4A turbojets 2,950 lbf (13.1 kN) each
Northrop Tacit Blue : weight: 13,606 kg, Speed 462 km, Powerplant: 2 × Garrett ATF3-6 high-bypass turbofans, 5,440 lbf (24 kN) each
Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk: weight: 23,800 kg, Speed Mach 0.92, Powerplant: 2 × General Electric F404-F1D2 turbofans, 10,600 lbf (48.0 kN) each

IAIO Qaher-313 : PowerPlanet Owj (Based on GE J85-GE-21) 3,500 lbf (16 kN) Weight:At least 4000kg Speed ?

you yourself can fill that ? in front of speed
two j-85 even cant make f-5 go supersonic without afterburner and that airplane is a lot more suitable for high speed so let not talk bout a single engine based on J-85 without afterburner.

I have no idea what your going on about! 1st off I was taking to Arminkh about Q-313 not being able to fly long distances 5 meters above sea level and I have no Idea how you got in there so I don't know what your talking about...

2nly even if you put 2 F110 engines on the current configuration of the F-313 it still wouldn't be able to break the sound barrier due to it's aerodynamics.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_barrier

1. Modeereh porojeh is not the same as the designer. And god knows how much money they funneled from the government for that ridicules design so what exactly do you expect him to say? "It's a crappy useless aircraft"!

2. According to him the Aircrafts "main characteristic" is that it doesn't "LOOK" like any other fighter in the world. What I pickup from that is their main goal was to build something that looked different not something better or even as good as any other fighter "Gheyafeh monhaser be fard" Maskharast!

3. You would need a fly by wire system to have any type of assisted pilot system to allow you to fly 5 meters above sea level which the Q-313 does not have that means wind or a wave or the smallest mistake or a twitch mean the death of a skilled pilot. Q-313 doesn't have a fly by wire system so stop making things up!

4.According to this guy the one they showed years ago was not a mock up!! Now if that's the case the Q-313 will be even worse than I expected either that or this guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about because that model did not have an internal weapons bay...

.That's just sad!

مدیر پروژه قاهر در پاسخ به این سوال که آیا نمونه رونمایی شده با توجه به نصب نبودن بسیاری از تجهیزات آن، یک نمونه واقعی بود یا مدل (ماک آپ)، گفت: نمونه ای که نمایش داده شد، نمونه اصلی بود که بزودی وارد مرحله تست های پروازی می‌شود و در خصوص نصب تجهیزات نیز لزومی نداشت تا ما در این

Pass degheh lazem neest montazer bosheen!!! I still had a little hope tah ghalbam that they would wise up and make some adjustments to the real thing but it appears that was the real thing and not a mock up!!! Someone truly ripped off the government for that junk!

* تایید قاهر توسط متخصصان هوایی

وی در بخش دیگری از این گفتگو به برداشت اشتباه برخی رسانه مبنی بر اعلام انجام پرواز توسط نمونه نهایی قاهر اشاره کرد و افزود: این هواپیما در مراحل بعدی تست های تاکسی و پروازی را انجام خواهد داد.

مدیرعامل صها افزود: آقای رییس‌جمهور در روز رونمایی از قاهر به درستی فرمودند که یکی از خلبانان باسابقه نیروی هوایی که چندین هزار ساعت پرواز در کارنامه خود دارد، عملکرد این جنگنده را به عنوان یکی کارشناس تایید کرده که البته برخی رسانه ها اشتباها اینطور برداشت کردند که گویا قاهر پروازی داشته که البته بعدا این اشتباه را تصحیح کردند.

پروانه در بخش پایانی این گفتگو به موضوع تحریم‌های صورت گرفته علیه کشورمان در طول سالهای پس از انقلاب و نیز تاثیر آن بر رشد روند خودکفایی در صنایع دفاعی اشاره کرد و گفت: از ابتدای پیروزی انقلاب که ملت ایران به رهبر و مقتدای خود لبیک گفتند، دشمنی های کشورهای مستکبر شروع شد و با تمام قوا سعی کردند تا به انحاء مختلف مانع رشد و پیشرفت ملت ایران شوند و در این مسیر هر کاری که از دستشان برآمد، دریغ نکردند.

So one pilot tells the President it's a good fighter and that's all the analysis they need!! MY GOD! It just keeps getting sadder!!!
You said it is not a ground effect vehicle and I showed you that was the intention. Rest of the things you have mentioned about wasting money and etc is irrelevant.

Whatever!

You said it is not a ground effect vehicle and I showed you that was the intention. Rest of the things you have mentioned about wasting money and etc is irrelevant.

Whatever!

I said it is not a Ground Effect Vehicle! which it is not! The slanted wings will give the aircraft stability and will probably help in low level flight but that doesn't mean the F-313 will be able to sustain 5 meters above sea level for long distances and this is not a new wing design if that design which originated in Boeing Bird of Pray and if it had more pro's than con's then the U.S. would have implemented it's slanted wing design in it's UCVS but they didn't did they? The Aircraft's max speed was under 300 MPH so F-313 will likely be no faster

Eurocopter X3 has a max of 293 MPH

Sikorsky S-97 Helicopter has a cruise speed of 253 MPH

So I'm sorry, building a fighter jet that's about as fast as future US helicopters makes absolutely no sense to me!

Single engine air craft are easier to design and produce and maintain , but I don't think making a single engine air craft with a jet engine like j85 is wise design ....

Yeah , q313 was an embracement for our Defence Industry , so at least they have to make it and fly it to shut up some mouth ....

Will Iran mass produce q313 !? IRAF won't Eve look at it , but IRGC will test it and then they will decide .....

QUOTE]

اگه قاهر ۳۱۳ بتونه به اهداف پروژه برسه ، باعث می شه ریسک حمله به ایران از طریق خلیج فارس برای تمامی اعراب خلیجی و آمریکا بالاتر بره و به صورت مستقیم امنیت ملی ما رو بالا تر ببره ‌....

به علاوه اگه ده تا کلیپ دو دقیقه ای ازش توی اینترنت پخش بشه باعث میشه اعتماد به نفس طراحان ما بیشتر بشه

شما یک بچه ی سیزده یا چهارده ساله ی ایرانی رو فرض کنید که کلیپ پرواز قاهر با ظاهر خاص و سینمایش ببینه ، تا آخر عمرش این کلیپ روش تاثیر می گذاره ، چه ایرانی باشه ، چه عرب یا حتی آمریکایی ....

پرواز قاهر حتی اگه از لحاظ نظامی ارزشی نداشته باشه ، ولی از لحاظ تبلیغاتی و روانی خیلی ارزش منده

Don't underestimate power of propaganda , we did prevent USA invasion in bush era by simply big talk and exegerat about our ballistic missile power while we were so damn weak at that time ....

We saved our country by lunching the some missile as same time in show that famous clip to world and then talk big words .....

Problem is as stated by the project manager the one they showed wasn't a mock up! That was the real thing according to the project manager (which probably got rich off that ripoff)

Like the pic btw!

I said it is not a Ground Effect Vehicle! which it is not! The slanted wings will give the aircraft stability and will probably help in low level flight but that doesn't mean the F-313 will be able to sustain 5 meters above sea level for long distances and this is not a new wing design if that design which originated in Boeing Bird of Pray and if it had more pro's than con's then the U.S. would have implemented it's slanted wing design in it's UCVS but they didn't did they? The Aircraft's max speed was under 300 MPH so F-313 will likely be no faster

Eurocopter X3 has a max of 293 MPH

Sikorsky S-97 Helicopter has a cruise speed of 253 MPH

So I'm sorry, building a fighter jet that's about as fast as future US helicopters makes absolutely no sense to me!

The point is not that its back wings are slanted. They have nothing to do with ground effect. They are slanted to prevent vibration at the tip of the wings and fatigue caused by the turbulence behind front canards (or wings in this case).

It is a tandem wing design where you have two main wings one at the front one at the back like this:

220px-Qac.quickie.q2.g-bspa.flying.arp.jpg

The reason one wing is above the other in most of tandem wing designs is for avoiding the same issue of turbulence that I mentioned above. In Q-313, geometry of the design didn't allow placing front and back wing on different levels so the the back wings are slanted.

In Q-313 front canards are almost the same size as the back wing, making it a tandem wing design which is one of the three ways of utilizing the ground effect.

And I do agree with the project manager that it is a new and unprecedented design for a war plane.

Ground effect works at an altitude up to 2 times the wing span. Judging by the pictures, in Q-313 case it should be less than 8m above ground to utilize the ground effect.

I'm confident I have red every singe expert comment and article on the web that you can find regarding Q-313 and what I told you above is my accumulative understanding.

So if they want to utilize the ground effect, they should figure out a way to keep it steady 5m above sea level. If it needs a fly by wire system for that so be it. That's what this bird is designed for.

Finally , Supreme leader order our military and MoD to increase Iran military capacity ...this become official , our Air force will revive ....

Now , we will either see A massive order of fighters from foreign country ( Su 30 )
Or making real fighter jet ( at least something comparable to last version f16 )

Previously our leader gave same kind of order about Air defence system and navy ....

Last edited:
Finally , Supreme leader order our military and MoD to increase Iran military capability ...this become official , our Air force will revive ....

Now , we will either see A massive order of fighters from foreign country ( Su 30 )
Or making real fighter jet ( at least something comparable to last version f16 )

Previously our leader gave same kind of order about Air defence system and navy ....
Offensive Capacity. Yes, it is the first time he talks about increasing offensive capacity.

IRIAF needs atleast 4 squadrons of a multirole 4.5 generation fighter. Whatever domestic projects has yielded out so far or will in future doesnt even matter because the dire need is there for aircover.

IRIAF needs atleast 4 squadrons of a multirole 4.5 generation fighter. Whatever domestic projects has yielded out so far or will in future doesnt even matter because the dire need is there for aircover.
That's true. I think the Sukhu 30 procurement will answer the need to some extent.

That's true. I think the Sukhu 30 procurement will answer the need to some extent.

I doubt Russians sell Su-30 to us in large number ( more than 60 fighters ) .... this government cant sign a fair deal to any foreign country ... they are basically naive ....

The point is not that its back wings are slanted. They have nothing to do with ground effect. They are slanted to prevent vibration at the tip of the wings and fatigue caused by the turbulence behind front canards (or wings in this case).

It is a tandem wing design where you have two main wings one at the front one at the back like this:

220px-Qac.quickie.q2.g-bspa.flying.arp.jpg

The reason one wing is above the other in most of tandem wing designs is for avoiding the same issue of turbulence that I mentioned above. In Q-313, geometry of the design didn't allow placing front and back wing on different levels so the the back wings are slanted.

In Q-313 front canards are almost the same size as the back wing, making it a tandem wing design which is one of the three ways of utilizing the ground effect.

And I do agree with the project manager that it is a new and unprecedented design for a war plane.

Ground effect works at an altitude up to 2 times the wing span. Judging by the pictures, in Q-313 case it should be less than 8m above ground to utilize the ground effect.

I'm confident I have red every singe expert comment and article on the web that you can find regarding Q-313 and what I told you above is my accumulative understanding.

So if they want to utilize the ground effect, they should figure out a way to keep it steady 5m above sea level. If it needs a fly by wire system for that so be it. That's what this bird is designed for.

Again I will repeat my original statement! The Q-313 is NOT by any means a ground effect vehicle! I'm sorry but you sound absurd when you keep on repeating it!

And every Tandem winged aircraft is not a Ground Effect Vehicle! My GOD!

And maybe you should 1st read what I wrote before commenting! I said the slanted wings will give the Aircraft greater stability! And your just repeating what I originally told you!

Every aircraft in the world utilizes ground effect and the degree of which depends on the wingspan but that doesn't make the F-313 a ground effect vehicle

The edge of the wings of the F313 is made to give it stability so the Aircraft wouldn't require an expensive fly by wire system and that blows your whole theory of the aircraft's capability to fly long distances 3-5 meters above seal level out of the water!

And as I told you the major powers of the world are now building helicopters capable of flying as fast as the F-313 which makes the production of such an aircraft absolutely ridicules

دقيقا. راه حمله به ايران از طريق درياست و مقامات جمهوري اسلامي اينو به خوبي ميدونن.

Again I will repeat my original statement! The Q-313 is NOT by any means a ground effect vehicle! I'm sorry but you sound absurd when you keep on repeating it!

And every Tandem winged aircraft is not a Ground Effect Vehicle! My GOD!

And maybe you should 1st read what I wrote before commenting! I said the slanted wings will give the Aircraft greater stability! And your just repeating what I originally told you!

Every aircraft in the world utilizes ground effect and the degree of which depends on the wingspan but that doesn't make the F-313 a ground effect vehicle

The edge of the wings of the F313 is made to give it stability so the Aircraft wouldn't require an expensive fly by wire system and that blows your whole theory of the aircraft's capability to fly long distances 3-5 meters above seal level out of the water!

And as I told you the major powers of the world are now building helicopters capable of flying as fast as the F-313 which makes the production of such an aircraft absolutely ridicules
Q-313 IS A LIGHT SNAPPY AND 'CHEAP' AIRCRAFT TO PROTECT IRANIAN WARSHIPS IN PERSIAN GULF AND MAKRAN SEA.

انگلیس یک ناو هلیکوپتر بر و یک ناو تخصصی پدافند هوایی رو به خلیج فارس فرستاده ...
انگار نقطه ی ضعف دولت فعلی (‌ترس از غرب و عافیت طلبی )‌رو حسابی درک کردند ، دیگه ول کن نیستند ...

Finally , Supreme leader order our military and MoD to increase Iran military capacity ...this become official , our Air force will revive ....

Currently the order is for 48 Su-30's deliver to begin in 2019 at a rate of 12 per year but the U.S. does have the capability to block the delivery till 2021...

I believe the right thing for Iran to do at this time is to purchase 150-200 Su-30's to give it's self time to develop and lay the grounds to mass produce a 5th or 6th generation platform at a rate of 24 per year by 2040.

To spend billions on a fighter platform that doesn't have the following characteristics makes no sense at all:

1. Stealth design with internal weapons bay
2. Max speed of over Mach 1.8 with internal weapons
3. Combat radius +1000 km
4. 2D Thrust vectoring
5. Internal IRST
6. Internal Laser for Jamming IRST & incoming heat seeking missiles
7. Air Refueling capability
8. +40,000 Lbf of Thrust
9. Thrust to weight ratio of +1

U.S. has Stealth Fighter, China & Russia are working on theirs version
According to a Swedish Air Force commander the JAS 39 will be useless by 2020 so Saab is also working on a Stealth fighter.
India & Japan have both been working on a real project and countries like Turkey & S.Korea despite being F-35 buyers are also looking towards their own Stealth program!

While Iranian Air Force commanders have dug their heads in the sand and are just waiting around for someone to hand them something! And Iran's media is clearly incapable of being objective and glorifies a peace of junk like the Q-313.

Last edited:
دقيقا. راه حمله به ايران از طريق درياست و مقامات جمهوري اسلامي اينو به خوبي ميدونن.

Q-313 IS A LIGHT SNAPPY AND 'CHEAP' AIRCRAFT TO PROTECT IRANIAN WARSHIPS IN PERSIAN GULF AND MAKRAN SEA.

Do you know how absurd that sounds? Protect them against what exactly????

F/A-18, F-15's or F-22's? A close supersonic flyby by any of those fighter will shatter the F-313 Airframe! So yes it's snappy as in it will snap in half by a simple sonic boom! (And no I don't mean that literally by the way)

And in terms of Anti Ship missiles take a good look and tell me if you think the Q-313 would be able to carry a single air born Ghadir missile!

And I know Iran has lighter air born Anti Ship missiles like the Nasr but that would require a slow moving Q-313 to get within 30km of the ship and even at low altitudes below the ships radar any country with an AWACS can pick it up and intercept it long before it could get within firing range

Back
Top Bottom