What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Eh? To az kay mas'habi shode baraye ma?
since when being polite is equal to be religious and that poem is from Saadi not a cleric. if anything he made some jokes about the people who pretend to be religious
There is no talking to people like you. You are a flame bating troll and there is no need to be polite any more. We were polite to you already, but you continue to rehash and repeat yourself, and build strawman arguments just to keep the circular argument continuing. Seeing as you have failed to address a single point in my comment, and instead focussed on my mental state, it shows your foundations are weak and you are in no position to speak on this matter.
go read your post , you didn't made any point there ,

since when being polite is equal to be religious and that poem is from Saadi not a cleric. if anything he made some jokes about the people who pretend to be religious

go read your post , you didn't made any point there ,
Saadi is quoting Luqman, who is in the Quran. Saadi was a Muslim and is using Islamic reasoning. You don't even know what you post half of the time. Who said being religious means being a pacifist and being gentle all the time?! Sometimes it is necessary to be harsh with people.

There wasnt much of a point to reply to since all you could reply to me was some poem and some bollocks about mental health.

For my own part, I support purchasing Su-30SM2 and Su-35SE but only 4 and 2 squadrons respectively for niche roles (that too, it's to study the airframe primarily and their capabilities are secondary). Aviation, whether civilian or military, cannot be dependent upon foreign powers. The IRIAF being cut off from spare parts during war after the Revolution demonstrates this in the harshest way.
If you want to go for flankers Chinese J-16 is the best option. It has considerably more modern avionics and electronics than SU-35, an AESA radar which provides an situational awareness and electronic warfare advantage. The problem is that it is not for export + China needs permission from Russia to sell it. But... You never know what the future holds..

Saadi is quoting Luqman, who is in the Quran. Saadi was a Muslim and is using Islamic reasoning. You don't even know what you post half of the time. Who said being religious means being a pacifist and being gentle all the time?! Sometimes it is necessary to be harsh with people.
sa'adi don't quote Loqman , and loqman is not a religious figure . not anybody mentioned in Quran is religious figure, by the way as i said sa'adi also make some funny joke about people who pretend to be religious.

and who says religious people are pacifist , history is filled with wars waged by religious people s in name of religion, i say religion people are the least pacifist among all people .

There wasnt much of a point to reply to since all you could reply to me was some poem and some bollocks about mental health.
as i said read your post if you want i quote it here
Martike, how many fucking times do we have to tell you that domestic Iranian production is essential. What you seem to gloss over is that Iran can not build an airforce all by itself in any realistic timeframe. So who else can Iran rely on? The west? Are you that dumb? Do you think the west will sell us planes? I doubt even a revolution back to the days of Shah would make the west sell their arms to us. This is why your critizisms are in actual fact veiled calls to get rid of Islamic Republic...which just shows how out of touch you are. Russian is the best and only option, and we need to have imported planes until we have the knowhow to make our own airforce from scratch!
what you can't get is if Iran buy foreign aircraft there won't be any money left for producing domestic aircraft
iran can build airforce in realistic time domestically , if the necessary mone injected into the project , if it become a priority
again show me a single time i supported iran buy any sort of airplane from foreign countries
Don't recall ever called for that , even when ahmadi-nejad was in power and i was completely against him and at the end he showed his true self and the ones who made a saint of him compete with each other to distance him
Russian are the worse option , they never gave us anything , they always back-stabbed us , they just want a weak Iran so we cant threaten their interest in middle east, they don't see us as an ally but as a competitor .
they refused to sell us airplane when we needed them.they hold the air defense system we paid for for 10 years and only were willing to give us Antey-2500 which we didn't want after we built something better they dident provide any support for Kilo sub we bought from them , they refused to provide any upgrade for Mig-29s , they backstabbed us in Shafaq project . they 4 time supported unsc resolutions against us .......

your different type of missile include quasi ballistic and ballistic missiles . and you think how many Iran can send each hours ?

Enough to disrupt enemy air force operations. More ballistic missiles can be fired than the number of interceptors the enemy can launch while those BM's are diving towards their targets.

the problem is that anti radiation ballistic missile is for ships not air defense system and unlike harm , if the radar is turned off that anti radiation ballistic missile don't knew to do what

If the radar is turned off, increased amounts of regular ballistic missiles will get through.

As for the fact that the main anti-radiation BM unveiled by Iran thus far has been an anti-ship weapon, it doesn't mean the system can't or hasn't been converted into a ground attack variant.

In a 2020 war game, Iran destroyed what was either an "empty" AN/TPY-2 mock up or an actual wave-emitting device made to look like the cited radar. The missile employed had the appearance of a Fateh-series BM.

Whether or not that missile was fitted with dedicated anti-radiation features, the message was clear: that the IRGC has addressed the necessity to take down enemy air defence radars in a complex, multi-layered strike, and it has integrated specific tactics to that effect into its war planning.

So in fact air-launched HARM munitions aren't indispensable since ballistic missiles have been tasked to fulfill this role, and the whole scenario has been rehearsed.

Last edited:
Russian are the worse option ,

Good or bad, they're nonetheless one of only a handful of potential option for imports where needed.

NATO and the zionist regime however are existential enemies to Iran. Huge difference right there.

they never gave us anything ,

Disinformation. Russia supplied Iran with a series of weapons, and has cooperated with Iran in the technological realm.

they always back-stabbed us , they just want a weak Iran so we cant threaten their interest in middle east, they don't see us as an ally but as a competitor .

Iran and Russia have a strategic level partnership in several domains.

Even if that wasn't the case, it's still far preferable to be seen as a competitor than to be treated as a colonial subject, which is how western and zionist imperialists systematically perceive their so-called "allies" read vassals in the global south.

they refused to sell us airplane when we needed them.

A lot has changed on the world stage since the 1990's and early 2000's especially as far as the deterioration of ties between the west and Russia is concerned.

they hold the air defense system we paid for for 10 years and only were willing to give us Antey-2500 which we didn't want after we built something better

The S-300 are still a useful asset to Iran's IADS.

they backstabbed us in Shafaq project .

Not really, the CEO of Mukhamedov Design Bureau passed away and the company shut up shop.

they 4 time supported unsc resolutions against us .......

Unlike the zio-American empire, they're not pursuing a policy aimed at the destruction and balkanization of the Iranian nation-state coupled with definitive uprooting of the Iranian civilization.

Last edited:
I wish we could return to the old playbook of classical terrorism sometimes.

"Terrorism"? Axe that term please. Among other things, it's used by the enemy to misrepresent the legitimate Resistance of movements such as Lebanon's Hezbollah and other close allies of Iran.

Other than that, in the 1980's Iran was at war and in such a scenario, a lot of gloves tend to come off indeed.

sa'adi don't quote Loqman , and loqman is not a religious figure . not anybody mentioned in Quran is religious figure, by the way as i said sa'adi also make some funny joke about people who pretend to be religious.

and who says religious people are pacifist , history is filled with wars waged by religious people s in name of religion, i say religion people are the least pacifist among all people .
There is literally a sura called Luqman in the Quran! And Saadi has taken Luqman from the Quran because he is a Muslim. Yes everyone that the Quran refers to as a righteous person and draws examples from them are real and tend to be religious people. What are you talking about?! So you posted a poem that wasnt even relevant to what you were replying to. Typical!

I can only speak about Islam, and Islam is about balance. Sometimes you have to be harsh with people.

as i said read your post if you want i quote it here

what you can't get is if Iran buy foreign aircraft there won't be any money left for producing domestic aircraft
iran can build airforce in realistic time domestically , if the necessary mone injected into the project , if it become a priority
again show me a single time i supported iran buy any sort of airplane from foreign countries
Don't recall ever called for that , even when ahmadi-nejad was in power and i was completely against him and at the end he showed his true self and the ones who made a saint of him compete with each other to distance him
Russian are the worse option , they never gave us anything , they always back-stabbed us , they just want a weak Iran so we cant threaten their interest in middle east, they don't see us as an ally but as a competitor .
they refused to sell us airplane when we needed them.they hold the air defense system we paid for for 10 years and only were willing to give us Antey-2500 which we didn't want after we built something better they dident provide any support for Kilo sub we bought from them , they refused to provide any upgrade for Mig-29s , they backstabbed us in Shafaq project . they 4 time supported unsc resolutions against us .......
Iran has the money to purchase some squadrons of foreign aircraft from Russia as a stop gap until Iran can produce its own fleet of aircraft. You strawman my position that we should put all our eggs in one basket...which I never said, but you keep repeating because youre getting battered by everyone and you're getting desperate.

Of course Iran can build whatever it wants if it had the money. But issue isnt just the money, it's the technology available to them to reverse engineer or at least develop from. So Iran has to be realistic. So far Iran has spent nothing on foreign planes for the past few decades and yet it has nothing to show for it...just a few pathetic mock ups and a rehashed F5. So you cant cry when we are asking for some investment in some real fighter jets from foreign states.

Then why bring up western planes everytime someone suggests Russian ones? We can't buy them and never will.

Dont talk nonesense, Russia has sold a lot of hardware to Iran. Yes they used to think they were part of the western club but they got humiliated and they still are. That said, we must not burn our bridges with them and they can be useful to us.

"Terrorism"? Axe that term please. Among other things, it's used by the enemy to misrepresent the legitimate Resistance of movements such as Lebanon's Hezbollah and other close allies of Iran.

Other than that, in the 1980's Iran was at war and in such a scenario, a lot of gloves tend to come off indeed.
Also Operation Morvarid was beautiful operation whereby the baathist navy was largely annihilated. There was a recent interview from General Bagheri stating how it took a year of intel gathering to carry out that operation; either that or the one where the majnoon islands and faw where annexed (Valfajr 8?). Either way, these operations had so much that had to happen before, in order for them to be carried out.

Yes Iranians have the creative acumen to reverse engineer more complex tech than the F-14...so there must be a reason why this hasn't happened yet. I dont think they have faith in the F-14 any more as it is a relic of the past now. I also think @drmeson has a point when he says Iran should look toward Mig-29 variants since we have the experience and are already equipped to maintain and operate these aircraft, as opposed to su-27 family.
Dear brother, I disagree with your assessment on the F-14. Prior to it's retirement in the us military, a new variant of the F-14 was launched with the most modern avionics, sensors, an APG-71 radar that could scan and track targets in a 370 km radius (increases to 740 km when 2 F-14Ds fly in conjunction), a system allowing the ground troops to view what the aircraft was seeing and a Joint Tactical Information Distribution System.

Make no mistake - the F-14 was retired solely out of fear of Iran which was stealing spare parts right out of the us military's inventory somehow and they wanted to ground the IRIAF totally. Had that not been the case, they would be flying it even today with even newer and better upgrades. If we can improve on the design to enable it to carry 12 missiles instead of 8 and add engines with a greater thrust to weight ratio (dry thrust - 74kN, afterburner - 125 kN) and with 3D thrust vectoring, we'll have a formidable weapon in our arsenal.

The Mig-29 should be handed over completely to the IRGC-AF and we should procure RD-33MK engines (smokeless, greater thrust) from Russia to power those along with an agreement for indigenous overhaul and upgrades. It serves their skill set much better.

As for the Su-27 family, my preferred purchase choices are the Su-30SM2 (4 squadrons) and Su-35SE (2 squadrons) and we should study the airframes once they're inducted into service. Of course, one condition of purchase should be technology transfer so we can manufacture spare parts at home after 5-7 years (at most 10).

maybe yes maybe no

as i said how many time they failed and how many time they succeed

that is an interesting missile , how many day after the attack iran responded ? why you believe this time will be faster.

their base is gone but also this can be said about Iranian under ground missile bases will be out of question . do you believe USA already didn't shared its satellite imagery of these underground bases with ksa , do you think they are not already aware of their entrance . you think how long it take for ksa to fix its base , you want fuel , they can send some tanker as stopgap for the refueling capacity of the base , and the runway can be fixed in 2-3 hours now answer me how many hours it take to clear the entrance of those bases if they get bombed.

no, relying on air defense is not the answer they never will be able to prevent those base from being bombed , its air force that can do that. by our current strategy in case of enemy attack we only can rely on t6he missiles which are on tels outside those bases in case of enemy attack

did the base destroyed ? did it stop work ?

communication can be fixed with mobile terminals . logistic can be protected . look at those zolfaqar craters , do you believe they can penetrate underground reinforced craters. how many we used to attack a reinforced structure in iraqi kurdistan
by the way around those bases is desert , they just can disperse the logistic around those bases in desert in small caches

yes it can , but i wonder if he will be there in case of war , serriously doubt that.

thats correct but i don't knew hid rank wudang master says said he was Darajeh-Dar . that mean گروهبان سه تا استوار یک in iran military it means the guy at most can have a high school diploma and also never did attend military academy , also he must never had shown an outstanding act in his career or he is new to military.
when i was conscripted because i had a medical doctorate i got first lieutenant rank
Medical doctorate . . that means a PHD in medical science with post graduate research work in medicine or just 5 years of medical school. Some people confuse the term Doctor with medical physicians, which seems to be a universal habit. An impressive background indeed.

All that aside, a well trained, experienced, and well educated non commissioned officer could surpass a lazy fat 4 star general who spent his carrier kissing butt to get up in ranks, which you could see hundreds of examples in the US defense establishment (400 4 star generals????) along with many western NATO states, and also all over the world. some non commissioned officers are critical thinkers with extensive military knowledge due to self education, reading and keeping a breast of the advances in weapons design and manufacturing, methods of war making, defense technologies, as well as sound strategic thinking.. Military academies don't teach much beside basic military discipline, leadership of small units, and elementary matters about logistics, and these basics are given to all non commissioned officers since they are the essential elements or the backbone of any military force. Lacking a military high rank doesn't necessarily disqualify all non commissioned officers as sound military minds.

Lastly, beyond military academies, there are military staff schools i.e. military graduate studies established and intended for mid ranking officers (rank of Major) to educate officers in planning and leadership of major military units in any given branch of the national defense establishment. Even at that level, many officers graduate, but, they lack leadership skills, fortitude, and the decision making skills to be commanders or leaders, so all military matters are only relatively true.

Last edited:
Oh, f-u-c-k off. You live smack bang in the middle of Iran and are clueless of it's hardware, the budgeting and inventory but somehow absolutely thorough with the enemy's equipment.

Hop over the turkish border and have a smuggler sneak you into Europe if you're so dickmatized by the West.
@waz please address foul language. As for everyone else please maintain decorum. There are better ways to 'stick it' to your opponents without debasing yourself and the forum. It pains me to see this type of language.

Last edited:
Also Operation Morvarid was beautiful operation whereby the baathist navy was largely annihilated. There was a recent interview from General Bagheri stating how it took a year of intel gathering to carry out that operation; either that or the one where the majnoon islands and faw where annexed (Valfajr 8?). Either way, these operations had so much that had to happen before, in order for them to be carried out.
My personal favourite the reverse invasion of iraq and the annexation of the faw peninsula. That was a very heroic operation and among my favourites from that war...probably even more so than the H3 airbase attack.

I'm actually ambiguous about the term. Depends who and what kind of targets we're terrorizing - I wouldn't care a hoot about blowing up isnotrealis, civilians or military personnel, for exampe but I would object to any attacks against Azerbaijani civilians, although not government officials.

Back
Top Bottom