What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Iranian made helicopters seen in green color 🇮🇷 :tup:

1614634358215.png

1614634274483.png

1614634414898.png

South Koreans are building several KF-X prototypes. 92% complete. Rollout expected in April. Very impressive. The first version is set to be a 4.5 generation fighter jet with various weapons carried on external hardpoints. The 2nd version is set to be a fully stealth 5th generation fighter jet with an internal weapons bay. However as impressive as this is, truthfully, without vital components from the United States and European nations, there's no way they would be able to do this.

Realistically 5th generation fighter jets, just like stealth bombers, are only accessible to a handful of countries that have the resources, infrastructure and funding to build such weapons. Smaller countries can build such weapons but only with the help of those select few nations.

In the future, they will also be reliant on spare parts from the US and other NATO countries. As an example, South Korea recently signed a deal to sell hundreds of tanks to Turkey. The Turks turned to South Korea since the Germans refuse to sell spare parts for the Leopard 2. However the South Koreans themselves are reliant on Germany for vital components, especially for the transmission on their tank. Therefore presently the entire Altay tank program is at a standstill.

So a technilogical monopoly of sorts exists when it comes to such advanced weapons systems. With that in mind, realistically I don't see the Qaher being a viable option for Iran because first of all Iran building a 5th generation fighter jet by itself seems unfeasible and honestly it's small size would mean that its internal weapons bay would not be large enough to carry any serious payload.

I believe that Iran's only realistic shot at acquiring a 5th generation fighter jet in the near future will be the SU-57. I'm guessing the Russians will be eager to find a serious buyer since they need revenue to build more SU-57s and other advanced weapons for themselves. Especially with the potential of upcoming sanctions related to Navalny, this would sqeeze their finances even more. The Chinese J-20 isn't absolutely out of the question either but the Iranian airforce seems eager to buy Russian. Only time will tell

Hey btw is it just me or does the KF-X and the proposed Turkish TF-X look extremely similar to the F-22 ?

The F-22 Raptor
f22.jpg

The South Korean KAI KF-X 5th generation fighter prototype
kfx.jpg

Turkeys proposed TAI TF-X 5th generation fighter display model
TFX.jpg

Last edited:
In the future, they will also be reliant on spare parts from the US and other NATO countries. They recently signed a deal to sell hundreds of tanks to Turkey. The Turks turned to South Korea since the Germans refuse to sell spare parts for the Leopard 2. However the South Koreans themselves are reliant on Germany for vital components, especially for the transmission on their tank. Therefore presently the entire Altay tank program is at a standstill.
Koreans sell tanks to Turkey? please share that deal because we didnt hear anything about that. and it looks impossible to me.

Koreans sell tanks to Turkey? please share that deal because we didnt hear anything about that. and it looks impossible to me.

Are you that much of Turkish troll?

The Atlay tank is based on the South Korean K2 tank chassis. This is well known and a simply Google search will educate you.

There's no point to argue with people like this. Just show them the evidence and leave them alone. Honestly I'm just glad that he's not trying to preach about Turkish pyramids in China or the idea that Turks discovered America. I've recently come across some Turkish fanboys that honestly tried to convince me about these silly concepts.

Anyways, like I said, only a handful of countries possess the infrastructure and technical knowhow to produce cutting edge military technology. Can Turkey produce a tank by itself ? Yes, but will it be a world class tank that lives up to modern standards ? I doubt it.

The following article pretty much sums up Turkey's limitations in regards to it's military industrial complex.

Looking all across the world, I can't find any examples of small nations being able to produce world class military hardware without help from the top notch military producers of the world (USA, EU, Germany, UK, Russia, China)

I mean look at the Indians for example. 30+ years spent on producing the Arjun and they abandoned it. Their Tejas jet is also insufficient, otherwise they would not have purchased the Rafale jets.

Taiwan produced the IDF jet to counter China, however now they're purchasing F-16s from the US.

Koreans produce great tanks, but again, they buy vital components from Germany.

Iran has produced copies of the F-5 and T-90 but again, they're copies of proven platforms and there are rumors that Iran is looking to purchase components for their Karrar (T-90) tanks from Russia.

Pakistan has produced the JF-17, which has turned out to be very reliable, but that's with help from China. Now Turkey is looking to team up with Pakistan to access Chinese technology, but again China will always have the leverage.

Recently Turkey tried selling their T-129 ATAK helicopters to Pakistan but because the engines are American made they had to get approval from the US,which they had trouble acquiring.

Again, the fact of the matter is that only a handful of countries have an iron grip monopoly on advanced military hardware and smaller countries looking to produce weapons pretty much have no choice but to align themselves with one side or another.

The Atlay tank is based on the South Korean K2 tank chassis. This is well known and a simply Google search will educate you.

Last edited:
next time dont post news before read, news is mentioning about engine and transmission not selling whole "TANK"

no i am not a troll, why do call me as a troll when i correct your false claims?

South Koreans are building several KF-X prototypes. 92% complete. Rollout expected in April. Very impressive. The first version is set to be a 4.5 generation fighter jet with various weapons carried on external hardpoints. The 2nd version is set to be a fully stealth 5th generation fighter jet with an internal weapons bay. However as impressive as this is, truthfully, without vital components from the United States and European nations, there's no way they would be able to do this.

Realistically 5th generation fighter jets, just like stealth bombers, are only accessible to a handful of countries that have the resources, infrastructure and funding to build such weapons. Smaller countries can build such weapons but only with the help of those select few nations.

In the future, they will also be reliant on spare parts from the US and other NATO countries. As an example, South Korea recently signed a deal to sell hundreds of tanks to Turkey. The Turks turned to South Korea since the Germans refuse to sell spare parts for the Leopard 2. However the South Koreans themselves are reliant on Germany for vital components, especially for the transmission on their tank. Therefore presently the entire Altay tank program is at a standstill.

So a technilogical monopoly of sorts exists when it comes to such advanced weapons systems. With that in mind, realistically I don't see the Qaher being a viable option for Iran because first of all Iran building a 5th generation fighter jet by itself seems unfeasible and honestly it's small size would mean that its internal weapons bay would not be large enough to carry any serious payload.

I believe that Iran's only realistic shot at acquiring a 5th generation fighter jet in the near future will be the SU-57. I'm guessing the Russians will be eager to find a serious buyer since they need revenue to build more SU-57s and other advanced weapons for themselves. Especially with the potential of upcoming sanctions related to Navalny, this would sqeeze their finances even more. The Chinese J-20 isn't absolutely out of the question either but the Iranian airforce seems eager to buy Russian. Only time will tell

Hey btw is it just me or does the KF-X and the proposed Turkish TF-X look extremely similar to the F-22 ?

The F-22 Raptor
View attachment 721442

The South Korean KAI KF-X 5th generation fighter prototype
View attachment 721440
Turkeys proposed TAI TF-X 5th generation fighter display model
View attachment 721441

Ahh yes,the joys of finding oneself having to rely on politically unreliable suppliers,nato membership notwithstanding.... :sarcastic:
I think the turks are now finding this unpleasant little fact out for themselves.
If it had been me,I simply would`ve started a reverse/reengineering program to produce an indigenous copy of the aforementioned Renk transmission literally the minute that the germans said "Nein!",hell I would`ve had a back up reverse/reengineering program running quietly behind the scenes merely just in case they said "Nein!".....but then thats just me.;)

Last edited:
Ahh yes,the joys of finding oneself having to rely on politically unreliable suppliers,nato membership notwithstanding.... :sarcastic:
I think the turks are now finding this unpleasant little fact out for themselves.
If it had been me,I simply would`ve started a reverse/reengineering program to produce an indigenous copy of the aforementioned Renk transmission literally the minute that the germans said "Nein!",hell I would`ve had a back up reverse/reengineering program running quietly behind the scenes merely just in case they said "Nein!".....but then thats just me.;)
True statements..but in order to do reverse Eng ,Turks have the problem of intellectual Property (IP) rights issue. They can not copy without being sued or sanctioned... for Iran that is the second positive thing about being sanctioned to the neck...IP rights do not apply (the first positive thing is the sanctions themselves..lol).

Turkey wants a fast route to Nuclear and Aircraft Tech and they have decided that Pakistan is the source for them and that is why now they are schmoozing to Pakistan looking for Tech.

The tazarve is actually not a bad looking little jet trainer,I`m surprised iran didnt take it further and build more of them.
1843606.jpg

98839_1565032391.jpg

97497_1500053233.jpg

They don't have any new plan , nor any will to change the situation ...
they can use their f-5 derivative instead of working on those Mirages for example, or if they like the mirages more stop working on F-5 and concentrate on the mirages . they must decide a platform and concentrate on it

True statements..but in order to do reverse Eng ,Turks have the problem of intellectual Property (IP) rights issue. They can not copy without being sued or sanctioned... for Iran that is the second positive thing about being sanctioned to the neck...IP rights do not apply (the first positive thing is the sanctions themselves..lol).

Turkey wants a fast route to Nuclear and Aircraft Tech and they have decided that Pakistan is the source for them and that is why now they are schmoozing to Pakistan looking for Tech.

First of all Iran is not signatory to IP protection laws in UN charter (neither is China).

Second of all, sanctions have ZERO impact on IP theft. Iran can sued by Russia (or any country) in International Court for IP theft if it wishes. Same way Iran sued Russia for breach of contract in S-300 case.

Most important of all is not to piss off a country you wish to buy more arms from in the future over IP theft issue like China did to Russia. So while Iran could get away with IP theft of US products (not like it’s going to order more US arms anytime soon) IP theft of Russian arms will need to be carefully though thru.

First of all Iran is not signatory to IP protection laws in UN charter (neither is China).

Second of all, sanctions have ZERO impact on IP theft. Iran can sued by Russia (or any country) in International Court for IP theft if it wishes. Same way Iran sued Russia for breach of contract in S-300 case.

Most important of all is not to piss off a country you wish to buy more arms from in the future over IP theft issue like China did to Russia. So while Iran could get away with IP theft of US products (not like it’s going to order more US arms anytime soon) IP theft of Russian arms will need to be carefully though thru.
IP is regulated through patents by every country and/or union. That’s why if you invent something and want to protect your IP, then you need to file for patent in every single country you wish to protect your IP. If you fail to do so in a specific country then that country will not protect you IP and even worse another organization may file a patent instead. Happens all the time!

basically no foreign country owns a patent inside Iran. Which means that Iran can copy whatever they want AS LONG AS it is marketed inside Iran. If Iran exports that product to another country which recognizes that IP because a patent has been filed by the inventors then the company responsible for the distribution will be sued and all products confiscated.

IP is regulated through patents by every country and/or union. That’s why if you invent something and want to protect your IP, then you need to file for patent in every single country you wish to protect your IP. If you fail to do so in a specific country then that country will not protect you IP and even worse another organization may file a patent instead. Happens all the time!

basically no foreign country owns a patent inside Iran. Which means that Iran can copy whatever they want AS LONG AS it is marketed inside Iran. If Iran exports that product to another country which recognizes that IP because a patent has been filed by the inventors then the company responsible for the distribution will be sued and all products confiscated.
A foreign company that has an office or representative in Iran can file for its patent and those patent and trademark will be protected .
once at the time of Khatami, Kingston Technology used that and get a court ruling and police raided PC shops and gathered all fake Kingston RAMs . at the time even if police would have found a single fake ram in a shop would have confiscated all their Kingston Rams . but sadly sanctions made many companies leave Iran and then we didn't saw such move anymore but neverthless the law is still there and companies whho directly do business with Iran can use it to protect their IP and trademarks

Back
Top Bottom