What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Wow, that is a surprise. Didn't know Iran made a processor. Good job. What made them decide to build one instead of using off the shelve processors? The expertise they gained building this SPARC processor will help them designing special purpose chips for the military. I think it is the right move. I guess building know how would be the reason they did that. Anyway very interesting.

Is Parse Semiconductor still active in Iran? It seems they are no more active. Probably merged.

That chip was introduced many years ago now. The company is either active or merged because someone is still making those chip as those MFD pics are from last year.

Iran has all the excellent engineers it needs. It just needs the funding and hopefully we'll have a large semi conductor fab. Electronic engineering is something Iran has great engineers in.

Chinese claimed that one of their radars detected the F-22 from 500 KM if that is true ten fifth generation fighters good only in electronics not the stealthiness domain.

So, fourth generation fighters still good for at least 3 decades if not more than that the Chinese keep building them in big number also European do so.

except the US and that's due to their big budget.

Chinese claimed that one of their radars detected the F-22 from 500 KM if that is true ten fifth generation fighters good only in electronics not the stealthiness domain.

No one said F-22 is invisible to radar. Nations who have HF/VHF technology can detect stealth targets like F-22. The so called stealth planes are difficult to detect using X band radars, I.e the radars used by most planes. Thus stealth can be very useful for air to air combat.
In any case, where did you hear this chinese claim? Don't tell me it was by some random member on the internet.

So, fourth generation fighters still good for at least 3 decades if not more than that the Chinese keep building them in big number also European do so.

VHF radars are good for detecting targets but crappy for locking on them .

Detecting a stealth jet is no more a hard task.many countries including Iran have VHF radars that are capable of detecting such a type of planes.capturing the Rq-170 is the evidence.

The problem is Radars with high energy signals including X band radars which are used for tracking targets can not detect stealth planes unless they are very close.

In other words detecting such a plane isnt a hard tast but destroying it is very hard and nearly impossible. At least not in Iran's capabilities.

@rahi2357 jan I really didnt say I am optimistic about the news.what i said was regarding my concern about our Air force's aging fleet.

In other words detecting such a plane isnt a hard tast but destroying it is very hard and nearly impossible. At least not in Iran's capabilities.

This is not true brother :) Irgc does have the capability attack stealth targets. The alam al hoda radar is a VHF fire control radar. Meaning it will be used to guide missile to stealth targets. This poster of it was seen during the leader's visit to the military exhibition a few years ago:

M5z4OIW.jpg

Detecting a stealth jet is no more a hard task.many countries including Iran have VHF radars that are capable of detecting such a type of planes.capturing the Rq-170 is the evidence.

The problem is Radars with high energy signals including X band radars which are used for tracking targets can not detect stealth planes unless they are very close.

@rahi2357 jan I really didnt say I am optimistic about the news.what i said was regarding my concern about our Air force's aging fleet.
Combination of optical sensors with radars will solve that problem. One solution is to fire the missile at approximate location of the target determined by VHF radars and leave the rest to the missile optical and infrared system for precision strike.

Combination of optical sensors with radars will solve that problem. One solution is to fire the missile at approximate location of the target determined by VHF radars and leave the rest to the missile optical and infrared system for precision strike.
With a vhf radar detecting is possible, with a optical sensor, tracking is possible.meanwhile we should notice that such system (optical) has very limited range. It wont be beyond 50 km even with a very sophisticated lenz sensor and in a very clear sky.

This is not true brother :) Irgc does have the capability attack stealth targets. The alam al hoda radar is a VHF fire control radar. Meaning it will be used to guide missile to stealth targets. This poster of it was seen during the leader's visit to the military exhibition a few years ago:

M5z4OIW.jpg
Wow. VHF tracking radar?? Might be the first one.

Ok, as long as you can detect it then you can send your fighters to intercept it.

Now you can say but those fighters can't because they equipped with X band radar ok, but those x band has the ability to detect and lock on on it from some distance at least 40-80 km depend on the radar power.

Also some planes equipped with ols or irst systems which also can detect them from a decent distance.

In any case, where did you hear this chinese claim? Don't tell me it was by some random member on the internet.
Bro that was when I read about the KJ-500 aew-c plane.

Any way lets pray peace prosper in our region so that we don't need to spend billions on fighters while we can spend them on infrastructures.

Bro that was when I read about the KJ-500 aew-c plane.

Any way lets pray peace prosper in our region so that we don't need to spend billions on fighters while we can spend them on infrastructures.

You can never be in peace as long states like US and their industrial military complex exist.
As for the Chinese claims, I have heard many such claims and they all turned out to be made up by fanboys.

With a vhf radar detecting is possible, with a optical sensor, tracking is possible.meanwhile we should notice that such system (optical) has very limited range. It wont be beyond 50 km even with a very sophisticated lenz sensor and in a very clear sky.

Wow. VHF tracking radar?? Might be the first one.
The unofficial report says 90km for Iranian variations. PAK-FA sensor allegedly has a range of 130km! For infrared you don't necessarily need clear sky.

"علم الهدی" یک رادار آرایه فازی کنترل آتش در باند VHF است که اولین رادار کنترل آتش در این باند محسوب می‎شود.

سایت مشرق در گزارشی به معرفی «علم الهدی»، ناشناخته‌ترین سامانه شکار جنگنده‌های رادارگریز کشور پرداخته است.

در بخشی از این گزارش آمده است: رادار علم الهدی یک رادار آرایه فازی کنترل آتش در باند VHF است که اولین رادار کنترل آتش در این باند محسوب می‎شود.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom