What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Then India should pull out of the project instead of pouring in 30 billion dollars into it. India has the option to go with F-35. Iran will be glad to fill India's role in FGFA. How much India has spent in FGFA? Five billion? I am sure Iran can write the check for that and take over. Happy?

By the way F-35 is going to cost 150 to 200 million dollar a pop. Not 85 million. US sells F-16 for 85 million dollars.
This discussion is going nowhere. Ciao

i have some question for our iranian brothers.
Gyes i heard that iranian parlament issue a decree that if iranian air force want a new fighter then they sould built in indeginous. don,t know it,s true or false. and last time i read a article that some irgc generals saying that they can built a capable fighter in any day but the real essue is the engine.......................hope iranian brothers will put some more knowledge. :raise:

READ CAREFULLY/READ CAREFULLY/READ CAREFULLY/READ CAREFULLY

salam to all my brothers..je'm glad the embargo lifted. but I have a question, the sanction against lesarme are lifted? or wait 5 years ?

.this issue and important because if you have to wait 5 years, so I can assured you that Iran will have the pakfa, within 5 years the pakfa will be ready and if we must iran will put money into the project to have quickly with a good version.

if the embargo lifted and immediatly, then it must quickly order hunter russia and su-35 are the best actuelement, you know that old hunter and maintain more expensive than bought new?

su-35 fighter and capable of combatre the 5th generation, one can buy the su-35 and negotiate the pakfa for years to come with technology, but in an emergency must be bought to defend our country, the hunter 5th generation of not many in the region, against the F-15 / F-16 are majority (USA, Saudi saoudi, Turki, israel, jordan etc ... etc ...) and the su-35 can easily countered all these aircraft.
su-35 to a wide autonomy in flight, it is an ultra-powerful equip radar and long range missile, it would be perfect to cover and defend the Iranian sky, facing the future threat you better have the su-35 rather as F-1 and F-4. if you wait a long time we will put the country in danger. whereas if we receive new aircraft and its S-300 will definitely spell the end of the military threat.

.if ever we decrease our activity and that Western does not respect their commitment and challenge the sanction? or if israel decides to attack? the better to do in the immediate and dismissed any threat with strengthening the air defense (s-300) and fighters (su-30 or 35)

if the embargo will put our country will not be weak. with good naked power can negotiate with Russia or China Technology in auronautique

Remember that Russia wanted the embargo lifted soon be weapon, russia MIG want to save, but did not find the money, I think that Russia will iran has proposed the mig-35 and technology transfer, iran will not deny technology, and MIG will be saved, iran can also participate in the project as the submarine lada amur equip AIP, Russian is not enough means and iran will have much money. russia needs iran iran and russia needs.

in 5 or 10 years iran will be equipping the PAKFA and S-400 system is well on request of several technology project, but in this case Iran would do well to buy fighter jets and negotiate the S-400 which are proposing to export.

@edit:no excuse for the engine, the Chinese seek the assistance of one Russian, one can very well use the Russian engine, but aviation and tough field and we're late admittedly. So it would be best to order hunter and launch a cooperation that in the future there will be autonomous

توییتر دقایقی قبل
#Iran orders from #China 150
J-10 fighter jets that
incorporate #Israel -i technology
theiranproject.com/
blog/2015/07/3…
pic.twitter.com/VKJIIFlk91

Here we have a news of Iran buying 150 J-10 fighter jet from China.I hope its true and I hope its B varient and I hope its with Russian engine.

Here we have a news of Iran buying 150 J-10 fighter jet from China.I hope its true and I hope its B varient and I hope its with Russian engine.

Highly unlikely. Don't forget that for 5 years, we can't buy arms unless it is approved by UNSC. After 5 years, we can buy whatever we want. Now this news of buying 150 aircraft all at once, it doesn't even make sense.

توییتر دقایقی قبل
J-10 fighter jets that
theiranproject.com/
blog/2015/07/3…

LOL

Highly unlikely. Don't forget that for 5 years, we can't buy arms unless it is approved by UNSC. After 5 years, we can buy whatever we want. Now this news of buying 150 aircraft all at once, it doesn't even make sense.
We can order them now and recieve them once the related arm embargo is lifted.this time type of plane and its quatity is rational and it worth a care.

Why would Iran waste money on the J-10? Iran should not buy anything less than 5th generations. 4th gen are good for bombing missions against terrorists but for air superiority / air to air combat, Iran must concentrate on 5th gen.

Why would Iran waste money on the J-10? Iran should not buy anything less than 5th generations. 4th gen are good for bombing missions against terrorists but for air superiority / air to air combat, Iran must concentrate on 5th gen.
Bro, do you really believe that Russia sell Su-50 to Iran?

In my own opinion we should go after a cheap but working 4 gen fighter jet in order to maintain good quantity in the air force. The best option is j-10B. 150 to 250 J-10B would be awesome.

In order to maintain good quality in the air force, we should buy 80 to 120 Su-35/J-11D.

And meanwhile we should import necessary technologies and start cooperation with Chinese/Russian/Indian/Pakistani counterparts to make a decent 5 gen fighter.also Qaher project will boost amd it will help alot as a special role fighter jet.

توییتر دقایقی قبل
J-10 fighter jets that
theiranproject.com/
blog/2015/07/3…

Iran orders from China 150 J-10 fighter jets that incorporate Israeli technology

Bro , That's just more debka sh!t .

They claimed something crazy few days earlier :

Iran buys 100 Russian refueling aircraft for its air force to reach any point in the Mid East

==================================================

What you guys thinking? Because Iran made a deal with 5+1 is going to order whatever with no negotiating ? Is Iran so much " javgir " ? You guys should wait one year then maybe we can hear something about ordering jet fighters .
But for now " Negotiations on delivery of a more modernized Russian air defense system than S-300 to Iran are close to a successful conclusion, a source in the Iranian Defense Ministry told Sputnik on Saturday. "

Last edited:
Bro, do you really believe that Russia sell Su-50 to Iran?

In my own opinion we should go after a cheap but working 4 gen fighter jet in order to maintain good quantity in the air force. The best option is j-10B. 150 to 250 J-10B would be awesome.

In order to maintain good quality in the air force, we should buy 80 to 120 Su-35/J-11D.

And meanwhile we should import necessary technologies and start cooperation with Chinese/Russian/Indian/Pakistani counterparts to make a decent 5 gen fighter.also Qaher project will boost amd it will help alot as a special role fighter jet.

The problems is bro, by the time we get those 100's of 4th gen planes, 4th gen planes would have already been outdated. I just don't see how 4th gen planes will make that much of a difference to us.
That's why I said, we need to seek 5th gen platforms. I am sure there are ways we can buy technologies for 5th gen and enter cooperation to make joint projects and yes, I don't see any reason why Russian would not sell the T-50. Why would they not sell it bro? What makes me sad is that I simply don't see a big desire from Iran to modernise the airforce. It's like it has been abandoned. I don't understand why the regular army is so crap. Is it because of their incompetency or is it political reason? Iran needs to push very hard to get 5th gen planes and at the same time get technologies as well. We need to close the technological gap. Iran needs to become very hungry for jet fighter technology and if that happens, we'll have a decent indigenous platform in no time. Just need ways to buy technologies for engines etc. Our current technological base for airforce is probably better than we think, but they need much more money.

Avionics, Avionics, Avionics ... I wish we put money in developing more avionics. Advanced Avionics, good Radar, decent sensor pods and EECM and ECM ...and a decent BVR capability makes even Azarakhsh shine! (as long as it can carry and fit all those). I know they can build and design anything they think of in Iran but one problem may be not seeing the state of the art makes you settle on mediocre or outdated design.

Iraq's new F-16 batch is a good source of inspiration. I hope they don't notice one of the 4 missing! :) May be we could get our hands on one of them just to see what has changed in western design during these years that we had been cut off.

Our avionics is not that bad at the moment:
We have seen many example showing good advancements:

20141022_122629.jpg

You know what is nice about above? It is using Iranian made TACHRA processor:

Pars-Semiconductor_Aristo.jpg

Also another video Iranian MFD's etc, the video is about 5 years old:

Our avionics is not that bad at the moment:
We have seen many example showing good advancements:

20141022_122629.jpg

You know what is nice about above? It is using Iranian made TACHRA processor:

Pars-Semiconductor_Aristo.jpg

Also another video Iranian MFD's etc, the video is about 5 years old:
Wow, that is a surprise. Didn't know Iran made a processor. Good job. What made them decide to build one instead of using off the shelve processors? The expertise they gained building this SPARC processor will help them designing special purpose chips for the military. I think it is the right move. I guess building know how would be the reason they did that. Anyway very interesting.

Is Parse Semiconductor still active in Iran? It seems they are no more active. Probably merged.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom