What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The F-16. Because it is more maneuverable and able to make quicker unpredictable moves. Anti-aircraft gunnery is essentially making predictions as to where the target is GOING TO BE, aka 'leading the target', then shoot at that point in the sky, hoping that the target will be at the intercept point.

Your reply is dishonest. Firstly there is no sophisticated missile or AAA in the hands of Isis, nor they have the human resources to field such systems. The engine failure is a very real possibility and it need not be an explosive one. A twin engine design certainly gives a much better survival possibility than a single engine design, specially in such situation that IRIAF is operating. Secondly, an F-4 carries much heavier load of bombs than F-16, thereby cutting down on number of sorties required for the job therefore decreasing the possibility of losing a bird over Isis territory due to an engine failure. If compressor sheds a blade which happens from time to time, there is a great possibility that the F-16 pilot will be on a video with a knife at his throat. The F-4 pilot will come home with the other engine running.

And the US Navy is going to the F-35, a single engine fighter.

I used the A-10 only as an example of a highly specialized aircraft.

I responded to your comment that a twin engine fighter is somehow 'better' than a single engine one because of the availability of a 'spare' engine in case of an engine failure. We now know that argument is not really valid any more.

The US navy is "GOING". It has not yet gone. The F-35 is an unproven platform. It is ill suited to CAS, since it is a fast flying jet with thin skin. For CAS, an aircraft like Su-25 is better than F-35 since at ranges it operates, stealth has no meaning. Besides, F-35 has a very compromised design. A CAS or ground attack aircraft that uses fuel in its hydraulic system as F-35 does, in place of conventional non-flammable hydraulic fluid in order to save weight is a poor design. Even a hit from small arms fire will bring that plane down in fire. It is not a survivable plane.

A-10 is truly an excellent design. I do not dispute that.

You are again being dishonest. But then it seems you are a dishonest person, hiding behind your prejudice. I did not claim that twin engine fighter is "better" than a single engine one. Go and read my comments again. I said, in this particular situation a mission planner would send in a twin design for the reasons I have enumerated above. And you did not answer the central question here, which was not about twin/single engine design. It was about the failure of Turkish AF in its strategic objectives. Which you did not even address. So much so for your honesty in argument.

mate , after sometime u can easily realize the fanboys in this forum are the overwhelming majority .

sometimes u have to just be silent in response , which is much more effective on fanboys ;)

B.S .

for fighters like F-14 and F-15 or basically any fighter jet whose engines are far apart , that maybe a valid discussion .

but for fighters like F-18 or F-5 , the second engine is always an "spare" as u call it , to the second one in case of engine failure .

Yes, I can see that. They are immature. They have failed miserably in their strategic planning. Let them feel good about their "uber" aircrafts. When kids start crying, we give them toys. Let them have their toys.

Basically that is right. The farther engines are from each other the safer the design becomes. But in A-10, they have gone even further by placing engines outside the mainframe of the aircraft and as far away from fuel tanks as well. It is an excellent design. In Su-25, they have placed a titanium armor plate between the engines to separate them from each other so in case one engine explodes, the other remains safe.

Welcome Daneshmand!

Don't argue with him it is of no use. In his narrow mind whoever doesn't think like him or agree with him is an idiot. I wonder when he will realize that if you are living in a world that everyone seems like a fool, then maybe you are the one that is a fool not them!

Well, he is angry. It is understandable. Turkey has lost so much in the past 4 years over the issue of Syria. Their dreams of becoming the leader of Islamic world has gone down the drain. They have now to deal with millions of refugees with whom they have little cultural affinity (they are Arabs), for decades and possibly forever. Alot of these refugees will eventually have to be given Turkish citizenship and will inevitably through their presence modify the Turkish culture and society. The Turkish society has become polarized and fragmented. The core of Turkish state which rests on the idea of secularism has come under doubt. And so on and so forth. It is his anger at his loss and his jealousy of Iran that forces him to behave in the way that he does. We are just pouring petrol on him. :rofl:

Arminkh,

Thank you for the welcome!

Your reply is dishonest. Firstly there is no sophisticated missile or AAA in the hands of Isis, nor they have the human resources to field such systems. The engine failure is a very real possibility and it need not be an explosive one. A twin engine design certainly gives a much better survival possibility than a single engine design, specially in such situation that IRIAF is operating. Secondly, an F-4 carries much heavier load of bombs than F-16, thereby cutting down on number of sorties required for the job therefore decreasing the possibility of losing a bird over Isis territory due to an engine failure. If compressor sheds a blade which happens from time to time, there is a great possibility that the F-16 pilot will be on a video with a knife at his throat. The F-4 pilot will come home with the other engine running.
It does not matter. :lol:

No air force, not even US, can afford to field different grades of fighters for different grades of opponents. We did not build an A-10 for tank and a lesser A-10 for the infantry. No, we built an A-10 for tank and if we happened to encounter an opponent that does not have tanks, too bad for the other side.

As for the F-16, it is not the world's most versatile fighter because of our opinion. The 'twin engine is superior to single engine because of survival reason' is done debating and you lost by virtue of the real world with real air forces with real financial constraints.

The US navy is "GOING". It has not yet gone. The F-35 is an unproven platform. It is ill suited to CAS, since it is a fast flying jet with thin skin. For CAS, an aircraft like Su-25 is better than F-35 since at ranges it operates, stealth has no meaning. Besides, F-35 has a very compromised design. A CAS or ground attack aircraft that uses fuel in its hydraulic system as F-35 does, in place of conventional non-flammable hydraulic fluid in order to save weight is a poor design. Even a hit from small arms fire will bring that plane down in fire. It is not a survivable plane.
Let US know when Iran can field something better.

:enjoy:

Coming soon ...

IRAN-140T_3.jpg IRAN-140T_1.jpg IRAN-140T_2.jpg IRAN-140T_4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom