What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Antonov_An-140_1.jpg

09B5B848551EFC69C12578C70035B3FAT00.jpg

C-295.JPG

Last edited:
SO nothing. Just an observation. <hint: remove chip from shoulder>

who is indonesia ? o_O what is CASA ? o_O

IrAn-140 is Iranian licensed production of An-140-100 which is a ukranian civil plane :undecided:

Antonov An-140 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you, that is what I figured. It is very similar to CN-235/9: a tactical military transport, not a regional airliner.

AN-140 succeeds AN-24. An-24T was a tactical transport. AN-24 led to military AN-26 (with ramp, like those CASA planes) . Similarly, An-140-100 can be built for civilian, military and special purpose: maritime patrol, medical, aerial photography, geological exploration, freight etc.
YA-GAL_AN-24_Ariana_Kabul_Bild-1_Eichhorn_Web.jpg

PlanespottersNet_179313.jpg

FOr your information and amusement.

"During a ceremony marking the commemoration of the Antonov An-140 first official flight in Iran on 11 October 2000, the country's military officials showed interest toward absorbing the licensed-built turboprop into Iranian armed forces' aging fleet of transport and patrol aircraft.
Iranian military intends to incorporate An-140 in such badly needed roles as light tactical transport, due to its short (1,350m) and unprepared runway performance. Airborne early warning radar platform will also be a desired mission for An-140, taking into account Iran's diverse terrain and the need to provide coverage for low altitude airborne target detection and tracking. "
An-140 Attracts Military Support As it Enters Production in Iran

An-140 Enters Service with Russian Military | Defense: Aviation International News

Russia Dumps An-140T Airlifter for Home-Made Ilyushins | Defense: Aviation International News

What are these two different pods? (yellow on top and the white on bottom image)

I suppose these upgraded IRIAF Phantoms are more than enough for those savage terrorists
View attachment 164569 View attachment 164570
Oh Yeaaah! Especially when they are armed with Sattar 4 LGB and Ghased. I don't like to be anywhere near where they drop those smart bombs! This is a great opportunity for Iran to test the newly developed weapons.

The F-16. Because it is more maneuverable and able to make quicker unpredictable moves. Anti-aircraft gunnery is essentially making predictions as to where the target is GOING TO BE, aka 'leading the target', then shoot at that point in the sky, hoping that the target will be at the intercept point.
Then I wonder how you are going to do your bombing and gunning campaign if you fly like a drunk bee ?

and if you are going to fly like that only if you are attacked , well I wonder how you are going to evade something that you can't see by your eye or your instruments

Last edited:
Then I wonder how you are going to do your bombing and gunning campaign if you fly like a drunk bee ?

and if you are going to fly like that only if you are attacked , well I wonder how you are going to evade something that you can't see by your eye or your instruments
Good point!

Leave him. He is clearly a very dishonest and prejudiced person. A bigot. And I think he also suffers from dysgraphia. I believe what he actually meant to say but screwed up while writing it is that the F-16 is easier to fly from the perspective of the pilot because of its fly by wire system. That F-16 system puts less emphasis on pilot skills specially during maneuvers compared with a fighter like F-4. At any rate, as I said above, air force is just a tool and if that tool be the most uber one that fails to materialize strategic gains for its owner, then it is useless compared to a less uber air force that actually produces tangible strategic gains for its owner. IRIAF produces strategic results. Turkish air force failed every time.

It is called 'technology' ? Just because Iran does not have something, that does not mean we do not. Just because Iranian pilots cannot do something, that does not mean American pilots cannot.

Leave him. He is clearly a very dishonest and prejudiced person. A bigot. And I think he also suffers from dysgraphia. I believe what he actually meant to say but screwed up while writing it is that the F-16 is easier to fly from the perspective of the pilot because of its fly by wire system. That F-16 system puts less emphasis on pilot skills specially during maneuvers compared with a fighter like F-4. At any rate, as I said above, air force is just a tool and if that tool be the most uber one that fails to materialize strategic gains for its owner, then it is useless compared to a less uber air force that actually produces tangible strategic gains for its owner. IRIAF produces strategic results. Turkish air force failed every time.
And I bet the closest you ever got to an aircraft is boarding an airliner. Go back to whatever sandbox you came from and let adults talk.

It is called 'technology' ? Just because Iran does not have something, that does not mean we do not. Just because Iranian pilots cannot do something, that does not mean American pilots cannot.

And I bet the closest you ever got to an aircraft is boarding an airliner. Go back to whatever sandbox you came from and let adults talk.
You can ask your elder fellas about Iranian pilots and their heroic performance in Iran-Iraq war.

H3 airstrike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
well I perfectly get the point , USA can do it , the others cant do it :sick:.
by the way here is the debate between Turkey and Iran nobody said anything about USA air-force. here we are talking about if turkey is the one who did the attack is there any reason that they prefer f-16 over F-4 for such operation .

By the way aside from Venezuela are you aware of any country that have less advanced F-16 than USA ?

Back
Top Bottom